News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Jump Start

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2011, 03:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Khara on July 19, 2011, 05:34:50 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 19, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
Making the world a better place is a good thing to do.  Everyone needs to have hope once in a while.

There is no hope, to have hope inplies that there is a chance that something can be accomplished.

:| :emo:

That's not only depressing negativity, but it's also stupid and circular.

Hoffnung ist nur ein Mangel an Information

Also not necessarily a very positive statement, but at least it's got TROOF in it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 02:50:49 PM
Making the world a better place is a good thing to do.  Everyone needs to have hope once in a while.

There is no hope, to have hope inplies that there is a chance that something can be accomplished.

Also not necessarily a very positive statement, but at least it's got TROOF in it.

Fuck you!

Let me go nitpick your one liners.  I write some actual decent shit and it's completely ignored yet you pick one fucking sentence and it's stupid?

Yeah, I'm done.

Elder Iptuous

Huh,  it's stupid of me to get in the middle of this, but...
Khara's comment struck me as abrasive, too, but i took it as intentional snark with some tongue in cheek dark humor.
if i took it at face value, i might comment that it is depressingly negative, and circular, but saying it is stupid?
Trip, I have viewed you as a fairly diplomatic fellow, so this strikes me as odd.
i'm wondering if there is a language or cultural gap here...
the (unfortunate) implication when you call something someone says 'stupid', is that the person their self  is stupid.  even though we all know that we all say stupid (to mean that it doesn't make sense) things, the insulting association to the speaker is pretty deeply ingrained in the word.

Iptuous,
untrained explosive ordinance technician

Triple Zero

Well, I think circular reasoning is pretty stupid? Is it not?

And when in addition it dumps on the entire premise of the thread, I don't quite see how writing "some actual decent shit" somehow excuses one from getting called on shitting on a thread like that.

-"how to change the world"
-"there is no hope because there is no hope because you cannot accomplish anything because you cannot accomplish anything"

That's just nasty. If it had just been stupid (circular) I'd have ignored it.

is "stupid" too strong a term for that?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 03:26:55 PM

And when in addition it dumps on the entire premise of the thread, I don't quite see how writing "some actual decent shit" somehow excuses one from getting called on shitting on a thread like that.

-"there is no hope because there is no hope because you cannot accomplish anything because you cannot accomplish anything"

I was not dumping on the entire thread and to imply that I was attempting to do anything of the sort is assinine.  I responded directly to what Freeky had said with what I thought was sarcasm, I understand now the difference between sarcasm and stupidity.

Thank you.

And still FUCK YOU! 

Elder Iptuous

i think it's just a misundersta-BOOM!
:sad:

Iptuous,
former untrained explosive ordinance technician

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Happy people are good to other people. Misery creates an ugly cycle. So, yeah, I agree 100%.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Out of Service on July 20, 2011, 03:30:50 PM

I was not dumping on the entire thread and to imply that I was attempting to do anything of the sort is assinine.  I responded directly to what Freeky had said with what I thought was sarcasm, I understand now the difference between sarcasm and stupidity.

Thank you.

And still FUCK YOU! 

Khara, I love you. I think you're awesome, and your volatility is an endearing part of what makes you who you are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on July 20, 2011, 06:14:53 PM

Thank you.

And still FUCK YOU! 

Khara, I love you. I think you're awesome, and your volatility is an endearing part of what makes you who you are.

I'm sorry, what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Payne

Quote from: Out of Service on July 20, 2011, 06:22:44 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 20, 2011, 06:14:53 PM

Thank you.

And still FUCK YOU! 

I'm sorry, what exactly is that supposed to mean?

"You gotta be you"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 02:50:49 PM

You can be a real asshole, sometimes.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

What do you think, stupid?
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

No, I don't think it is.

And I didn't detect the humor or sarcasm that supposedly was in Khara's post. If I twist my brain quite a bit, I can kind of see that intention, but it seems more like a simple shitty comment that was only rationalized as sarcasm after the fact.

If it was just a joke that was not intended to fuck up the thread, why not just concede it was badly presented and back down?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Pæs

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on July 21, 2011, 03:39:48 AM

No, I don't think it is.

And I didn't detect the humor or sarcasm that supposedly was in Khara's post. If I twist my brain quite a bit, I can kind of see that intention, but it seems more like a simple shitty comment that was only rationalized as sarcasm after the fact.

If it was just a joke that was not intended to fuck up the thread, why not just concede it was badly presented and back down?

You know what? Fuck you. You clearly just hate Khara.
Quote from: Payne on July 20, 2011, 06:59:56 PM
"You gotta be you"
And fuck you too. You two are what is wrong with this thread.
I'd tell Ippy to get fucked, too, if he hadn't exploded.

Also, Cram. You're a fucking Nazi, man. How's your burst of energy and motivation doing now, fuckstick?
Paes flounces.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cramulus on July 18, 2011, 04:35:18 PM
What I'd like to talk about:

• What ideas, expressed in their simplest form, would actually help make my world better?
  • Those "amplifiers" -- media systems -- what do they actually report on? What is the narrative behind the narrative? For example, the "Fixing Santorum's Google Problem" news articles were superficially about his failure on facebook, but the story behind the unspoken story is that the public has rejected him and he's incapable of regaining approval. Can we break this down into a general rule about media? IE, FAIL is more interesting than success? I'm interested in studying how exactly these systems work. Optimally, I bet we could come up with a flow chart to examine whether or not an event is "media worthy".

Another angle to approach this from is to work backwards from the desired outcome and then tailor the story to specific news outlets.

I'm finding the idea of something being "media worthy" as something a bit too big for me to aim at. Could we break that down into more manageable chunks of media?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A