News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Sorry Florida...

Started by Suu, December 18, 2009, 03:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

But I thought I'd bring a touch of Rhode Island weather with me.

Are the 50s okay? I didn't want to have to wear my heavy coat.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Suu on December 18, 2009, 03:38:19 AM
But I thought I'd bring a touch of Rhode Island weather with me.

Are the 50s okay? I didn't want to have to wear my heavy coat.

:lulz: :lulz:

I don't know why I find this so funny.... Probably because it hasn't got that cold (at least during the day) yet this year here.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:argh!: curse you Rhode Island tag-along weather  :argh!:

It was overcasty and icky all day. Rain tomorrow.

BLEH!!

Richter

YUO ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE STATE AGAIN?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on December 18, 2009, 01:56:20 PM
YUO ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE STATE AGAIN?

AGAIN.

THIS BABY'S GOT A TEMPERRRRRRRRRRR.

What? I got off the plane yesterday and went, "Ew, humidity. I shall fix."

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Hold on...

SUU, DID YOU PUT ROGER IN THE HOSPITAL JUST SO YOU COULD COOL OFF ON YOUR VACATION?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on December 18, 2009, 02:22:05 PM
Hold on...

SUU, DID YOU PUT ROGER IN THE HOSPITAL JUST SO YOU COULD COOL OFF ON YOUR VACATION?

...Is he in the hospital?

No, seriously.

LMNO

Yeah, he was prescribed mixed meds.  Posting from a laptop in the hospital.  He'll be ok.

Sir Squid Diddimus

GUH!
Do doctors not think to ask what meds you're currently taking?!?

Lemme rephrase that-- do doctors not think?!?

Jenne

Roger's entreaties to kill him are apparently enticing the fates to tease him.  :( 

I remember another cold, wet Floridian holiday about 12 years ago when I was there.  The natives were saying over and over "it's supposed to be in the 80's!"  But I didn't mind it.  It cleared up a day or two later and then we had a "real" Florida Christmas.  About 3 years before THAT, I'd been there in December with it only being foggy, which was a relief after being down South in Colombia and the Caymans where it was hot.

Jenne

Quote from: Squid on December 18, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
GUH!

Yeah, I'm in real shock about that one.  Klonopine is nothing to take lightly, so if this was his regular provider and they had his chart and history, WHY would they do this?

Makes no sense.  I hate ER/urgent care docs anyway.  They are very treat-and-street, much more so than an internist whose sole job is keeping you well.  Go to an internist, Everyone, if you can, instead of going to some random family doc or nurse practitioner (btw, a lot of "doctors" you get in UC and the ER are NOT MD's but NP's instead, bet a lot of folks don't know that) who doesn't know you or your history, and will rely on your fuzzy, fucked up memory to get it all out of you unless they have access to your charts.

maphdet

74°F | °C
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: S at 17 mph
Humidity: 82%
Fri

72°F | 54°FSat

63°F | 47°FSun

59°F | 43°FMon

61°F | 45°F

Meh wrong week to visit.

Altough-Im loving the cooler bit.
:)

Oh and hey fuck Rog sorry, hope all gets well.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Sir Squid Diddimus

61°F
Current: Cloudy
Wind: W at 27 mph (the HELL?)
Humidity: 83%

Actually quite nice out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 18, 2009, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: Squid on December 18, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
GUH!

Yeah, I'm in real shock about that one.  Klonopine is nothing to take lightly, so if this was his regular provider and they had his chart and history, WHY would they do this?

Makes no sense.  I hate ER/urgent care docs anyway.  They are very treat-and-street, much more so than an internist whose sole job is keeping you well.  Go to an internist, Everyone, if you can, instead of going to some random family doc or nurse practitioner (btw, a lot of "doctors" you get in UC and the ER are NOT MD's but NP's instead, bet a lot of folks don't know that) who doesn't know you or your history, and will rely on your fuzzy, fucked up memory to get it all out of you unless they have access to your charts.

I'm beginning to view most doctors as pushers, to be honest.  I'd rather trust an RN or a PA.  They don't think they're God, and they look shit up.

TGRR,
Would be better off going to a fucking vet.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 18, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
Roger's entreaties to kill him are apparently enticing the fates to tease him.  :( 

Yeah, and I've fucking had it.  If the universe won't kill me, I'LL kill IT.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.