News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

MMIX

Yes, yes it is

edit for not enough yesses - is that even a word?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Bruno

Gamera Vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Discuss.
Formerly something else...

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

I saw Lucy last night. It was amazing. The whole thing, from start to finish was pure fever dream madness. At no point did anything resembling a plot, or even a character appear. The last 20 minutes of the film are Scarlet Johandjob sitting in an office chair in front of a green screen and flying through space. Then she turns into a flash drive. Morgan Freeman brings his trademark charm to the role of Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Two Frogs humping features prominently in the film. When the movie isnt bad CGI action scenes its Scarlet ranting about the universe using complete nonsequiters. These were the best part of the movie because they managed to rise above mere bad screenwriting to the level of schizophrenic word salad. Her teeth fall out and then she explodes. She cries and tells her mother she remembers sucking on her tit. It is strangely erotic. Jackie Chan give the performance of his life as "Asian Mobster". She doesnt just explode she explodes into ice cream sprinkles. The moon, the moon comes crashing into earth. 2+2=/=1. Time sped up to infinity is nothing. We are nothing. How can mirrors be real if our eyes arent real? But is the world ready for Lucys life changing knowledge? As Neil Smokes Le Grass Tyson states, with great power comes great responsibility. Will the power of Lucy/Flash Drive be used by mankind for good or evil? These questions are left ambiguous. Scarlet Johansen smashes her way through patriarchy, racial stereotypes, the box office and, most importantly, our hearts in Resident Evil 7: Resident Evilerer.

Ben Shapiro

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 09, 2014, 11:35:16 PM
I saw Lucy last night. It was amazing. The whole thing, from start to finish was pure fever dream madness. At no point did anything resembling a plot, or even a character appear. The last 20 minutes of the film are Scarlet Johandjob sitting in an office chair in front of a green screen and flying through space. Then she turns into a flash drive. Morgan Freeman brings his trademark charm to the role of Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Two Frogs humping features prominently in the film. When the movie isnt bad CGI action scenes its Scarlet ranting about the universe using complete nonsequiters. These were the best part of the movie because they managed to rise above mere bad screenwriting to the level of schizophrenic word salad. Her teeth fall out and then she explodes. She cries and tells her mother she remembers sucking on her tit. It is strangely erotic. Jackie Chan give the performance of his life as "Asian Mobster". She doesnt just explode she explodes into ice cream sprinkles. The moon, the moon comes crashing into earth. 2+2=/=1. Time sped up to infinity is nothing. We are nothing. How can mirrors be real if our eyes arent real? But is the world ready for Lucys life changing knowledge? As Neil Smokes Le Grass Tyson states, with great power comes great responsibility. Will the power of Lucy/Flash Drive be used by mankind for good or evil? These questions are left ambiguous. Scarlet Johansen smashes her way through patriarchy, racial stereotypes, the box office and, most importantly, our hearts in Resident Evil 7: Resident Evilerer.

:lulz: That sounds amazing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

An actual sentence from the actual class page of my Research Methods class:

QuoteThe point of this is to see that when we don't just have to guess at how many people will be enough for our experiments.

So basically I finally realized that this guy is high as fuck and doesn't want to deal with it, and I have been trying way too fucking hard. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

So, these multiple Discordian group pages on FB I've been volunteered for.

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to youth culture recently, but when did "FGT" become an acceptable, no-harm-done substitute for "faggot", and why the fuck is everyone OK with it?

I am once again reconsidering my self-identification, if these are my peers.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 09, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

The movie is worthwhile, if only for the glory you have wrought here. Stella!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 10, 2014, 03:38:44 AM

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to youth culture recently, but when did "FGT" become an acceptable, no-harm-done substitute for "faggot", and why the fuck is everyone OK with it?

I stopped identifying with Discordianism sometime over the last 6 months.  The geeks have beaten me.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 10, 2014, 03:38:44 AM

You cant let idiots ruin shit for you.

LMNO

In other news, there's the "ice water challenge".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/reason-crazy-ice-water-challenge-trend/story?id=24886646

When challenged, you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, or you have to donate $100 towards ALS research.

Besides the fact that the most useful thing you can do is not accept the challenge, doesn't pouring a bucket of ice water on your head seem a bit arbitrary?

I kind of want to start a "put out lit cigarettes on your arm for dyslexia" challenge.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 10, 2014, 05:00:26 PM
In other news, there's the "ice water challenge".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/reason-crazy-ice-water-challenge-trend/story?id=24886646

When challenged, you have 24 hours to pour a bucket of ice water on your head, or you have to donate $100 towards ALS research.

Besides the fact that the most useful thing you can do is not accept the challenge, doesn't pouring a bucket of ice water on your head seem a bit arbitrary?

I kind of want to start a "put out lit cigarettes on your arm for dyslexia" challenge.

Do it.

Seriously, do it.