News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

A Bunch of Nonsense I Wrote

Started by Lord Daddy Lombrosis, September 23, 2005, 11:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daddy Lombrosis

No, really, it is nothing of any value.  Just some stuff that came out one day.

I went down to the flaben factory to moot the barrels of dodo berries because they are really never made into cheese balls. The bees won't bite you if they know you are friendly. I saw it. I was there, but they didn't know. Why? Only the old miller really knows. He was seen in the company of the rabid squirrel monkey, who is known to fly gingerly across the moonscape on the fourth of July. That's when the craters have the most juice in them. This is caused by the rampant growth in the region of Norway, which is cased by robots who crush cars with their big stomping feet. The feet are mostly robotic but can be inclined to taking long walks through the marshmallow fields of Neptune, where the grains fall out of noses with wings that come out of holes in tree trunks in the forests of azure. Azure is the color of peace, because peace is represented by a boring blue flag raised above the river of spears, which can be seen from a distance unknown to the gorillas in the boats. Boats keep the water from touching you, because the alligators live there and if it touches you they will know it and you will never be safe, because there aren't any headphones in the swamps of doom and despair. ODIN!

Helo. I am Lomb.

Operational Directives:
1) Infiltrate, convert and reedify.
2) Take control of all power sources.
3) The golden egg was never a real rumor. It was spread like butter on toast by a giant mechanical arm that unfolded out of the sky one day. Its value was greatly overeducated, and the crispy notes of corn that it emblazoned on its vestament of turbocharged eyeball washing creatures were nowhere to be seen. At the stroke of midnight a great fire was lit, and the natives danced around it wearing various hats and masks which represented the hopes and fears of generously allocated donkey trainers. The great quickening of the Valkyries imprisoned a green ball of enjoyable cartoonish flamethrowers. There wasn't enough time to make proper use of the flapjacks because the rockets made them explode into bloody chunks of pancake flesh. Earth wasn't much of a thing to be enjoyed for those who seek to cultivate new plots about the disestablishmentarianists who they saw one night at the bar. The remaining kissers of tiny flowers this time decided not to stand but to take their crying on the move, and of course they ended up in the land of the ice and snow. Gastrointestinal charts began to fade in and out, and the flies all went up into the atmosphere, causing many different types of animals to have to grow wings to catch their newly airborne prey. There was once a great uproar about the pieces of cloth which people put on themselves, but eventually we got over that.
4) Seek out figures of authority and unseat them.
5) Destroy all likenesses of pineapples and convert them to fuel.

Closing Scripting:
There have been flaws detected in the system. Do not trust the visual interface, as it may be corrupted.
-><-
Yeni istifadəçimizə: "Discordian, xoş gəldin!"-deyək!

The Good Reverend Roger

Wow.  You know how to waste time, don't you?

All that typing, and nobody cares.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

agent compassion

You know what?

Fuck this noise.

AC,
remembers when this board wasn't a 'Who can be the biggest wanker' competition.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: agent compassionYou know what?

Fuck this noise.

AC,

The board isn't as small as it once was.  As boards get larger, shit like this happens.

By the way, who were you talking about?

TGRR,
Knows something that might explain all this.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ataraxia

Even I can remember that. I think "yesterday" was good enough.
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxiaEven I can remember that. I think "yesterday" was good enough.

Naw.  Once upon a time, back in the era known as "2003", this board was a collection of friends, not factions.

ataraxia

We have factions? I thought it was just a grand melee.

Honestly, with this many people here... If we were all nice, some wanker would complain that the place wasn't "Discordian" enough.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: agent compassionYou know what?

Fuck this noise.

AC,

i agree. mal the unoriginal is good fun, otherwise, it's getting to be a habit.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxiaWe have factions? I thought it was just a grand melee.

Honestly, with this many people here... If we were all nice, some wanker would complain that the place wasn't "Discordian" enough.

Stick around, n00b.  It's worse than you think.

agent compassion

I've seen big boards before, bigger than this, and it isn't a guarantee of idiocy.

Why do people immediately turn to bashing and verbal diarrhea when they've got nothing to contribute? Why not just STFU until you have something to contribute?

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

ataraxia

I know what you mean. I had this account for a week or so before venturing to post anything. And I try not to post just for no good reason, unless I actually think it will be funny.

Big boards do seem to be bipolar, though. As in, it's only a matter of time before the next big boom and flounce. Then things just improve all by themselves.

Really big boards always seem to just totally suck, though, from what I've seen. I've several times been a regular on rec.arts.sf.written, and I've got a 5-digit slashdot ID. Both of these just go to prove the old adage that age does not imply maturity.

Waiting for someone to accuse me of Smugge superiority for writing this post.

LHX

i love this place

its as comfortable as an overcrowded subway train that got stuck on a humid day
and all the passengers know they will get fresh air eventually

just not right now

and we have been stuck long enough that we have started talking to one another

united in the fact that the train is a piece of shit
but
we are really getting sick of one another

and we notice even our own clothes are starting to stink

yeah
this is great
neat hell

BADGE OF HONOR

I like you, LHX.  You're ignorant, but at least you acknowledge it, which is cool.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

agent compassion

I'm just sick of smelling the same people's farts over and over again. We have no variety in our diet.

LHX

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodI like you, LHX.  You're ignorant, but at least you acknowledge it, which is cool.

i got tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns more ignorance where that came from

i should be able to keep you preoccupied until at least somewhere around december 2012
neat hell