You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

YOU AND I ARE BUT JUICE pt III

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, June 28, 2008, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: downspiral on July 03, 2008, 02:51:11 PM

and go back to smoking my joint in peace (and looovvee maaan...) lol

yah cause stitting around smoking a joint is going to solve all your problems you fucking tard
I would actually like to see you try to suvive on you own
:lulz:
oh a forgot your combination of Grizzley Adams, the Green Giant and Nobel Prize winner in Medicine
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

Fact of the matter is I wish most people would croak where they sit. 

A show of hands... who knew it was heading in this direction from the start?

"Wouldn't it be nice if we all returned to nature?  ...Well, not all of us.  We should liquidate the majority of the human race.  Let's start with the Jews!"

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2008, 03:10:36 PM

I had hopes it wasn't, but I had this sinking feeling pretty quickly on.  I should have put money on it, would've made a packet.

Triple Zero

Quote from: downspiral on July 02, 2008, 07:09:44 PM
Quote from: 000how exactly do people in the city benefit from hippies in the wilderness smoking joints naked next to a hot spring playing on their gameboys?

srsly, tell me how, because if i can get someone to pay me for doing that, i don't mind playing tetris for a couple of hours a day

Well, to start off with, did you know that one acre of marijuana puts off as much oxygen as ten acres of rain forest?  No joke.  I think I'd start there, personally.  Hemp is one of the stronges natural fibers, though not readily available to the masses.  Hemp seeds have all but one of the essential amino acids that the human body needs.  And, oh yeah, people are so hard pressed to find alternate fuels so as not to be raped at the gas pump, well, there could be an anwer to that in the equasion as well.

who do you think studies this stuff?

would it be scientists, that work in big concrete buildings called "universities" and "hi tech research facilities", or hippies that sit naked on the edge of a natural hot pool playing their gameboy smoking a joint?

QuoteAnd our happy little city folk keep using up all our natural resources, who do you expect is going to go get their hands dirty trying to replenish the Earth where it's been raped again and again?  The people who think their dinner naturally appears in a baggy in the frozen food section of the supermarket?

well, not the guy in the hot pool.

but probably some of my friends that study environmental sciences, technical planology, industrial chemistry and medicine. fortunately they are not too busy trying to survive in the forest or smoking their brains out playing video games, and they, you know, actually get shit done and research stuff.

Quoteor the others look into alternative healing: acupuncture, herbal remedies, medical intuitives, and a vast variety of other things and often find the root problem and heal themselves. 
Who do you think studies these things?  The vast consumer society just waiting for the latest i-pod to come out, or those "hippies" in the forest trying to reconnect with the earth from whence we came?

acupuncture is being researched by the medical sciences faculty of my university. not by pot-smoking hippies living in the forest, playing videogames.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

All disease can be cured by drinking the blood of Kevin Trudeau
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2008, 03:10:36 PM

"Wouldn't it be nice if we all returned to nature?  ...Well, not all of us.  We should liquidate the majority of the human race.  Let's start with the Jews!"

i was kinda wondering about this when i wrote my reply yeah ..

self-sustaining is a nice idea, it could be pretty utopian (if you'd actually be, you know, smart about it), but the problem is we've currently got close to 7 billion people living on this rock, and the self-sustainingness isnt going to work while there's more than 1 billion crawling around here.

if we want 7 billion (or up to 10bln, in fact) to survive with any amount of comfort on this planet, we're also going to need to be damn smart about it (this is a problem, especially given there's 7 bln idiots around spoiling it), but we're going to need a LOT of technology and infrastructure.

going back to the "old ways", we'd also need to go back to the old population-sizes ..

any ideas?

does it involve saving the dolphins?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

BADGE OF HONOR

Wasn't Bhode the guy who inspired the 50-post rule in the first place?  Cause this is a serious case of history repeating.

PS  :lulz:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

Bhode was the dude that inspired "SAVE THE DOLPHINS TIEM" or some such shit.

TheLastLump

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=188249569&albumID=0&imageID=19842747

I don't know how to embed images in here, so I can only supply this URL. However, this picture is a decent vision of what the future could be... and, perhaps, how it should be.

