News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 06, 2012, 06:32:07 PM
wtf kind of name is 'True the Vote'?

also, are they claiming that their constituency is the sort that would stand in line for hours to vote, only to be successfully bribed by a bottle of water?

Yes.  Yes, they are.  But not just a bottle of water, a bottle of water, and a CHAIR!

How DARE people try to make it livable when the GoP worked so hard to make 7 hour lines?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Florida is a fucking mess. My sister isn't being allowed to leave work early to vote so she has enough time between both jobs unless she shows her boss a picture of her ballot. I told her that's super illegal and to call the board of elections immediately.

My mom is working a precinct again, and since Voldemort cut back on polling places, her precinct is supporting 3 districts between 2 cities. 3 different ballots that she has to regulate. The line is about 2 hours long, and people are leaving.

...Rhode Island was easy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CAKE on November 06, 2012, 04:52:37 PM
It being Oregon, most everyone I know already voted a week or so ago, and it's been a favorite sport of my fellow Portlanders to say to a near-stranger during casual conversation, "so, vote for Romney?" just for the indignant response.

Here at work, I am the ONLY member of the management team voting for Obama.

These asstards still think the financial crisis was brought on by people on foodstamps.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Real men don't drink alcohol or caffeine for election night.

LSD and DMT all the way.  If the fucking machine elves can't make the process less tedious, nothing will.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2012, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 06, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
Dammit. Sorry, Roger. For future reference, which photo sites can you see?

I can see it on PD's site, and there's one or two others.  But most image hosting sites are blocked for me.

I've found that if you post the pic on Google+ and then copy the url from the "properties" of the pic, it goes around the nannywall.

As so:

LMNO

Also, I'm gonna go home and vote now.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Cable's still out :sad: No TV or Internet coverage of the madness at home for me.

Cain

Breaking news!  The United States has elected a technocratic, out of touch multi-millonaire warmonger as President.  More news at 11.

Cain

Are you all prepared for the motherfucking fury of FANTASTIC LATE POLLING DATA?

I sure as fuck am!
\

Sita

Quote from: Suu on November 06, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
Florida is a fucking mess. My sister isn't being allowed to leave work early to vote so she has enough time between both jobs unless she shows her boss a picture of her ballot. I told her that's super illegal and to call the board of elections immediately.

My mom is working a precinct again, and since Voldemort cut back on polling places, her precinct is supporting 3 districts between 2 cities. 3 different ballots that she has to regulate. The line is about 2 hours long, and people are leaving.

That explains the stupid long line we had this morning. And we were there when they opened the doors, which usually has us in and out quick.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Luna

Quote from: Sita on November 06, 2012, 09:56:58 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 06, 2012, 06:40:17 PM

That explains the stupid long line we had this morning. And we were there when they opened the doors, which usually has us in and out quick.

It seems that some states, particularly swing states with Republican governors, have deliberately made things more difficult, and have done things to FUBAR the lines.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

Guy's doin' it wrong; I usually inject into my testicles.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Richter

"American means rights squirrel tossers."  - statement of Truth given to exit pollster / hipsters
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat