News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

The Dog Story

Started by Richter, September 30, 2010, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

The Dog Story

Nothing can quite channel the essence of human stupidity like a poorly trained young dog, or the antics of a monkey.  Well, maybe not the monkey.  Even when apes are howling around acting foolish, big stupid toothy grins, it's a dominance game.  The smile? "Look at what I will fucking bite you with, fuckass."  Maybe not the dogs either, but it reminds me of Boomer and Carl.  Boomer was the dog, Carl was the boy.  Neither was shaggy (I'm just setting that out right now.)

As mentioned, Boomer was not the best trained.  Hauling around barking, grabbing things, peeing, generally embodying the traits in dogs that make me cringe.  Carl, the boy, and very much the dog's boy, wasn't exactly a hand in correcting this.

"OOhhh! Boomer!", he'd always cry when the dog did something idiotic.  It came out half amused, half helpless exclamation.  That was the age he was at, and it was just dawning on him the distinction between the momentary spark of fun, and keeping things un – fucked in the long term.  Why would anyone want to do that?  Simple, to my reasoning.  Un – fucked things are nice.  There's no standard to them, just decide the level of organization vs. clutter, cleanliness, and decoration you want in a place, then keep it up.  Clean the filth when filth happens.  An untrained dog is a great way to make you appreciate the effort un – fucking takes.

Not the dog's fault, he wasn't trained any better.  Not the boy's fault, he wasn't either, but he was learning it. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

sort of a yin-yang story, no?  I like it  :lol:

Richter

Maybe, it's one of those events / relationships that's always stuck in my mind.  I never really looked into it quite so much until I was actually writing it.  There's yin and yang, certainly, and really a lot more favoring "order" than I'd expect for a strictly Discordian piece.  Then I realized there was a lot you could draw from it about growth and learning from it too.  Not even so much sappy reflection of "I've learned so much from my dog / student / teacher / pokemons.", but more on that quiet level where you accumulate an idea of how things work as you live.

Thanks, also :)
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on September 30, 2010, 05:44:16 PM
Neither was shaggy (I'm just setting that out right now.)

I'm never going to be forgiven for that, am I?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 30, 2010, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: Richter on September 30, 2010, 05:44:16 PM
Neither was shaggy (I'm just setting that out right now.)

I'm never going to be forgiven for that, am I?   :lulz:

:lulz:  Glad you caught that.