News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

ATTN PD.COM: I'm losing it

Started by Cait M. R., December 08, 2009, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

No, that was me.  I was fucking around with Suu's deathray.

Boy, is SHE pissed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

The word "orgone" being mentioned ITT, in 5... 4... 3... 2...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Dysnomia

SHHHHHHH!

Did you hear that?  I heard what sounded like feet shuffling down there....

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I have no problem with unexplained phenomena. The problem I have is when idiots deal with unexplained phenomena based on pop culture.

There was a scare tactics where the living undead appeared. The dumb victim was freaking out and saying things like "Did it bite you?" "Did it get blood on you?" as though Hollywood was the correct place to base your zombie info off of.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Hoopla on December 09, 2009, 07:44:20 PM
The word "orgone" being mentioned ITT, in 5... 4... 3... 2...
Orgone? Is that some new photoshopping program?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

hooplala

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 09, 2009, 08:12:14 PM
I have no problem with unexplained phenomena. The problem I have is when idiots deal with unexplained phenomena based on pop culture.

There was a scare tactics where the living undead appeared. The dumb victim was freaking out and saying things like "Did it bite you?" "Did it get blood on you?" as though Hollywood was the correct place to base your zombie info off of.

Say WHAT?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

That took me a couple of read-throughs, as well.

I think there's a show called "Scare Tactics", which is kind of like a Candid Camera, only you scare the fuck out of the victim.

Elder Iptuous

If something appeared out of a hollywood flick, like a zombie, what the hell else are you supposed to base your initial reactions on?
would you make no assumptions and go shake the zombies hand?  :?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on December 09, 2009, 08:19:30 PM

Say WHAT?

Scare Tactics... wherein people are put into insanely halloweenish situations without their knowledge as a prank.

http://www.syfy.com/scaretactics/

LMNO is correct and my semantics were FAIL.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Iptuous on December 09, 2009, 08:24:38 PM

If something appeared out of a hollywood flick, like a zombie, what the hell else are you supposed to base your initial reactions on?
would you make no assumptions and go shake the zombies hand?  :?

That is exactly the conversation Sjaantze and I had afterward.

I would like to think that some rational part of my brain would say "Uhh... No",  but I don't know and I guess I wouldn't know till I was involved.

There was another where someone was trapped with their new Boss, which ended up being a Vampire. So I thought about that...

You're alone in a room with a vampire. How do you react? Do you scream in terror and run like any normal prey? Do you try to make a cross with your fingers?

I decided that if such a situation ever happened, I would HOPE that my response would be to ask the Vampire to explain himself before he ate me. At least then I would know something more about the world before I died, and I wouldn't go out crumpled in a corner screaming....

But of course, I may scream like a little girl and desperately try to run...

Cain

I'd break a leg chair off and stab him in the chest with it.

This is why my friends never recommend me for practical joke programs.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2009, 08:34:53 PM
I'd break a leg chair off and stab him in the chest with it.

This is why my friends never recommend me for practical joke programs.

I think that would be the entire reason to recommed you for practical joke programs.

Personally, I think I'd burst out laughing.