News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

A Word on Dungeon Masters and Their Beloved Creations

Started by Cainad (dec.), March 13, 2011, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on March 14, 2011, 08:46:53 PM
I was ready for that last session. :lulz:

Never doubted that for a second, we already tangled with a few, and HAD the potential of repurcussions with them last session.  Trust me, if I decide to mess with your game, I'm not gonna post tactics HERE.   :evil:

But, group of brandy-new players...  I'll let 'em break in to the basics for awhile, before getting into Advanced GM Fuckery 301 with them.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 08:43:31 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 08:38:13 PM
Quote from: Richter on March 14, 2011, 08:19:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: Richter on March 14, 2011, 06:49:56 PM
To the PC's credit they are trying to play the game too, not just mess up everything to get experience. 

Does not compute.   :?

3/4 are new to tabletop roleplaying.

Oh, they'll learn.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Point-whoring his way to the top.

Heh.  Sooner or later...  But, then, I haven't yet found the need to disrupt things, having a good time so far.

I'm fairly sure I could convince the lot of them to do a frontal assault on the city guard while I sneak quietly out the back gate with all the loot...

"You guys keep the guards busy while I go start the helicopter."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 08:52:54 PM
To the PC's credit they are trying to play the game too, not just mess up everything to get experience. 

TGRR,

Heh.  Sooner or later...  But, then, I haven't yet found the need to disrupt things, having a good time so far.

I'm fairly sure I could convince the lot of them to do a frontal assault on the city guard while I sneak quietly out the back gate with all the loot...

Interparty Fuckery is an advanced class, run in stealth mode.  When THAT shit starts, they won't know until it's all over and I have to explain to them afterwards how they were fucked.  I ain't teaching them that's okay to do until I'm good and ready.  Kinda refreshing to not have to watch my back EVERY bloody second.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 08:52:54 PM

TGRR,

Interparty Fuckery is an advanced class, run in stealth mode.  When THAT shit starts, they won't know until it's all over and I have to explain to them afterwards how they were fucked.  I ain't teaching them that's okay to do until I'm good and ready.  Kinda refreshing to not have to watch my back EVERY bloody second.

"Okay, I have a plan.  You hold this bowl with the weird ball of fire, and wait for the bad guys to come around the corner.  There's no time to explain.  Trust me."
- TGRR, having just added Delayed Blast Fireball to his spellbook.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 08:57:17 PM
"Okay, I have a plan.  You hold this bowl with the weird ball of fire, and wait for the bad guys to come around the corner.  There's no time to explain.  Trust me."

See, THAT's the shit that I'm NOT going to teach them until I use it on them.

Wait 'til they see my rates for in-dungeon healing. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 09:13:59 PM

"Can you spare one of those potions of cure serious?"

"I won't really know til we're done, right?"

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:16:50 PM

It's early on for them.  Raking 'em over now would be like kicking kittens.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 09:19:08 PM

Which is a sport in England. 

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:20:49 PM

Yeah, well, there's not much to do for fun over there, I hear.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:20:49 PM

Yeah, well, there's not much to do for fun over there, I hear.

Ferret-legging.  D/N/T.

Luna

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 09:37:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
Ferret-legging.  D/N/T.

Jesus FUCK!

This is why I'm such a big fan of England.

It's the only thing I love that loves me back.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:41:55 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 09:37:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
Ferret-legging.  D/N/T.

Jesus FUCK!

This is why I'm such a big fan of England.

It's the only thing I love that loves me back.

Makes kicking kittens look downright tame.

I've officially learned my New Thing for the day.  Well, this, and that ECH will sit through a LOT of really bad videos for our enjoyment.

Hrm, next time I run a game, I will use this.

Shatterbrain

Really, making sure everyone participates and has a good time is trickier to pull off than you might imagine. For example, half my group (and I) prefer roleplay / problem-solving adventures, while one just wants to murder shit and another is kind of reserved and needs to be thrust into the spotlight in order to have fun. So it's a tricky balancing act. Lengthy combat sessions bore a couple players, lengthy roleplay bores a couple more. Variation is key in such a diverse group, but more single-minded groups I'd imagine it's not as much of an issue.

Our last session went by without any combat at all. While everyone else found something awesome to do (the rogue Magnificent Bastarding himself into becoming a high profile celebrity's drugdealer... the transmutationist and sorcerer conjuring ritual magic to save the airship they were aboard from dropping), after seducing a worker to get aboard the damn airship in the first place (yeah he's that guy) he was kind of non-participative for the rest of the session.
"Whoever stands on the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." -Friedrich Nietzsche