News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Search function is down and I dont want everyone to be robots anymore.

Started by Penumbral, September 24, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

How to I bring back regular avatars? Looked in setting couldn't find anything.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Penumbral on September 24, 2011, 10:03:26 PM
How to I bring back regular avatars? Looked in setting couldn't find anything.

There is some kind of quest. Deep in the meta.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Penumbral

Ah yes. I looked in forum news but not metaforum because I am a fool.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Use Google Advanced Search... there are five smilies you have to click on in a certain amount of time, and they have to each be in a different thread, and you can't use tabs. Search "No more robots".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Took me a dozen attempts to throw the 'bots, and then I saw that button again. The. Red. One. It took all my (admittedly, lacking in stature) powers of impulse control not to click it again straight away, to see if I would be transformed into the same Robot again. And now, one day at a time, it gets easier to resist.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Jenne

I think I need Trip Zip's "special code" because I DID the clicking on the smiling things...didn't work.  :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on September 25, 2011, 01:24:44 AM
I think I need Trip Zip's "special code" because I DID the clicking on the smiling things...didn't work.  :(

I kept screwing it up, which admittedly because I didn't understand the directions. Finally, what I did was go to the search page that had all the "no more robots" threads, and then I'd click on one, click the smiley, click back, etc until I had done all five. They can't be in different tabs, and you have to not time out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also seem to remember there being a browser it wouldn't work on, maybe?

Penumbral

Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2011, 01:43:03 AM
I also seem to remember there being a browser it wouldn't work on, maybe?

Worked in Opera so it probably works in most of them.

Jenne

Yeah, I did the no more robots click/click back thing on Friday...didn't work.  Wonder if I timed out and didn't know it.

Jenne

Yup, just did it again, twice.  No dice.

I might just clear the passwords/cookies as well, though.  That should do it.  I don't mind the robots...and there's a bit of delay where I can see others' avatars for about 5 seconds before the robots kick in.

And I see the regular avies on my phone as well.

Stelpa

Clearing my cache worked for me... If all else fails, you could just reinstall your browser? :P

Jenne

Pæs

I clear my cache a few times a browsing-session and it's a bother to constantly have to be on the lookout for the button to bring the robots back.