News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

A Clarification:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 23, 2007, 06:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Apparently, at least one or two of you have misunderstood everything I've tried
to say for the last few years.  You've missed the point, so I guess I'm gonna
have to explain my position in small words.  Tell me if I'm typing this too fast
for you.

Look, when I bitched about the republic being dead, and freedom being a dying
art, I wasn't telling you to ACCEPT these hideous truths!  I wasn't telling you
to give up, and roll into a fetal ball in the corner!  Goddammit, you'd BETTER
holler when the rock hits you, because when you're dead, you'll shut up like
hell!

And when I wrote "or kill me", just what the fuck did you think I was trying to
say?  Well, let me tell you one last hideous truth...there IS freedom, but
nobody is going to give it to you.  Not your rich parents. Not your
"government" (har har!).  Your military isn't fighting for your freedom
(and if you think they are, boy do I have a real estate deal for you!).

No, you'll just have to take it for yourself, just like those asstards back in the 18th century.  And if they try to stop you, you have to kick them in the jimmy.  And you'll have to kick them until they let you have your freedom, or until they kill you.  And until they do, you'd better live a life WORTHY of a free person!  Don't just eat that cheeseburger, eat the HELL out of it! Go nuts!  Kick shit over, have a blast, and enjoy what little time you get before they bring the hammer down on you!

Shit, do you think they're gonna let me get away with MY shit forever?  They've
already tried to lock me up twice, and three times is a charm.  No, one day I'll
disappear...I'll just stop showing up, and you'll wonder why for a little while,
and then you'll get back to bickering about music, etc, and I'll fade from your
memory.  Just another foul-mouthed thug from the Southwest, who tried to bring
back the Wild West and failed.

Until the day they come for YOU.  Oh, and they WILL.  Maybe not Bush and his
crew...they're on their last legs.  But maybe Hillary and HER crew...you ARE a disruptive bunch, and you'll never make it on Oprah.  So maybe you'll be shunted off to a re-education camp in New Hampshire, where you'll be beaten like a rat every day, for your own good.

And on THAT day, friends, you'll wish you'd listened.  You'll wish you'd grabbed
that ephemeral thing we call "freedom" by the neck and choked the shit out of
it.  You'll wish you realized earlier what you stood to lose.  Well, at first. 
In a month or so, you'll start responding to the therapy, and you'll wonder what
all the fuss was about.  The sun will shine down onto your grey pajamas, and
even the mud of the camp recreation area will look warm and inviting.  You'll
realize that They really do love you, even when you're bad.  And you love them. 
You love Big Brother.

Bang.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Well said.  Only dead fish go with the flow.

And as the sea pollution increases, there will be plenty of those to go around...

If Discord is anything, its resisting the flow, drawing a line, saying "no" and refusing to go along with the current state of affairs.  Discord is the spirit of rebellion (not revolution) and should be embraced as such.

Jasper

My heavens, what would Justin Timberlake say about this?

LMNO

Well said, Roger. 

Would you say that the first place to find freedom is in your own mind, or is it first in the place where your body is?

Oh and Felix, JT is too busy fucking Scarlett Johansen to care.

AFK

I, personally, would say it's in the mind.  I think it is possible to be free mentally and spiritually, but still be bogged down in the "real" and physical world.  I think a good example would be any of us here who are in a less than ideal occupation.  Unfortunately, it seems there are some games you have to play.  Because apparently hospitals don't take charm and charisma as currency. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Ours do.  If you have a few months to wait.

And if you're doing what you want to do and not letting someone else rule your life, who's to say you don't have both?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 23, 2007, 01:18:05 PM
Well said, Roger. 

Would you say that the first place to find freedom is in your own mind, or is it first in the place where your body is?

Both.  You is or you isn't.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2007, 01:54:05 PM
I, personally, would say it's in the mind.  I think it is possible to be free mentally and spiritually, but still be bogged down in the "real" and physical world.  I think a good example would be any of us here who are in a less than ideal occupation.  Unfortunately, it seems there are some games you have to play.  Because apparently hospitals don't take charm and charisma as currency. 

You can be free in jail.

Look, freedom is the act - not a state of being - of doing what YOU want to do, no matter what happens because of that.  When Martin Luther King, Jr went to Birmingham jail, he was a hell of a lot more free than the people who put him there.

LMNO

meme bomb time!

FREEDOM IS A VERB.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 23, 2007, 04:07:55 PM
meme bomb time!

FREEDOM IS A VERB.

Oh, that'll do nicely.

TGRR,
Just freedomed in his pance.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2007, 04:03:15 PM

You can be free in jail.

Look, freedom is the act - not a state of being - of doing what YOU want to do, no matter what happens because of that.  When Martin Luther King, Jr went to Birmingham jail, he was a hell of a lot more free than the people who put him there.

Problem.

Most people have lost what they truly want in a tangle of cables, asphalt, and self-pity.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

tyrannosaurus vex

people want to be emo.

they=winnars.

emo is like goth. except, worse fashion sense, and no follow-through.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Netaungrot on February 23, 2007, 05:22:02 PM

You can be free in jail.

Problem.

Most people have lost what they truly want in a tangle of cables, asphalt, and self-pity.

Sucks to be them.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2007, 05:33:19 PM

You can be free in jail.

Problem.

Sucks to be them.

Of course, but what to DO with them? 

Doesn't seem right to just let them slowly bleed out in the closet.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Netaungrot on February 23, 2007, 06:09:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2007, 05:33:19 PM

You can be free in jail.

Problem.

Sucks to be them.

Of course, but what to DO with them? 

Doesn't seem right to just let them slowly bleed out in the closet.

Who put them there in the first fucking place?  Not me.