News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, I have my hard hat.

Carry on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

E.O.T.

THE WOMENZ!!

they eat people for breakfast!!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And, what Texas Fairies said.

Bottom line, my respect for RWHN was greatly diminished when he insinuated that my friend's education was sub-par and that she was "misinformed" instead of answering the question. It was eroded further when he implied that he had an MPH but then danced around and evaded the question when asked directly what his degree is in. When he replied to direct questions, accompanied with citations, with "I DON'T LIKE YOU DON'T TALK TO ME", the last iota of respect and consideration I had for him slipped away. As far as I am concerned, he's nothing more than a parasite feeding off the hairy ass-end of the government. You want me to "respect" him? You have the gall to tell me that my lack of respect is "unbecoming"?

Are you fucking kidding me? Listen to how that sounds. Just listen to your fucking self, for a second. You sound like a complete and utter ass.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 13, 2012, 04:05:22 PM
i'd just like to go on record saying that i agree with LMNOs post.  I may not agree with RWHN on the drug issues, but i respect him, and feel that the vitriol is unbecoming.

ON a more interesting note....
Is anyone knowledgeable on work done formally mapping common debates?

A quick google of 'debate map' gave a link to debategraph.org which is kinda neat on a cursory examination...
it seems that if there were central debate maps maintained, it would avoid rehashing points ad nauseum that have been put to rest.

Instead of starting each debate with basic premise and following well worn paths (that often lead to cul-de-sacs of stupid), you could start the conversation with a reference to the map and a claim that you offer an undocumented supporting argument to position #3721 (or whatever)
If someone brings up a point that has been covered, you simply have to point out where, and the arguments surrounding it could be seen in full at their disposal.  if they have something new to add, they can bring that up legitimately without having to trudge through the intermediate steps that simply make people upset and resistant before getting to new territory.

"Unbecoming"?  :lulz:

As, in, such uppityness is unbecoming for a lady?

Sorry, I'll get back in the kitchen now, massah.

NIGEL THAT WASN'T VERY LADYLIKE  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

By the way, Papa Ippy-ookums, you want to make a debate map, go right ahead. No one's going to stop you.

Or maybe you meant one of us girls should do it, tee-hee! 'Cause you probably have important man stuff to do, and we're just sitting around being unbecoming and disrespectful.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 13, 2012, 04:05:22 PM
i'd just like to go on record saying that i agree with LMNOs post.  I may not agree with RWHN on the drug issues, but i respect him, and feel that the vitriol is unbecoming.

ON a more interesting note....
Is anyone knowledgeable on work done formally mapping common debates?

A quick google of 'debate map' gave a link to debategraph.org which is kinda neat on a cursory examination...
it seems that if there were central debate maps maintained, it would avoid rehashing points ad nauseum that have been put to rest.

Instead of starting each debate with basic premise and following well worn paths (that often lead to cul-de-sacs of stupid), you could start the conversation with a reference to the map and a claim that you offer an undocumented supporting argument to position #3721 (or whatever)
If someone brings up a point that has been covered, you simply have to point out where, and the arguments surrounding it could be seen in full at their disposal.  if they have something new to add, they can bring that up legitimately without having to trudge through the intermediate steps that simply make people upset and resistant before getting to new territory.

"Unbecoming"?  :lulz:

As, in, such uppityness is unbecoming for a lady?

Sorry, I'll get back in the kitchen now, massah.

NIGEL THAT WASN'T VERY LADYLIKE  :lulz:

Oopsie!  :oops: What was I thinking? BRB I need to put on a longer skirt that covers my obscene ankles, I just realized that I'm dressed like a harlot and it's completely unbecoming.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 05:13:55 PM
By the way, Papa Ippy-ookums, you want to make a debate map, go right ahead. No one's going to stop you.

Or maybe you meant one of us girls should do it, tee-hee! 'Cause you probably have important man stuff to do, and we're just sitting around being unbecoming and disrespectful.

But it looks hard! Girls aren't supposed to be all intellectual.

Does anyone here want some Rice Krispie treats?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 05:17:24 PM

Oooh, my favorite! I hope they have chocolate chips, because, you know, girls like chocolate.

Let's go pop some Valium, make a pot roast, and talk about curtains and how icky we think blowjobs are. You know, lady stuff.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 13, 2012, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 13, 2012, 05:17:24 PM

Oooh, my favorite! I hope they have chocolate chips, because, you know, girls like chocolate.

Let's go pop some Valium, make a pot roast, and talk about curtains and how icky we think blowjobs are. You know, lady stuff.

I think feel that would be fun!

Elder Iptuous

excuse me?
i wasn't aware that 'unbecoming' had misogynistic undertones. (as you seem to associate it with 'unlady like')
or that it had racist undertones (as you refered to me as 'massah')

but if that's how you're going to take that word, i'll settle for using in it's place 'unwarranted' 'pointless' or 'ugly'.
furthermore, there's plenty of vitriol coming from plenty of quarters. if you want to accept my assessment of it all on yourself, that's on you, but that wasn't the intent.

i realize this is a passionate topic and that i should tread lightly to avoid being sucked into drama. i simply felt compelled for vague reasons to state my respect for RWHN, and that i feel he's being heaped on excessively.
If i can't do that without being seen, for some reason, as a misogynistic, racist, unreasonable person, then i'll just step out and give wide berth to all.

I would also like to point out that i like and respect you very much also, and wouldn't intend to insult you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 13, 2012, 05:36:31 PM
excuse me?
i wasn't aware that 'unbecoming' had misogynistic undertones. (as you seem to associate it with 'unlady like')
or that it had racist undertones (as you refered to me as 'massah')

but if that's how you're going to take that word, i'll settle for using in it's place 'unwarranted' 'pointless' or 'ugly'.
furthermore, there's plenty of vitriol coming from plenty of quarters. if you want to accept my assessment of it all on yourself, that's on you, but that wasn't the intent.

i realize this is a passionate topic and that i should tread lightly to avoid being sucked into drama. i simply felt compelled for vague reasons to state my respect for RWHN, and that i feel he's being heaped on excessively.
If i can't do that without being seen, for some reason, as a misogynistic, racist, unreasonable person, then i'll just step out and give wide berth to all.

I would also like to point out that i like and respect you very much also, and wouldn't intend to insult you.

It doesn't have inherently racist or sexist undertones.

What it has is COMPLETELY CONDESCENDING OVERTONES.

Quoteun·be·com·ing/ˌənbiˈkəmiNG/
Adjective:   

(esp. of clothing or a color) Not flattering.
    (of a person's attitude or behavior) Not fitting or appropriate; unseemly.

Synonyms:   
improper - unseemly - indecorous - inappropriate

You just told two adult women that their behavior was "unbecoming", and for that, you can go fuck yourself, Massah Ippy-ookums.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the part where the things about our behavior that's "unbecoming" is that we're not treating Massah WHN with enough "respect".

YEAH, NOTHING EVEN VAGUELY OFFENSIVE ABOUT ANY OF THAT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE GETTING ALL UPPITY ABOUT.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Need your shoes shined? Or maybe one of us gals can make you a sammich.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"Unseemly". Jebus.  :lulz:

I DON'T KNOW NOTHIN BOUT DEBATIN NO LAWS! Y'ALL MENS GO AHEAD! I GO HEP MIZ SCARLETT LACE HER CORSET!

JES HOLLER IF YOU NEEDS ANYTHING!

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, putting hard hat away and getting hockey helmet.

IPPIE, RUN!  RUUUUUUUUUUN!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.