News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I go to a small private gym run by a friend.  Most of the people there compete, but there's no pressure to do so, nor do you catch hell from the other members for being new, etc.

It's all in where you go.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 07, 2014, 08:34:16 PM
I go to a small private gym run by a friend.  Most of the people there compete, but there's no pressure to do so, nor do you catch hell from the other members for being new, etc.

In theory a gym could be an awesome place, but I've yet to find one that isn't primarily comprised of complete assholes.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on August 07, 2014, 08:40:40 PM

In theory a gym could be an awesome place, but I've yet to find one that isn't primarily comprised of complete assholes.

WE LIVE ON A PLANET PRIMARILY COMPRISED OF COMPLETE ASSHOLES
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

I'm not going to say "newsfeed", but.....

Fuck it.  Newsfeed.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 07, 2014, 08:41:39 PM
Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on August 07, 2014, 08:40:40 PM

WE LIVE ON A PLANET PRIMARILY COMPRISED OF COMPLETE ASSHOLES

And somehow gyms seem to attract the worst of them.

But no, you're right, my experience must be invalidated because it was different from yours.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Salty

RE: Gyms. Unless your environment is too brutal for it, gyms seems like a scam to me. And hell, Alaska is super hostile, but it still seems like bullshit to me. Having walked most of last winter my view here is sort of confirmed.

HOWEVER: I can still see the value. It is safer, few people get mugged in the gym as opposed to jogging, I would imagine.

THEN AGAIN, I supose with what you have to pay, that comparison is a wash.

In the end I am happy when people take care of their own precious bodies anytime they do so.

RE EVERYONE SHITTING ON NET:

DUDE, I don't think that was anyone's intention. Pretty sure EoC's goal was Teh Funnay.

FINALLY: Steam rooms are the shit.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Name me one thing a turtle has done for any of you beyond start a needless argument or make you puke for 12 hours.

Aside from the daily blessing you all receive from the Great God *holy horns* Om gives you, of course.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Eater of Clowns

Hey Net, nobody is shitting on you, despite your apparent intention to shit on the discussions you've been taking part in the last few days. I don't know if you realize you're doing it, but you entered into this discussion, the Moloch discussion, and, ERIS FUCKING HELP ME, the Ninja Turtles discussion oddly aggressive. That, coupled with your apparent flounce, indicate to me that you may not be in the proper mindset to converse. That's fine - every single person on PD has done that at one point or another.

I want you to know, and I do hope you'll read this, that I did not mean to contribute negatively to whatever you've got going on. Would you, maybe, be interested in telling anyone what that might be?

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Is Net OK?  I'm confused.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 09, 2014, 01:35:14 AM
Is Net OK?  I'm confused.

I don't know. His name change indicates a flounce. That and the above mentioned conversations give me an impression of a case of The Offs.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

The Good Reverend Roger

No shame in that.  I'm in week 3 or 4 of my offs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 09, 2014, 02:34:13 AM

Yeah. And bringing this back around to the topic, exercise really is the best way to beat them back.

The primary benefit of running, to me, that the gym will never have, is backing by the First Church of GO OUTSIDE.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 09, 2014, 03:03:11 AM

Yeah. And bringing this back around to the topic, exercise really is the best way to beat them back.

The primary benefit of running, to me, that the gym will never have, is backing by the First Church of GO OUTSIDE.

The gym is working for me.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 09, 2014, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 09, 2014, 03:03:11 AM

The gym is working for me.

I feel more likely to run if I'm near a treadmill. Walking or running outside seems task oriented to me. I'm walking from point A to point B. If I'm running it's because I see the train coming.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS