News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

LOL BIP gets dissed

Started by LHX, January 18, 2007, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Ok.  I'll just throw on some chuch-hall reverb, and I can add to it if'n you want it.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

I am a paragon of civilized values, and I will set on fire and and then piss on the corpse of any motherfucker who says otherwise.

LMNO

Cain, RWHN, I really like your rebuttals.

AFK

Thanks, I hope, if he reads them, he will not only read the rebuttals but also notice the variation amongst them.  Because I think it is a great illustration of how un-rigid it is compared to how he constructed it in his mind. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Sadly though, it really seems that his whole point is to look at other ideas through the prism of one who has found "the" "Truth" and is merley dismissing all other points of view.

A person like that is hard to convince otherwise.  Too many engrams.

Mangrove

btw, the rebuttals are fantastic.

out of respect, i did not place mine there so the thread would not get jacked.

however, i reproduce my review of 'closertogod' below......

shit sandwich.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Thanks guys, I've enjoyed reading the other explanations so far.  Of course, any good ideas can also be chucked over to the explanation thread too, or be built on as part of later discussion.

Cain

And I've just transferred it to the blog.  I hope Hoopla sees it there, I got the feeling he didn't like Laz much....

B_M_W

I know it was said already multiple times, but I have to say for myself

the rebuttals in that thread are masterful. Best explanations I have seen for the BIP metaphore yet, and in multiple points of view.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

AFK

Update:  I signed his guestbook with an invitation to discuss his assessment of our efforts.  I also left my e-mail address so maybe we'll hear from Mr. Laz one way or another. 

hunter s.durden

I will drive up to 90 miles to fight him.
This space for rent.

LMNO

AFK

Hmm, possible movie and/or sitcom fodder as well.  Okay, probably no mass appeal.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 06, 2007, 07:42:00 PM
Hmm, possible movie and/or sitcom fodder as well.  Okay, probably no mass appeal.

the idea of a sitcom in which a group of internet dwellers meet up to go on a road trip to beat up someone else they met online is probably the ultimate modern sit-com.

i say you pitch this to Warners and see what happens.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.