News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Roger Experiences High Culture, Behaves Badly.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 22, 2012, 04:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 22, 2012, 05:35:17 PM
That was really quite awesome, Roger.  Half of me wishes I could have been there, and half of me thinks I could have been one of the douchebags thinking I could tell the difference.

I wouldn't be able to do it with biscotti, but I've been known to pull that shit with some other stuff.

The important part is that instead of admitting they were full of shit, they told Roger off instead of laughing about it, which means they take themselves too seriously.  Because when you're embarrassed quite so thoroughly, the only proper response is a "oh, no, this biscotti seems to have quite a bit of egg in it because I've managed to get it all over my face."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

That one won't work anymore -- the Stelvin cap really is better at preventing oxidation.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 22, 2012, 07:13:52 PM
That one won't work anymore -- the Stelvin cap really is better at preventing oxidation.

Dammit.

That must be why I saw corked wine at Dollar General.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Signora Pæsior

Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 22, 2012, 08:11:55 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 22, 2012, 07:00:16 PM
which means they take themselves too seriously. 

Hipsters.

Man, for a subculture based on irony that's pretty...uh, damn, what's that word I'm looking for? 

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 22, 2012, 08:13:31 PM

Hipsters.

Man, for a subculture based on irony that's pretty...uh, damn, what's that word I'm looking for?

Pretentious douchebag?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 22, 2012, 08:30:47 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 22, 2012, 08:13:31 PM

Hipsters.

Pretentious douchebag?

No it was a different word, I'm really into it right now but you probably haven't heard of it.   :evil:

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Aucoq

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 22, 2012, 04:43:31 PM
So, I went to my friend Ross's housewarming party.  His girlfriend's mother had made a bunch of homemade biscotti for this event, and was taste-testing it for possible sale.  They had arranged two slightly different recipes for each type, and were asking if there was a noticeable difference between each one.

Problem:  It was an art crowd, so there were more than a few hipsters there.  Almost all of them were +1s of Ross and his GF's actual friends.

The hipsters went on and on about which particular type of tea each variation would go best with.  What's more, they were all trying to outdo each other on which bizarre tea would work best.  I stood it as long as I could, then asked Lucy (Ross's GF) and her mother if I could try something.

I went in the kitchen, and put two of the exact same biscottis on each plate, and asked for one last round of taste tests.  The hipsters did the same thing, calling out subtle differences, and declaring which jasmine/rose/whatever tea would go better with each one.

After about 5 minutes of this, I announce that I had made an error, and that there was no difference at all between the two biscottis.

Utter silence.

After a second or two, I heard Lucy hiccuping in the kitchen.  I felt awful...Here was her housewarming party, and I'd gone and made her cry.  I went into the kitchen, and there she was...Supporting herself on the sink, beside her mother, and both of them were wheezing with laughter, and trying to stay quiet.

Later, I was out back having a smoke, and one of the hipsters came out and told me what a shit I was.  I smiled and agreed.  He snarled a curse at me and left.  I couldn't stop giggling.

A moment later, Lucy came out and gave me a kiss on the cheek, and said that she'd always wanted to see a couple of them taken down a notch, and that it was the best housewarming party ever.

Jenn was amused, and told me that she'd always known there was a reason she keeps me around.

So, yeah.  Not cut out for Tucson's excuse for an art crowd, don't care.

:lulz:

You just made my day, Man Yellow!  I would've loved to have been there.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Luna

:lol: 

Wait...  I was looking for BAD behavior.  If you've got the hostess AND her mother giggling in the kitchen, you have not behaved badly.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on October 23, 2012, 12:10:52 AM

Wait...  I was looking for BAD behavior.  If you've got the hostess AND her mother giggling in the kitchen, you have not behaved badly.

They're bad people, too.

Luna

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 23, 2012, 12:52:26 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 23, 2012, 12:10:52 AM

They're bad people, too.

Nah...  they got to the kitchen.

I wouldn't have gotten out of the room before laughing my ass off.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 22, 2012, 04:43:31 PM
So, I went to my friend Ross's housewarming party.  His girlfriend's mother had made a bunch of homemade biscotti for this event, and was taste-testing it for possible sale.  They had arranged two slightly different recipes for each type, and were asking if there was a noticeable difference between each one.

Problem:  It was an art crowd, so there were more than a few hipsters there.  Almost all of them were +1s of Ross and his GF's actual friends.

The hipsters went on and on about which particular type of tea each variation would go best with.  What's more, they were all trying to outdo each other on which bizarre tea would work best.  I stood it as long as I could, then asked Lucy (Ross's GF) and her mother if I could try something.

I went in the kitchen, and put two of the exact same biscottis on each plate, and asked for one last round of taste tests.  The hipsters did the same thing, calling out subtle differences, and declaring which jasmine/rose/whatever tea would go better with each one.

After about 5 minutes of this, I announce that I had made an error, and that there was no difference at all between the two biscottis.

Utter silence.

After a second or two, I heard Lucy hiccuping in the kitchen.  I felt awful...Here was her housewarming party, and I'd gone and made her cry.  I went into the kitchen, and there she was...Supporting herself on the sink, beside her mother, and both of them were wheezing with laughter, and trying to stay quiet.

Later, I was out back having a smoke, and one of the hipsters came out and told me what a shit I was.  I smiled and agreed.  He snarled a curse at me and left.  I couldn't stop giggling.

A moment later, Lucy came out and gave me a kiss on the cheek, and said that she'd always wanted to see a couple of them taken down a notch, and that it was the best housewarming party ever.

Jenn was amused, and told me that she'd always known there was a reason she keeps me around.

So, yeah.  Not cut out for Tucson's excuse for an art crowd, don't care.

This is....  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

You gave me a warm fuzzy tingle all the way down to my toes, here. There is nothing I love more than hipsters being humiliated in front of each other.

Well, except making hipsters uncomfortable. God I love that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."