News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

EvangeliGASM

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 16, 2010, 07:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe something like "Read the Principia Discordia online FREE at principiadiscordia.com". Or maybe something that forces them to google it.

Like "Looking for questions? Try Discordianism."

"Discordia; we don't pretend to have answers."

"Hail Eris; All Hail Discordia."

My experience has been that when people are presented with a strange and mysterious card, they tend to carry it around and show it to their friends. Putting the URL on it might strip it of mystery and reduce that effect.

Anything that says "you just got Cram'd" will lead Googlers here. "We don't get it either" is my favorite one, though, and there's nothing on it that would lead a Googler here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

I like that, it'd bring in more curious types.

"Looking for questions? Try Discordianism."
This one, I think, would go best with that card.

ETA: I added the apple because I realized that nothing about the card directly led to discordianism without it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I STILL have cards in my wallet that don't make any sense. "Husky or Maltese Whatever" is my favorite (turns out to be a restaurant on Powell. Really.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/husky-or-maltese-whatever-portland check out those reviews!)

with my second favorite being just a white card with the name "Maurice." on it in red. It is the calling card of a friend of a friend.

"Maurice." Tiny red print, dead center. Brilliant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 23, 2010, 12:31:34 AM
I like that, it'd bring in more curious types.

"Looking for questions? Try Discordianism."
This one, I think, would go best with that card.

ETA: I added the apple because I realized that nothing about the card directly led to discordianism without it.

Do you have that image in a larger size? I think I actually want to order some cards.

Salty

The image of EoC alone?

ETA: Eh, no that's the only one. I can whip another bigger one if you'd like. How big? With text?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 23, 2010, 12:50:29 AM
The image of EoC alone?

ETA: Eh, no that's the only one. I can whip another bigger one if you'd like. How big? With text?

Exactly like the one you made, Applek and everything, but about 1600 pixels tall? I can make it smaller, but making it bigger leads to fuzziness and pixellation. I can put my own text on the back of the card.

Salty

Okay 1600 tall. Width the same?

NotPublished

Hey these are cool!! I think anything that adds to the mystery. Even something that is common and has more reference to the Principia, like golden apple, or Hail Eris, Hail Discordia.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to link them directly to the Principia, only those who search get to find it through Ye Olde Google

Quote from: Alty on February 22, 2010, 08:47:57 PM

I like :D
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Salty

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 23, 2010, 01:34:41 AM
Quote from: Alty on February 23, 2010, 12:50:29 AM
The image of EoC alone?

Exactly like the one you made, Applek and everything, but about 1600 pixels tall? I can make it smaller, but making it bigger leads to fuzziness and pixellation. I can put my own text on the back of the card.

Eh..I'm winging it with teh photoshop. Inches would be preferable. Or very specific pixel parameters.

Never mind I think I can get it.

Salty

Quote from: NotPublished on February 23, 2010, 01:44:19 AM
Hey these are cool!! I think anything that adds to the mystery. Even something that is common and has more reference to the Principia, like golden apple, or Hail Eris, Hail Discordia.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to link them directly to the Principia, only those who search get to find it through Ye Olde Google

Quote from: Alty on February 22, 2010, 08:47:57 PM

I like :D
:)

Salty

Okay, here's a larger version, double standard business card size.
I'll just do these at this size from now on.

I wanna add, I laughed my ASS OFF making this one.

The proportions are off from the original, but I'm terrible at details like that.

CAN'T BE BOTHERED.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 23, 2010, 01:38:10 AM
Okay 1600 tall. Width the same?

OK, Vistaprint is a real bugger about hiding this info! They specify 3.54" x 2.05", or 1062 x 615 pixels. It can be larger as long as the proportions remain the same.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 23, 2010, 01:54:52 AM
Okay, here's a larger version, double standard business card size.
I'll just do these at this size from now on.

I wanna add, I laughed my ASS OFF making this one.

The proportions are off from the original, but I'm terrible at details like that.

CAN'T BE BOTHERED.

LOVE!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Small problem. The image is still too small for printing; it needs to be at least 300 dpi to print clearly at business-card size. I hate to be a bother, but I really love this image and I'll totally send you some cards when they get here, if you can make it even bigger. :) Oh, and with a little more space above the text so it doesn't get cropped off?

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.