News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 22, 2015, 07:36:05 AM
My uncle passed away Wednesday night.

Nothing much to say, really, but I figured I ought to follow up after dropping my problems in Open Bar a few days ago.

:cry:  Sorry to hear that, Cainad.
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 22, 2015, 07:36:05 AM
My uncle passed away Wednesday night.

Nothing much to say, really, but I figured I ought to follow up after dropping my problems in Open Bar a few days ago.

Well, shit. I'm sorry.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Thank you, everyone. I'm okay, but I havent spent time with the rest of the family yet, specifically his sons (15 and 12). I'll probably be all messed up after that.

In better news, I learned that my resting heart rate is 53, down from 65-ish one year ago. Feeling pretty alive right now.

minuspace

I'm sorry for your loss Cainad. Much love and condolences to the family.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 22, 2015, 04:44:45 PM
Thank you, everyone. I'm okay, but I havent spent time with the rest of the family yet, specifically his sons (15 and 12). I'll probably be all messed up after that.

In better news, I learned that my resting heart rate is 53, down from 65-ish one year ago. Feeling pretty alive right now.

They are awfully young to lose a father. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sometimes I wonder if people think AT ALL before comparing something that is not even a little bit like rape to rape on someone else's wall. Like LOL this is funny, I'll just say that it's like rape and throw something in there about things that are not penises being LIKE penises, and that will be hilarious, what a great joke, right? This person probably hasn't been raped and probably doesn't know anyone who has, so why not, right?

:kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 24, 2015, 07:22:42 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people think AT ALL before comparing something that is not even a little bit like rape to rape on someone else's wall. Like LOL this is funny, I'll just say that it's like rape and throw something in there about things that are not penises being LIKE penises, and that will be hilarious, what a great joke, right? This person probably hasn't been raped and probably doesn't know anyone who has, so why not, right?

:kingmeh:

Yeah, it's a trivialization of horrible things that happen to people.
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, I feel pretty good.  Last night was the first night in...hmm, about five days that I've had more than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the flat I'm in being ungodly hot and without air-con.

Even with a window open, fan on 24/7 and cold showers before bed, it's still disturbingly warm in here...enough that I sweat just laying in bed.

Maintenance, of course, swear there isn't a problem.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2015, 10:33:12 AM
Well, I feel pretty good.  Last night was the first night in...hmm, about five days that I've had more than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the flat I'm in being ungodly hot and without air-con.

Even with a window open, fan on 24/7 and cold showers before bed, it's still disturbingly warm in here...enough that I sweat just laying in bed.

Maintenance, of course, swear there isn't a problem.
I'd go old-school, attach a hose to best faucet and spray outside of building and street before sleep.  Catching vegetation also helps SA evaporation.  Yay science!

Cain

Unfortunately, central London has little in the way of vegetation, and even more importantly, I don't own the building or hosepipe.

I am considering perhaps getting one of those silent fans with a built in ioniser, to see if it helps.

minuspace

Although I was maybe hinting to a possibly proximate grow op, just wetting the concrete/stone will cause evaporation from retained heat capacity.  Getting a hose should cost less than an ionizer, unless the smell of ozone is thermodynamically cooling to you? [and there's a plug to fit the hose to common faucet]