News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I'm working on the Colbertgasm wiki page. Here's what I need your help with:

• I need to find videos or references to the explicit Discordian references on the Colbert Report
  • We need to pick a date to flood them with letters. This project will not achieve its intended effect unless we hit them with zillions of letters in a short amount of time. I'm suggesting (off the top of my head) February 17th - 23rd
  • We need Jon and Steven's contact information. This might be found on colboard.com or comedycentral.com. A phone call to their HQ might reveal something too.
  • Colbert's Writers - since they have nothing better to do - have been having an awesome time pranking the public. Youtube has some videos of this - there may be explicit news elsewhere. Can anyone dig up some links for me? I can't access youtube at werk.

Can anyone help with these?

Cramulus

We could also use some Illuminati letterhead, if anyone can dig it out of the Principia.

B_M_W

This is an awesome idea.

Lets do it! Hell, if you give me the references, I'll send a letter or two!
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

I'm working on the Colbertgasm wiki page. Here's what I need your help with:

• I need to find videos or references to the explicit Discordian references on the Colbert Report
  • We need to pick a date to flood them with letters. This project will not achieve its intended effect unless we hit them with zillions of letters in a short amount of time. I'm suggesting (off the top of my head) February 17th - 23rd
  • We need Jon and Steven's contact information. This might be found on colboard.com or comedycentral.com. A phone call to their HQ might reveal something too.
  • Colbert's Writers - since they have nothing better to do - have been having an awesome time pranking the public. Youtube has some videos of this - there may be explicit news elsewhere. Can anyone dig up some links for me? I can't access youtube at werk.

Can anyone help with these?

DAMN you make that look better than I did!!

I did find the link to the Illuminati video (I think it was in the Wiki entry I wrote), buit I can't find the Golden Apple one in their archives. IIRC it was called "Advice to the Gods" and showed up around July 26th or so.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

Maybe we should suggest a date when they should say these codes? I don't catch their shows every night, but if we all say to make a reference on MARCH FIFTH (walpurgisnaught!) (sp?) we can watch that show with high scrutiny.

also necessary: HELP NEEDED:

more sample letters for people to send. We need to get the wiki set up to A+ leve so that we can begin distributing the hell out of it. We really only have a week to contact EVERY DISCORDIAN IN EXISTENCE.

Here's a suggested outline for these things:

Letters to Colbert:

-Greet Him
-Identify which sect of the Illuminati you're from (make one up, but make it sound important)
-Offer him an opportunity to join.
-In order to prove his dedication, he must find some way to say ____ on the air
-Close with a quote in latin, secret code, or some mumbo-jumbo

Letters to Stewart:

-Greet Him
-Identify which sect of Discordia you're from (make one up, but make it sound like it's a lot of people)
-Close with a joke or a quote from the Principia

You don't have to get too longwinded or fancy-grabass. It doesn't even have to be funny. The trick here is quantity, not quality!

I don't expect our recruits will have enough 'Think For Yourself' juice to come up with these on their own. So we'll need to provide as many letters as possible.

We do need your help, as I'm swamped at work and also doing like four OMGASM projects at once.  :fnord:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 29, 2008, 04:59:28 PM
Maybe we should suggest a date when they should say these codes? I don't catch their shows every night, but if we all say to make a reference on MARCH FIFTH (walpurgisnaught!) (sp?) we can watch that show with high scrutiny.

also necessary: HELP NEEDED:

more sample letters for people to send. We need to get the wiki set up to A+ leve so that we can begin distributing the hell out of it. We really only have a week to contact EVERY DISCORDIAN IN EXISTENCE.

Here's a suggested outline for these things:

Letters to Colbert:

-Greet Him
-Identify which sect of the Illuminati you're from (make one up, but make it sound important)
-Close with a quote in latin, secret code, or some mumbo-jumbo

Letters to Stewart:

-Greet Him
-Identify which sect of Discordia you're from (make one up, but make it sound like it's a lot of people)
-Close with a joke or a quote from the Principia

You don't have to get too longwinded or fancy-grabass. It doesn't even have to be funny. The trick here is quantity, not quality!

I don't expect our recruits will have enough 'Think For Yourself' juice to come up with these on their own. So we'll need to provide as many letters as possible.

We do need your help, as I'm swamped at work and also doing like four OMGASM projects at once.  :fnord:

I've got letters in various stages of completion from the first discussion about this. I'll clean them up and add them today.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 29, 2008, 04:59:28 PM

As I was updating a letter I double checked and Walpurgisnacht is the night of April 30 to May 1, not March ;-). However, March 5th would be a good date anyway. I'll stick it in the sample letters until we figure out something better.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

A second Colbert letter and a first Stewart letter are now on the Wiki (feel free to edit). More coming as I have time to finish them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is quite exceedingly delightful!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Would Colbert really be able to pull off a whole sentence in Latin on the air, as a sign? Might be a bit too bold...
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

Quote from: st.verbatim on January 30, 2008, 01:01:37 AM
Would Colbert really be able to pull off a whole sentence in Latin on the air, as a sign? Might be a bit too bold...

oh, he doesn't have to say anything in Latin. We just want him to say some obvious Illuminati phrase such as IMMANENTIZE THE ESCHATON or EWIGE BLUMENKRAFT (which he actually said on the air last year) or reference Bavaria or something  like that.

Verbal Mike

I'm referring to the sample letters posted on the wiki. Both propose something in Latin. :)
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Pope Lecherous

Credo quia absurdum

I believe it because it is absurd

Also.... scanning the white house correspondents' dinner speech for "references" to discordia.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I won't have time to do this until Friday or Saturday, but I'll have some by then.

Also, I haven't mailed either Colbert or Stewart a book yet (procrastination FTW), so I can time that accordingly.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

tyrannosaurus vex

lol: my 2 cents attached.

Something in Latin: In Consensio Perfectus -- In Harmony Complete, or "Perfection through Conformity"

[attachment deleted by admin]
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.