News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

...and in the end, he had to be wheeled out.

Started by AFK, January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance of today's Inauguration, perhaps the greatest symbol of the ceremonies was Dick Cheney in that wheel chair.  The images of he and George W. Bush entering the grandstand.  Bush, standing, but with a look of heavy and cumbersome relief that his end is finally nigh.  Cheney, hunched in that wheel chair, like a decrepit, Igor being wheeled to justice.  The clear disdain etched on his face for having to exist in that moment and in that capacity. 

They are announced to the crowds and the boos, chants, and jeers did start.  And it was to be expected.  One cannot face the end of oppressive mediocrity and not be overtaken by the need to give voice to the emotions and feelings inside.  George W. Bush is seated, Dick Cheney wheeled to his spot to witness history.  And his spot was behind a clear, fiberglass partition.  Yet another poignant metaphor of what the rest of his miserable life will be.  Hiding from history.  Hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep and not by the bullet of an enraged widow of a Gulf War vet. 

His disposition at this moment in time so very apropos.  A symbol, that in the end, not even he, Dick Cheney could escape this administration unharmed.  He was foiled by the simple act of lifting a box that inevitably contained some piece of his past 8 years.  It is fitting to see that not even he, can be untouched by the weight and burden of what he, and his friend George W. Bush, had created.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance of today's Inauguration, perhaps the greatest symbol of the ceremonies was Dick Cheney in that wheel chair.  The images of he and George W. Bush entering the grandstand.  Bush, standing, but with a look of heavy and cumbersome relief that his end is finally nigh.  Cheney, hunched in that wheel chair, like a decrepit, Igor being wheeled to justice.  The clear disdain etched on his face for having to exist in that moment and in that capacity. 

They are announced to the crowds and the boos, chants, and jeers did start.  And it was to be expected.  One cannot face the end of oppressive mediocrity and not be overtaken by the need to give voice to the emotions and feelings inside.  George W. Bush is seated, Dick Cheney wheeled to his spot to witness history.  And his spot was behind a clear, fiberglass partition.  Yet another poignant metaphor of what the rest of his miserable life will be.  Hiding from history.  Hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep and not by the bullet of an enraged widow of a Gulf War vet. 

His disposition at this moment in time so very apropos.  A symbol, that in the end, not even he, Dick Cheney could escape this administration unharmed.  He was foiled by the simple act of lifting a box that inevitably contained some piece of his past 8 years.  It is fitting to see that not even he, can be untouched by the weight and burden of what he, and his friend George W. Bush, had created.

Hail Hail!
Hail Yes!

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

indigoblade

My favorite part was the nananana nananana hey hey goodbye chant. Fucking awesome to watch their faces when they heard that, it brought a tear to my eye.
What?

Elder Iptuous

Payne

Cramulus

:mittens:

and well said, RWHN. I was hoping Cheney'd take this last opportunity to use his Force Lightning, but alas, he was too decrepit.

Anybody else think the poet was pretty milquetoast? I guess she wrote exactly what the inauguration poem is expected to be.

"Stuff was bad. But we have to be good and do the right thing. It'll take hard work, but love conquers all."
                                /

thirdly, I wonder if we are going to continue to be reminded of Obama's race for the next four years.

Fuquad

Am I the only one Cynical enough to think that Cheney was faking so he didn't have to stand when Obama took the oath?

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

AFK

1.  Thanks.
2.  Yeah, boring poem was boring.
3.  I hope not.  In these times, race should be incidental.  Let's see if the guy can get anything done. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

what is the first number without any interesting properties?

Triple Zero

anyway, somebody on IRC likened him to Dr Strangelove :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fuquad

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2009, 08:06:42 PM

I don't know.

I mean it's the FIRST number without any interesting properties.

that's kind of interesting.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Fuquad

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
nonono that was 38. I got my bases covered.
There you go then

I should have done the math.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson