News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Tennessee completes batshit process

Started by Adios, February 25, 2011, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on February 25, 2011, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:20:01 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:04:45 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:01:52 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 06:59:44 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
I would be all for if they widen it to include any law based on any religion  :lulz:

Ask any right-winger, ALL real AMERIKUN law is based on the Bible...

Of course, after all, without the Bible there are no morals.

If it wasn't for the Bible, we'd all still be in caves hitting each other with rocks for fun! I mean, hell, its not like there was civilization or anything before JEEBUS!

I have gotten very nearly that exact argument from people.  Seriously.

I know... me too.

I had a discussion with someone who was convinced that democracy came from Christianity. When I pointed out that Greece predated christianity... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece... and was surprised that democracy in Venice was predicated on the business men kicking out the Church.
:lulz: :lulz:
Ask her to find you ONE story in the Bible where the people decided to choose their own leaders or make their own laws and it worked out for the best. 

No one who has read, understood, and believes the Bible would think a representative government is a good idea.  Theocracy with a divinely appointed king or GTFO.

I actually know a person who thinks this is a good idea.

:horrormirth:
Hes a PHD in Chemistry too. How can people be so smart and so stupid at the same time?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Juana

There's a difference between a smart person and an educated fool.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

Quote from: Hover Cat on February 26, 2011, 03:03:39 AM
There's a difference between a smart person and an educated fool.
169% truth.

LMNO

The Less Wrong dude has a sequence about that.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

LMNO

It's scattered throughout. Google "overcoming bias" and "less wrong" and do some digging.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on February 25, 2011, 10:46:49 PM
Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on February 25, 2011, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:20:01 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 07:04:45 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 07:01:52 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 25, 2011, 06:59:44 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 25, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
I would be all for if they widen it to include any law based on any religion  :lulz:

Ask any right-winger, ALL real AMERIKUN law is based on the Bible...

Of course, after all, without the Bible there are no morals.

If it wasn't for the Bible, we'd all still be in caves hitting each other with rocks for fun! I mean, hell, its not like there was civilization or anything before JEEBUS!

I have gotten very nearly that exact argument from people.  Seriously.

I know... me too.

I had a discussion with someone who was convinced that democracy came from Christianity. When I pointed out that Greece predated christianity... she didn't even know that there was democracy in Greece... and was surprised that democracy in Venice was predicated on the business men kicking out the Church.
:lulz: :lulz:
Ask her to find you ONE story in the Bible where the people decided to choose their own leaders or make their own laws and it worked out for the best. 

No one who has read, understood, and believes the Bible would think a representative government is a good idea.  Theocracy with a divinely appointed king or GTFO.

Actually, I believe YHWH prefers a system of judges to kings.

1 Samuel 8 reads something like this:

Teh j00z: WE WANNA KING!

YHWH: You don't want a king.

Teh j00z: WE WANNA KING!

YHWH: You don't want a king.

Teh j00z: WE WANNA..

YHWH: FINE! HERE'S YOUR KING!   ENJOY!

YHWH: DON'T COME CRYING TO ME WHEN HE MAKES YOU ALL HIS BITCHES.

(edit -- poast fale)
:lulz:

Yeah, but He was pretty cool with it once David came along and wrote all that emo poetry for him, telling him how great he is over and over, and promised David that his kingdom would be established forever and that his family would always sit upon the throne, and that's why the current king of Israel can trace an unbroken line through the previous kings all the way back to David.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Da6s

*opens wallet*

*sees colorado license*

*smiles*

Over 5 months later and escaping still feels awesome.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Bruno

Quote from: Da6s on March 05, 2011, 10:41:50 AM
*opens wallet*

*sees colorado license*

*smiles*

Over 5 months later and escaping still feels awesome.

You are escaped from Tennessee?
Formerly something else...