News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

RIP The Discordian Network: The Highlights

Started by LHX, December 03, 2006, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

great

that makes everything all better

"our incompetence is somebody elses fault"

FAIL and LAIL
neat hell

AFK

I actually set up a new forum just for laughs, called "I Hate Attheforum."  And they are correct, so far no crashes, however you can't swing a bat without hitting at least a dozen spammers.  LAIL and FAIL indeed. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

AFK

Quote from: LHX on December 03, 2006, 07:31:18 PM
August 2006: In the wake of the PD.com forum crash, and riding the strength of the PD06 exploration, The Discordian Network forum developed.

Originally a forum that RWHN had registered and was toying with, it developed into the center for the discussion aimed at fleshing out the philosophies presented in and related to PD, as well as compiling new Discordian material to be broadcast or distributed.

It was kept free of nonsense for the most part, and though it had been predominantly quiet in the weeks before it died, it had developed into a useful resource.

The highlights from the TDN forum:

- The general continuation of PD06 matters that were started in this forum
- this includes BIP affairs
- A renewal of SSOOKN investigation and development and a inventory of related writings
- Further probes into linguistics and the nature of communication
- Recent discussions regarding the nature of technology and robotics

Maybe this latest forum crash can serve as opportunity to take a look at where we are at now after that surge from April/May to August.

Opportunity to gather some stuff together and see where the 'We' stands at this point, as a vague collective in the process of doing a vague something.

Comedy
Philosophy
Spirituality
Technology
Bar Stools
Symbolism

PD07 and so on

a reminder that:
Inspiration (still) Requires Original Notions

add on

Historical Quote Bump

The Good Reverend Roger

"It was kept free of nonsense for the most part"

:lulz:

I wonder why it puked and died?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Can't go having any nonsense on a Discordian network. It might lead to strife.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 08, 2013, 03:59:53 AM
"It was kept free of nonsense for the most part"

:lulz:

I wonder why it puked and died?

Server crash.  And then this sub-forum was born.