Nature and Technology, living as one.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Thurnez Isa

second row you will see a bounch of bottons starting with a red/black circle
second botton with be a little painting... click that
you will get this but no code:
[img] [/img]
put your link between the first img and the /img
[img] link [/img]

Dante

Skid Rat Son of Inkblot

What we're all calling the primitive life would only be horrible by our own modern standards. The things that's in our way, as it always has been and probably always will be, is our total excess of awareness.

I mean, take a baby. Kid's happy enough doing pretty much anything, because he hasn't accumulated what you'd call, I don't know, 'higher experiences.' Loves eating, sleeping, dicking around. But of course as it gets older, it starts to see more, encounter more. It understands the other kids have things that it doesn't. It starts to get a sense of time, the power of mental reflection. Before you know it, it's an adult wishing it could be stupid again.

So suppose you didn't flee to the woods, but were part of the first generation born there. If the hand was played right, and you never even knew about the cities and the bigwigs and the capitalist pigs (man), how unhappy would you really be? If licking bugs off of a tree trunk was the apogee, in your realm of experiences, then it'll never take more than that to bring you fulfillment.

You know what, this whole argument's totally bunk, on account of that annoying ambitious spark inside of all humans, that willingness to live beyond current means. Fucking HU-MANS, man
!!!!!

Honey

People are social animals?  hmmm  & evolution has saddled us with some pretty big brains.  Evolution as a tool?  The brain a tool?  hmmm.  These things make sense to me.  Not sure about the part about returning to the forest tho?

I'm just visiting here.  I've gotten pretty comfortable with uncertainty.  I think I Love uncertainty.  It's a useful tool.  Every day I see new things.  & yeah well some of the things might be the same things I saw yesterday but it looks different to me today.  In the light of a new day.  I also like to think about Time.  As a tool.

Sometimes, I notice what I like to call trends.  Things that seem to show up everyday, usually at the end of the day.  Some of those trends:

This place is pretty fucked up.
Is anyone alive in here?
How can I entertain myself?
What kind of experiments can I try?

Thinking about these things keeps me busy, busy, busy!  (Used to practice Bokononism & sometimes still do)

Another thing I observe, usually on a daily basis, is that I happen to like things of Nature.  Seeing Beauty there.  Looking at things closely.  Being out in it when the Weather is extreme.  The Ocean.  That kind of thing.

Not a huge fan of returning to the forest tho.  I like urban life.  I've also observed (living in US) that many of the worst sewers of stinking stagnation are in the places most isolated from urbanity (not sure if I'm using the right word here).  I mean, lookit the Amish enclaves?  & what about those hellholes of Xian fundamentalism?  That kind of thinking doesn't seem to lend itself to cities.

I've passed through places like these (stinking sewers of stagnation in the US) & I don't see anything coming from there!  The 1 thing I've noticed is that Peoples want OUT of those kind of places.  bbbrrr shudder bbbrrr  These kinds of places seem to be self-perpetuating not self-sustaining.   

I haven't spent all that much time in Internet communities either.  Mostly passing through.  I have noticed though, if you are inclined to do so, you can create mind-numbing communities on the Internet as well.  It might be easier to escape from those types of thought ghettos than from the geographical ones.  I really hope so.

Anyway, hope I haven't solipsised too much here or gotten off into my own tangential way of thinking as to distract from what's been said here.  I'm new here & I really like what I've seen so far.  I especially appreciated the Black Iron Prison.  Thanks.  Respect.   :)

Honey

Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Triple Zero

interesting thoughts, Honey. Thanks!

(i'd come up with a proper reply but my brain's a bit preoccupied with other things)

Thurnez Isa

out of curiosity
does anyone know if there is a genesis to this idea that it is in fact the development of society that is the cause of evil and if we retreated back to living like primates in the wilderness everything would return back to its natural happy state
i remember a few hippies peddling it back in high school and a few on the interweb since then...
did it just kind of morph into existance? or was there a root?

Dante

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 04, 2008, 03:33:45 PM
out of curiosity
does anyone know if there is a genesis to this idea that it is in fact the development of society that is the cause of evil and if we retreated back to living like primates in the wilderness everything would return back to its natural happy state
i remember a few hippies peddling it back in high school and a few on the interweb since then...
did it just kind of morph into existance? or was there a root?

That would be the Garden of Eden creation myth.  Blame the j00s!
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.