News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

You built the future Roger and it is a flawless sapphire the size of your head that will flay the flesh to the bone of the fool who touches it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

Cool Dok. I see now that you're just sad and a bit upset, not rattled by a fallen star like I thought. In the end I have little doubt that somehow you will ultimately benefit and help bring on The Future.

Been working all day and am wiped. Totally into the Harry Potter Methods of Rationality fic! Gonna read up some here though. I have yet to break the chain!

The management post I was looking into has really bad problems not unlike some of the work crimes ranted upon earlier ITT. Nothing I couldn't handle I think. Deets another day when I'm SURE of some things. Extracting recommendation letters from my own manager and supervisor was amusing. There's no small amount of mutual respect among the three of us, but I do not think that they quite ever expected me to call in my bets and cash my chips.

Best part is the worst thing that can happen is the owner says no, and I keep on my job 2 recommendation to management letters richer!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pæs

Gave presentation tonight about somewhat complex computery topic. Have given it once before but tonight's audience really knew their shit so it was more important to not be full of it.

Went well.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2015, 03:18:55 AM
The bodies are starting to pile up, LMNO.  This time last year, we were dysfunctional as hell, but we got shit done.

Get going, while the getting is good.  You don't need to be the one playing fiddle while the Titanic takes another run at the iceberg.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on March 05, 2015, 06:41:51 AM
Gave presentation tonight about somewhat complex computery topic. Have given it once before but tonight's audience really knew their shit so it was more important to not be full of it.

Went well.
Congrats.
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2015, 12:05:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2015, 03:18:55 AM
The bodies are starting to pile up, LMNO.  This time last year, we were dysfunctional as hell, but we got shit done.

Get going, while the getting is good.  You don't need to be the one playing fiddle while the Titanic takes another run at the iceberg.
That's a good point.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2015, 03:11:07 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 05, 2015, 03:02:11 AM
Acted human.

Yeah, I know.   :sad:

It's still like he just shat all over the future.  I've decided to hang on for 6 weeks, in order to get my revenge (Lillie has a history of this, I have discovered, and I hate her and I don't feel like being fair), and to see if the new boss we get is going to cut the mustard.  If there's no light at the end of the tunnel by then, I bail.

Maybe the new boss will be better than you anticipate.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So my internet at home has shit the bed.

Complication: My ex is still paying for it. We have talked about this several times and he is convinced that he isn't, but HE IS.

I guess when you make that kind of money a little thing like accidentally paying your ex-wife's utilities for seven years is no biggie. However, the problem is that I can't GET THIS FIXED without him unless I tell Comcast that I'm moving to my house and need new service, in which case in a week and a half they will come out and charge me $50 to "hook up my service".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

experimenting with pure data patches for music. is fun. can't be bothered to capitalise letters.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 05, 2015, 10:37:04 PM
So my internet at home has shit the bed.

Complication: My ex is still paying for it. We have talked about this several times and he is convinced that he isn't, but HE IS.

I guess when you make that kind of money a little thing like accidentally paying your ex-wife's utilities for seven years is no biggie. However, the problem is that I can't GET THIS FIXED without him unless I tell Comcast that I'm moving to my house and need new service, in which case in a week and a half they will come out and charge me $50 to "hook up my service".

It's early in the month. Perhaps he has detected it and canceled. It would be necessary to call the company, or your ex, to find out. Sorry to hear Nigel.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

At my job, math and physics are not a thing.

If a compressor is drawing the right number of amps and is at pressure, it is delivering its rated SCFM (flow).  Period.  BUT NOT HERE.

Flailing away at jet mill problems, Lillie has decided she is the troubleshooting queen and that Mike and I are technicians.

:lulz:

I had a suggestion on how to get out of this mess.  I tried to bring it up.  I was told I didn't know shit.

FINE!   :lulz:  I DON'T KNOW SHIT!   :lulz:

YEW JUS' TELL ME WHAT TO DO, LADY, CUZ I DON'T GIVE NO MORE FUCKS.
\
:mullet:
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 06, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
If a compressor is drawing the right number of amps and is at pressure, it is delivering its rated SCFM (flow).  Period.  BUT NOT HERE.
Flow too high or too low?

Flow too low -> Flow is being redirected into the REAL tuscon, the one only visible in nightmares and from the corner of your eye

Flow too high -> you are getting more out of a closed system then you put in. You can get away with it for now, but one day They will come and they will be looking for payment.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Well, on the plus side she has decided to take the responsibility for when it all goes wrong.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on March 06, 2015, 03:24:13 PM
Well, on the plus side she has decided to take the responsibility for when it all goes wrong.

I'm impressed you managed to say that without a hint of sarcasm.

Cain

:thanks:

In other news, tonight's my first night back at work since...the earlier events described.  I've not been checking my emails because...basically, I have better things to do in my time off than think about work.  But I suppose I should brace myself.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 06, 2015, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 06, 2015, 03:24:13 PM

I'm impressed you managed to say that without a hint of sarcasm.

:lulz:

Here's the thing.  I don't CARE.

In any case, update:  We have proven by running 2 out of 3 compressors in all 3 possible modes, that we are making enough air.  To do so, we had to shut the lab and part of production down.

Lillie then decided she wants to try running product in all 3 modes, even though we have ruled the compressors out.

Physics < Lillie's desperation and ignorance.  Remember, this was the lady that once asked me if we could run more equipment than we had amps for, if we only did it for 12 hours, and who told me I was being "difficult" when I told her that wasn't possible.

Molon Lube