News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Im out of brown sugar

Started by Thurnez Isa, June 28, 2008, 02:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

what else is there that i could put on top of oatmeal that tastes good
and ain't milk
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Dysnomia

nothing because oatmeal is teh fail.  :vom:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Dr. Paes

Yeah, honey or some other syrupy thing.
GET MOAR BROWN SUGAR!

Richter

Whiskey
Drambuie
Barenjager

...and cream.  It's called brose, and is a traditional Scottish dish. 
I've started a bad ol' day or 3 with it, and it is most fortifying.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Dysnomia on June 29, 2008, 02:21:30 AM
nothing because oatmeal is teh fail.  :vom:

Try steel-cut oats.  Yummy and you have to cook it for an hour to make it approach the nasty mushiness of rolled oatmeal.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love steel-cut oats! I also am fond of old-fashioned rolled oats; the key is adding the oats to boiling water, turning it to a simmer and letting it cook, covered, without stirring, and not overcooking it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

not stirring?  how do you keep it from sticking to the pot?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

whenever I cook any kind of starch (pasta, rice, oatmeal) i can't leave the lid on because it'll foam up like a motherfucker

I'm so confused

Richter

I never cover pasta or oatmeal because of this, so I'm no help there.

For rice, just lower the heat or crack the lid off to the side a bit.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

rong

maple syrup is good on oatmeal
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 28, 2008, 02:07:45 PM
what else is there that i could put on top of oatmeal that tastes good
and ain't milk

Blood of your enemies

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