News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

"True" Discordians

Started by Cain, August 27, 2005, 02:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I'm a fake discordian.

Also, I contribute virtually nothing to the forums.

LHX

i eventually mess everything up

this forum will disintegrate within the year

i am just not sure if i do these things accidentally on purpose

or on purpose
by accident
neat hell

ataraxia

LHX is that guy from "Running Down" by M John Harrison?

:shock:

He was scary. He made a mountain fall down just by hanging around too long. Had an entropy curse or something.
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

DJRubberducky

Maybe fnordy and LHX are like The Dirty Pair.  Well, except the forum should already have been destroyed by now, I think. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

Quote from: LHX

Bet you five bucks it won't.

Verthaine

Quote from: LHXi eventually mess everything up

i am just not sure if i do these things accidentally on purpose

or on purpose
by accident

They said the same thing about the whole "concept" of discordianism when Hill and Thornley first came up with it.That was almost 50 years ago.
This forum may evolve,it may change,but it won't disintergrate unless the entire internet breaks down.

If there are people here that contribute nothing to this forum,them at least make the attempt to learn.
There are many in this forum who have many great things to contribute.TGRR,Sssbela,St.Hugh,Horab,myself,etc, all have very thought provoking things to say.You may not agree with what is said,but at least let it get you thinking.I learn many things from this forum.
I find it sad that many here think they know everything.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

LMNO

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Verthaine, sometimes it feels like taking retards to the zoo, but only I have forgotten who the tards and the chaperones are. So my only response is to feed them all anyway.

Sometimes I think one way about Discordianism other times it's another way. It is amazing that some people get so caught up in the ideas.

Surviving strife is neato, if it can be done. Much of my younger life was that way. I only mention that to say that I am always ready for it now. It's a habit. Perhaps that's why I like Eris.

I wonder what some of the rest of the posters here think about why they started looking into Discordianism in the first place. Did they all have strife in their lives, or were they all pretty much normal Mid classers on drugs?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

LMNO

Me?  I suppose...

Middle-class kid, hanging with the DC/Baltimore punks, dropping out of college...

Not exactly "strife", but a change of scenery from boarding school, to be sure.

LHX

strife and drugs are the only ways

unless somebody is really into intense study

baaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha

the funniest thing about discordia for me was when i accidentally stumbled on to a discordian website 4 or 5 years ago and had no fucking idea what i was looking at

until a couple of years later
i was looking for discordianism and wound up on the same website

bottom line is that i got a feeling that we all ended up here looking for the idea that would bring to an end all the bullshit debates / conflicts we had gotten into throughout 'life'

this shit is like the only possible inner peace for somebody tainted by one-up-manship

it is like becoming so intelligent that you turn into a retard
neat hell

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 23, 2005, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: LHX

Bet you five bucks it won't.

Did you ever get your fiver, since it's over 6 years later?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS