News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 07, 2014, 12:38:49 PM
Back from celebrating my Grampa's 70th. He got a message from the hospital a few days before that he beat the cancer. That'll be the second time in ten years the old beast did that.  :)

I'm glad to hear that!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Chelagoras The Boulder

Applying for Teach For America. How much lying is too much lying?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

Lie until you ain't got a solid alibi.

Good news that viking.

I have returned home. There's probably a good German word for the situation but it's varied to say the least.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on August 07, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
Applying for Teach For America. How much lying is too much lying?

I went through that a few years back. I didn't get selected but if you have any questions about the interview process I can try to help. I got to the final round.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Ben Shapiro

Guardians of the Galaxy was the best super hero I've seen so far. Amazing movie for casual anybody.

TMNT was pretty good. Left a lot for a sequel. Best part it pissed off really real fans, and there's no pizza cowabunga bullshit.

So if you got $7-$10 to blow, and want to be entertained, and gasp have a good time go watch either of those movies.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on August 08, 2014, 04:33:34 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy was the best super hero I've seen so far. Amazing movie for casual anybody.

TMNT was pretty good. Left a lot for a sequel. Best part it pissed off really real fans, and there's no pizza cowabunga bullshit.

So if you got $7-$10 to blow, and want to be entertained, and gasp have a good time go watch either of those movies.
NO PIZZA?!!
Next you'll tell me they are named Bob, Jim, John and Timmy!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy. You hear a lot of flak directed at superhero movies but Marvel at least has put out some of the most consistently entertaining shit in the last few years. The writing for this one and Avengers in particular was tight. It's not serious cinema like the contrived garbage that keeps getting released at Oscar season, and it's not supposed to be. I used to be all about the fall and winter releases but now if I'm going to sit for several hours in front of a screen I'd rather it not be for emotionally manipulative misery.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Faust

I liked Guardians because it had some cool sci-fi aspects, great humour without any of the horrible wooden dialogue that seems to be a trope of TV sci-fi.

Sometimes it's ok because of a military setting (TNG, Battlestar Galactica), but more often then not it comes off as so goddamn cheesy.
It's why I couldn't get into mass effect,  all the men sound like functioning autistics and all the women sounds like they are a victorian era coming out party

"The year is 2209, these are the voyages of the starship aspergers"

There's only one other sci-fi for tv that pulled it off for me and that's Lexx, where the main cast have no other goal then to travel the universe and get a good dicking.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sita

I won't say I'll never watch the new TMNT movie, but I sure won't pay money to do so.
Between the Shrek-like look, the fact that were actually, purposely created and now I hear there's no pizza loving or Mikey catchphrase? (I can understand if they didn't want to use cowabunga, the new cartoon has booyakasha, they could come up with something) it's just wrong.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Regret on August 08, 2014, 01:14:42 PM

NO PIZZA?!!
Next you'll tell me they are named Bob, Jim, John and Timmy!

There's pizza because of product placement they also enjoy other food.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Sita on August 08, 2014, 01:58:56 PM
I won't say I'll never watch the new TMNT movie, but I sure won't pay money to do so.
Between the Shrek-like look, the fact that were actually, purposely created and now I hear there's no pizza loving or Mikey catchphrase? (I can understand if they didn't want to use cowabunga, the new cartoon has booyakasha, they could come up with something) it's just wrong.

There's lots of easter eggs to nostalgia fans, but this isn't that stupid 90's cartoon. It's not as good as the 90's original movie because that movie has closure, and you got the full revenge story in one setting. This new release felt too short, but I guess it's fitting since they want to crank out a sequel, and will go into more of the new IDW comics, and Nickelodeon reboot.

In the movie they mention a magical alchemist in a old japanese legend who create a elixir/water of great power. I'm going to assume it's Krang and his mutagen. In the IDW comics reboot the "Iron Demon" (Krang) made a bargain with the Oroku Saki to serve him in exchange for the mutagen to extend his life. Saki betrays him, and sends him back to hell (Dimension X gateway), and steals the mutagen for himself.

They do say cowabunga, and they tie in with April O neil with the turtles, and Splinter is amazing.

If you want to see a Revenge story with a dysfunctional family trying to find their place in the world then go ahead, and take a chance. There's totally sequels in mind.

When it comes to fighting Splinter totally outclasses his sons, but he is old as fuck.

Sita

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on August 08, 2014, 03:38:35 PM

There's lots of easter eggs to nostalgia fans, but this isn't that stupid 90's cartoon. It's not as good as the 90's original movie because that movie has closure, and you got the full revenge story in one setting. This new release felt too short, but I guess it's fitting since they want to crank out a sequel, and will go into more of the new IDW comics, and Nickelodeon reboot.

In the movie they mention a magical alchemist in a old japanese legend who create a elixir/water of great power. I'm going to assume it's Krang and his mutagen. In the IDW comics reboot the "Iron Demon" (Krang) made a bargain with the Oroku Saki to serve him in exchange for the mutagen to extend his life. Saki betrays him, and sends him back to hell (Dimension X gateway), and steals the mutagen for himself.

They do say cowabunga, and they tie in with April O neil with the turtles, and Splinter is amazing.

If you want to see a Revenge story with a dysfunctional family trying to find their place in the world then go ahead, and take a chance. There's totally sequels in mind.

When it comes to fighting Splinter totally outclasses his sons, but he is old as fuck.
So less of the campiness of the original cartoons, but more like the cartoons from the 20003 and the new ones? Can handle that.
You make it sound a whole lot better than any ad has.

Beginning to sound like it might need to treat it like I did the Trek reboot. Think of it like an alternate timeline or something.

If only their look wasn't so awful.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Sita on August 08, 2014, 03:57:59 PM
Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on August 08, 2014, 03:38:35 PM

So less of the campiness of the original cartoons, but more like the cartoons from the 20003 and the new ones? Can handle that.
You make it sound a whole lot better than any ad has.

Beginning to sound like it might need to treat it like I did the Trek reboot. Think of it like an alternate timeline or something.

If only their look wasn't so awful.

They're mutants.

Cain

I've heard a lot of good things about Guardians.  Good sci-fi, it's fun, it's a superhero film without all the GRIMDARK EDGINESS OMG of many other films of the genre, that it has engaging male and female characters and that it has a very wide appeal, across many demographics including those who don't normally like that kind of film.

Which makes me want to hate it, just to be contrary, and possibly an article in Slate.  But I have yet to see it, and would probably like it, so that plan kinda fails.