News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

A Rant.

Started by Kai, January 17, 2010, 06:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

Kiss them on the cheek then say your straight.

My guess is - Its an assumption. People love to assume that all gays just hit on any guys around... Fucking hell. My friend was explaining to me that Men have natural instincts to hunt out for other guys. Then why the fuck aren't I doing that shit - haha, thinking about it annoys me... I got annoyed, and she knew it.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Dot Ardella

Quote from: Cainad on January 17, 2010, 09:16:31 PM
:mittens: from me, also. Pussyfooting around gay rights is so.... ugh. I don't even know.

I am personally sick of hearing about "gay rights"...it is a non issue, just like saying "heterosexual rights."

As a gay person, I would like to think it just comes under the category of "human rights"...why is it such a fucking big deal who I fuck?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dot Ardella on January 18, 2010, 03:20:35 AM
:mittens: from me, also. Pussyfooting around gay rights is so.... ugh. I don't even know.

I am personally sick of hearing about "gay rights"...it is a non issue, just like saying "heterosexual rights."

As a gay person, I would like to think it just comes under the category of "human rights"...why is it such a fucking big deal who I fuck?

This is a good point, actually.

NotPublished

BabylonHoruv

Because who you fuck isn't the debate, it's who you marry.

The only place I am ambivalent about granting gay's equal rights is on military service.  Proclaiming homosexuality was a good way to stay out of the draft and although I'm a bit old to get drafted a lot of my friends aren't.  I suppose it's a matter of priorities, the right to choose not to serve by pretending to be gay or the right to serve if you choose, irregardless of sexual orientation.  I just tend to error on the side of not having to serve, even if that means some unfairness for gays who want to serve.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dot Ardella

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 18, 2010, 04:10:56 AM

The only place I am ambivalent about granting gay's equal rights is on military service.  Proclaiming homosexuality was a good way to stay out of the draft and although I'm a bit old to get drafted a lot of my friends aren't.  I suppose it's a matter of priorities, the right to choose not to serve by pretending to be gay or the right to serve if you choose, irregardless of sexual orientation.  I just tend to error on the side of not having to serve, even if that means some unfairness for gays who want to serve.

The only aspect that differentiates it from a heterosexual marriage is gender.
We say it is not about sexuality. But I highly doubt it.
Sexuality is the only issue that differentiates a "straight" person, from a "gay" one. So I assert my argument still stands concerning human rights, and being able to marry whom you choose. Regardless of gender.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Dot Ardella on January 18, 2010, 04:27:15 AM

Sexuality is the only issue that differentiates a "straight" person, from a "gay" one. So I assert my argument still stands concerning human rights, and being able to marry whom you choose. Regardless of gender.

True.  Marriage doesn't have to be about sexual attraction after all.

-Dok Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: Dot Ardella on January 18, 2010, 04:27:15 AM

In a couple of weeks i have due an essay about homosexual couples adopting children, from a psychological perspective.

Im worried how im going to approach it, because according to psycho-analytic theory, the healthy childs development depends on a good triangulation between mother and father, as oedipus complex goes... but for now, im sticking with the idea that merely each parent can play the psychic function role regardless of their sex...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

NotPublished

Johny - just a question

Using a scenario of a gay couple,  it would be good to have one who plays the role of the Mum and one who plays the role of the dad - other wise, if you have 2 who play the role of the dad; would the child inherittly follow the same archetype or would they be more feminine to balance it out?

Sorry for the sucky wording :(

The Johnny

Quote from: NotPublished on January 18, 2010, 04:42:53 AM
Johny - just a question

Using a scenario of a gay couple,  it would be good to have one who plays the role of the Mum and one who plays the role of the dad - other wise, if you have 2 who play the role of the dad; would the child inherittly follow the same archetype or would they be more feminine to balance it out?

This is a huge mess of a thing, so lets see, Im gonna transcribe you what the three stages of the Oedipus Complex according to Lacan...

1st stage: The triangle is formed by the child, the mother and the "phallus"; the phallus is something the mother desires and that the child attempts to become; the mother's desire is the law.

2nd stage: The father intervenes, by setting up the castration, by denying the child the mother; the father vs. the child, competing for the mother's affection.

3rd stage: The father shows he owns the phallus, castrating the child; the child realizes he cannot be the phallus and is relieved of that angst of trying to become it. This is at the same time the prohibition of incest, but also the promise, thru identification with the father, to someday get a woman of his own.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

In other words, the main caretaker forms initially a symbiotic relationship with the child, and there needs to be a third force that separates them; if that separation does not take place, the child does not form a will of his own, and just lives to satisfy the needs of the caretaker (he become the caretakers "phallus").

I think the parents sex doesnt matter, but MAYBE their genders do matter.

I.E. Having two persons with male genitalia (male sex) but with a female personality (female gender).

-B.F. Skinner

NotPublished

Damn. I was about to ask  "What about the case with a single parent? If a parent was to act as both mum and dad."
So in that case, the child would become dependant on the parent and do what it takes to keep them happy?

But going back to your post - using that mind-set, that would mean Gay people make gay babies? (Or rather a higher chance - because the son will fight the dad/daughter fight the mum)

So - As long as personality of the parents is Dualistic (Feminine/Masculine) then the child will form the seperation?

eta : Didn't see your edit. Haha

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: NotPublished on January 18, 2010, 05:02:51 AM
Damn. I was about to ask  "What about the case with a single parent? If a parent was to act as both mum and dad."
So in that case, the child would become dependant on the parent and do what it takes to keep them happy?

But going back to your post - using that mind-set, that would mean Gay people make gay babies? (Or rather a higher chance - because the son will fight the dad/daughter fight the mum)

So - As long as personality of the parents is Dualistic (Feminine/Masculine) then the child will form the seperation?

eta : Didn't see your edit. Haha

Statistically gay parents don't make gay babies at any higher rate that straights.  At least according to all the studies I have seen.

-Dok Howl

Nast

Quote from: JohNyx on January 18, 2010, 04:53:30 AM
Quote from: NotPublished on January 18, 2010, 04:42:53 AM
Johny - just a question

Using a scenario of a gay couple,  it would be good to have one who plays the role of the Mum and one who plays the role of the dad - other wise, if you have 2 who play the role of the dad; would the child inherittly follow the same archetype or would they be more feminine to balance it out?

This is a huge mess of a thing, so lets see, Im gonna transcribe you what the three stages of the Oedipus Complex according to Lacan...

1st stage: The triangle is formed by the child, the mother and the "phallus"; the phallus is something the mother desires and that the child attempts to become; the mother's desire is the law.

2nd stage: The father intervenes, by setting up the castration, by denying the child the mother; the father vs. the child, competing for the mother's affection.

3rd stage: The father shows he owns the phallus, castrating the child; the child realizes he cannot be the phallus and is relieved of that angst of trying to become it. This is at the same time the prohibition of incest, but also the promise, thru identification with the father, to someday get a woman of his own.

Is it wrong that I can't take any of the Oedipus Complex seriously?

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Salty

I dunno man. The most positive male influence I had was a lesbian.

Gender is lot more fluid and permeable in it's expression than sex. A lot of the roles amd characteristics we place on one gender over another are based on assumptions and social constructs. Some of that is good, some bad. It's hard to draw a clear line.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.