News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 10, 2014, 02:23:22 PM
Well, now have 2 people reading the story here, and maybe 4 at the other place.

I suck at this.

I'm gonna tie up year end financials instead.

I am keeping up, sorry for not chiming in more. And hey even if nobody is reading, fuck it, write anyway. That's how Necronomicoin is still alive.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Well, I've just upset the entire population of Japan, going by Twitter.

Roger, I've not yet caught up on the story, but it's on my to-do list.  I was in fact hoping to put it onto the Kindle and hit it up during my break at work tomorrow or Saturday.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on July 10, 2014, 02:34:42 PM
Well, I've just upset the entire population of Japan, going by Twitter.

Roger, I've not yet caught up on the story, but it's on my to-do list.  I was in fact hoping to put it onto the Kindle and hit it up during my break at work tomorrow or Saturday.

You can't just drop that there and not provide context....

Roger, if it would help inspire you, I'd pay standard e-book prices for you to finish the Friday story.

Junkenstein

You know, if Roger was actually inclined he could probably leverage the levels of crazy stalkers he gets into a nice cash cow.

Call me. We'll talk. I'll take 10%.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Oh, I wrote an article about Japan.  Given the large amounts of bullshit surrounding the topic of Japanese re-arming, my tolerance for it was lower than usual and was likely reflected in the article.

I'm honestly surprised it got published.

Pæs

Just logged into SecondLife after many year absence. Dropped into an RPG I used to play there, which is facilitated by a scripted combat meter which hovers above everyone's head tracking their stats, complex enough to almost be a game engine. Originally I was invited to test the security of the system, then the owners flipped out at me when I found things, so I went public and the game was HAX EVERYWHERE for a while. It did not end well for anyone. Except me, who got lulz until they figured out how to permaban. (The combat meter was also responsible for bans, so for a while I would just regularly ban the owner from the game which in SecondLife catapults you violently from the game world and looks awesome.

Today I returned and just lurked in one of the game environments. The owner came around the corner and walked past me. Then came back and stopped for a minute and clearly went away to look up my character in the database.

My chat window opens: ARE YOU LEVEL TWO FUCKING BILLION?

AWW YISS I AM.

For those of you who don't frequent SecondLife RPGs, this means I could kill everyone currently logged in without really touching any keys. I accidentally killed a few people while we were standing there chatting. Many lulz were had as I explained how to fix the exploit, which I found about ten minutes after returning to the game in the web page they use to set up characters.

Was a good evening.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on July 10, 2014, 02:42:27 PM
Oh, I wrote an article about Japan.  Given the large amounts of bullshit surrounding the topic of Japanese re-arming, my tolerance for it was lower than usual and was likely reflected in the article.

I'm honestly surprised it got published.

Link? PM if there's stream crossing issues.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

trix

I suck at this.

You shouldn't look at immediate results.  I usually wait until a story is complete before I get into it, as I am terrible at waiting on installments.  Friday was an exception because I didn't realize what it was until I had started and by then it was TOO LATE and I was hooked.  I haven't even caught up on half of the stuff you've written here over the years, though I do try and will continue to.

And yeah like the other guy said, I'd be happy to send something your way out of appreciation.  I mean, you've provided dozens of books worth of entertainment to me over the last few years, and you barely even know me and probably don't like me.  If you don't mind accepting "fake" money, I'd be perfectly happy to break you off a piece of my bitcoin lottery money as a token of appreciation.  Your hate frightens, inspires, and teaches me, and I don't think I'm the only one. Especially when you direct that hate towards me.  Even when it's not in story form!  All the fuckers here have taught me that I'm a pretentious, pedantic, self-absorbed twit, and that's not me having an ego problem.  My ego is fine, I just really am those things and thanks to the people here I've been able to get over myself enough to recognize those particular bars of my cell for what they are.  I appreciate everything I learn here, even if I sometimes make a mess while learning it.  Do not give up Rev!

So if you have a bitcoin wallet addy post or PM it and I will send some appreciation!  Seriously, I'd feel better for it too.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Suu

So husband's ex already got a warning once about fraud when she turned back on the satellite TV he had shut off last year. That cost her a month of alimony.

Now, one pay period shy of ending alimony payments, she fucking REINSTATES THE HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE POLICY FOR A HOUSE HE DOES NOT OWN ANYMORE IN ORDER TO TRY TO REFINANCE. The insurance company automatically took the money, and then went, "Wait a sec" and called him yesterday. The policy was immediately cancelled, and the money was transferred to his auto insurance, and will cover it for the next 3 months or so, which is a nice gesture, but now we're out the money we needed to make it to the next paycheck, and have to dip into savings. Bank found out about her fraud, froze her account, and is now moving to press charges.

TV service is one thing, but insurance fraud? Yep. This is gonna be good. I have no idea why she thought this could possibly work without getting caught. I don't know all the details about how she was able to keep the house after the foreclosure, but this has the potential to be lulzy as fuck, or, you know, because she's a piece of Western Connecticut boarding school trash, they'll call it "affluenza" and nothing will happen. We're hoping for at least some jail time, but her credit is officially done. That's for sure. Mr. Suu had a shit eating grin on yesterday...except that whole, "We need to dip into your vacation money if we want to eat this week" part.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

They would automatically draft a payment on a cancelled policy without written authorization?  Or did she forge that, too?

It might be a good idea to get a new bank acct number.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2014, 03:42:15 PM
They would automatically draft a payment on a cancelled policy without written authorization?  Or did she forge that, too?

It might be a good idea to get a new bank acct number.

Taken care of yesterday, which is also going to fuck us good this month but we should be okay. From what I understand, she was still using her old power of attorney that was granted during his last deployment to do it, even though all of that was revoked with the divorce, so we aren't sure why USAA didn't catch it off the bat, other than a computer error and somebody not doing their job. They're on it though, and so is Navy Federal.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suck at this.

I wouldn't be so fast to attribute other people's available time and energy entirely to your skill as a writer.

It sure as fuck makes me feel like I'm being guilt-tripped when I see shit like this, and you know what doesn't make something fun to read? Feeling guilt-tripped about it. It makes me want to just not even bother when I do have time for "fun" reading.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 10, 2014, 02:25:38 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 09, 2014, 06:02:49 PM
I heard back from my advisor this morning, and I'm eligible to pursue my major under the new requirements.  :banana:

It says something about my school experience that my gut reaction is to advise you to check with three other advisors, sacrifice a goat on the dean's lawn, and hold the university president's pets hostage until you see a transcript, scribed on a tungsten plate, verifying that your credits are all in order.

But of course you already have that all taken care of. You're the last person I need to be advising about this.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Heaven forbid I should be busy as fuck and trying to manage various meltdowns on the homefront, and still make a few minutes here and there to read and post in Open Bar so I can at least still feel like part of a community. If I can't thoroughly read/respond to every thread on the forum, or at least the ones that people particularly want validation in, WAISA? I should just drop off the face of the planet.

Raz Tech

What does WAISA mean?  My google-fu is failing because all I've been able to find is Western Australian Ice Skating Association, as well as other things that I don't think are correct for this.