News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

In Defense of Chaos

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, January 05, 2004, 01:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

if the lights on, then i must have something over my eyes.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Prismatic Vroomfondelif the lights on, then i must have something over my eyes.

nope. first plug them in.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bella

Quote from: St HughThe game is up! Energy is matter, silly.
I've been reading a book on youthening recently and the author (Deepak Chopra) says almost exactly the same thing. Energy is matter and matter is energy. Hence, each of us is a vessel of energy, transformation and intelligence. I'm loving this book so far. The author also says:

"At the level of quantum reality, the universe is not made up of things. It is comprised of oscillating fields of energy. The quantum domain is spontaneous. It is inherently unpredictable, resisting all efforts to define it precisely. In the quantum domain, everything is interrelated. Any perturbation in the field influences everything else in the field.

The quantum realm has unlimited energy, unlimited unpredictability, and unlimited interconnectedness. Another way of saying this is that the quantum realm is enthusiastic, spontaneous, and fluid. These are the qualities of the cosmic mind that every moment gives rise to a fresh universe. These are the qualities of a youthful mind that every moment gives rise to a new body."
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

fluffy

quantum reality is full of shit. no. seriously.

phhfffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella

Quote from: fluffyquantum reality is full of shit. no. seriously.

phhfffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe in your version of the universe it is........but not in mine.  :wink:
just like in a dream

fluffy

my version of the universe has got delicious munchy carrots in it

your version just has mooshie vibrating strings and what all

Bella

Quote from: fluffymy version of the universe has got delicious munchy carrots in it

My version has mooshie vibrating strings and munchy carrots......and no wrinkles for Bella.

I win.
just like in a dream

Rupert Giles

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: fluffymy version of the universe has got delicious munchy carrots in it

My version has mooshie vibrating strings and munchy carrots......and no wrinkles for Bella.

I win.

You just made Madeleine L'Engle cry.

LMNO

I believe it was Orson Card who said "any sufficiently advanced science will be viewed as magic."

On a more nazi-ish side note, doesn't anyone write in E-Prime anymore?

It seems your Erisian coments tend to ossify when you use the Aristoitlean "is of identity".  Your apparently glorious ode to chaos, in my opinion, becomes as dogmatic as what you claim to oppose.

I guess you'll have to start calling me the E-Prime nazi.

Not Nurbldoff

Personally, I believe Arthur C Clarke said that.

And I agree, E-Prime seems like a good idea! Anyone else here who's read "Science and Sanity" by Korzybski?
Don't you have good garbage?

LMNO

Ah, yes, Clark.

::Bows to the biblophile::

I no longer believe it was Card who wrote that.