News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 01, 2014, 11:56:07 AM
CPD, high-five and a glass of whiskey.

Also, please to note: Someone on a FB discordia page posted the PD URL.  Be prepared for the possibility of more Delcon-like assbaggery.

Whiskey is a good idea.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
It is going to go up 5F every hour for the next 4 hours.   It is currently 88F.  It will then creep up to 114 by noon.

I love Arizona.  It loves me, too, but sometimes I make it angry.

Arizona hates it when you don't call back.

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 01:42:07 PM
I bought a 1lb bag of Death Wish Coffee for Pennsic, and it came in yesterday. Naturally, I had to give it a test brew this morning. So far, the flavor is fantastic. It's bold and smooth. Not overly bitter or tannic like one would expect from a "strong" coffee, flavor wise.

...However. I'm half way through the cup and I'm getting the giggles.

Dead man's Chest, Tripple Pecker Goat...  Good days.

Luna

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 01, 2014, 10:58:07 AM
CPD, Better late than never, I guess? That sounded a lot more compassionate in my head.

It's cool. My own mistake.

It happens.  Sometimes it happens way too slow.

Hugs.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 01:51:00 PM
Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 03:47:28 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 03:39:28 AM
Waiting for someone else's baby is a lot more annoying than I thought. I mean, less painful than making your own, sure, but DAMN. Sitting here since 1pm waiting for updates.

Sounds like an epidural happened.

I know nothing about childbirth, but every time someone has a long labor, it seems pain killers were in the mix. It makes me wonder if I were to have kids if I would go for the au natural like my mom who popped us all out like 45 minutes flat each, or if I wouldn't be able to handle it and opt for the epidural. Everyone is so different though, so it's incredibly hard to say.

Either way, I hope she's okay. Did she go in before she was dilated enough?

The doctors decided they want to induce labor, because the baby is a pipsqueak and they're worried about placenta things. Ignoring the fact that her husband is not a large person and from a race that has small babies, of course. I got one update that apparently the hospital was full up on babies so they weren't pushing things along until they had a bed open up in the recovery, because of course that's what happened.
Still no baby.

So she's having a peanut, big deal. Isn't there a way they can tell without making her induce before the timer on the oven goes off?

They can tell if there are issues with the placenta, but they can't tell more than a ball-park on weight and "done-ness". Thing is, placenta issues can be fatal, so they kinda like to be proactive with that kind of thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
It is going to go up 5F every hour for the next 4 hours.   It is currently 88F.  It will then creep up to 114 by noon.

I love Arizona.  It loves me, too, but sometimes I make it angry.

It's 96º at my house. Laugh if you will, that's fucking hot for us temperate valley lowlanders.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

CPD, Better late than never, I guess? That sounded a lot more compassionate in my head.

We all have those. Did I tell you about the guy I shouldn't have dated at all, but instead dated for eleven months and he fucked my head so badly I'm STILL recovering? Yeah. I think you might have been here for that, actually.

By contrast, I can count the number of quarrels and emotionally traumatizing moments I've had with my current boyfriend on no hands. Rest assured that there's something better out there.

The Good Reverend Roger

I just changed my facebook language to English (pirate).  My life has new meaning.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 02, 2014, 12:00:30 AM

We all have those. Did I tell you about the guy I shouldn't have dated at all, but instead dated for eleven months and he fucked my head so badly I'm STILL recovering? Yeah. I think you might have been here for that, actually.

By contrast, I can count the number of quarrels and emotionally traumatizing moments I've had with my current boyfriend on no hands. Rest assured that there's something better out there.

This.  Drama is NOT inevitable.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
My boss is sitting in the room outside of my office while the office building is being torn out.  We have 20 minutes to kill before the meeting, so he is watching company update videos.

No, really.  He's actually watching them.  I always wondered who those motivational posters on the wall were actually provided for, and now I know.

this is how I imagine your corp. update videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2jFhnI209k

They could be talking about a gun wiht tits and lightning and it would still sound banal
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 02:29:52 PM
I bought a 1lb bag of Death Wish Coffee for Pennsic, and it came in yesterday. Naturally, I had to give it a test brew this morning. So far, the flavor is fantastic. It's bold and smooth. Not overly bitter or tannic like one would expect from a "strong" coffee, flavor wise.

Well that was anticlimactic. I expected the jitters and the ability to taste colors. Come to find out I was just giggling because an ant was crawling across my foot.

I blame Richter for this. His sharpened roast back in the Boston Daze must have made me immune.

That coffee got me through my looney bin job.  It was a replacement for nutrition, sleep, and sanity.

Let me see if I can scare up another cheap espresso machine - we'll put that stuff through it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on July 02, 2014, 01:11:01 AM
Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 02:29:52 PM

Well that was anticlimactic. I expected the jitters and the ability to taste colors. Come to find out I was just giggling because an ant was crawling across my foot.

I blame Richter for this. His sharpened roast back in the Boston Daze must have made me immune.

That coffee got me through my looney bin job.  It was a replacement for nutrition, sleep, and sanity.

Let me see if I can scare up another cheap espresso machine - we'll put that stuff through it.

I'm bringing my French Press to Pennsic.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I'm having fasting bloodwork done tomorrow, and I'm already miserable. Mr. Suu decided to get an ice cream cone and I'm sitting here and apparently gave him a look of FUCK YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE enough that he put it back in the freezer.

:(

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Good news my blood pressure dropped 6 points. Bad news Im waiting for a cat scan. Belles Palsey , or minor stroke. Hopefully my thyroid medicine didnt make it worse. If I had a minor stroke then Im becoming a vegetarian.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on July 02, 2014, 07:12:46 AM
Good news my blood pressure dropped 6 points. Bad news Im waiting for a cat scan. Belles Palsey , or minor stroke. Hopefully my thyroid medicine didnt make it worse. If I had a minor stroke then Im becoming a vegetarian.

Ummm oh shit! Update us when you know, K? I hope you're OK.