News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Shit I used to work and live in LA, and I never visited.  Will have to amend this when I'm next up there.

hooplala

Quote from: Rev. Dr. Narot on November 19, 2010, 08:27:08 AM
It's a front "human rights organization", paid and stayed by the Church of Scientology, to save humanity from the evils of psychiatry, and guide them towards Xenu. There's actually a few fun exhibits, such as a hands on "electro-convulsive-therapy" machine, torture tools of the trade, top secret US government mind control research documents, and the kicker, a live, viewable telephone helpline for victims of psychiatry / future slaves to L. Ron...

I don't think you quite get Scientology's purpose... and for this I salute you.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2010, 07:08:35 PM
Quote from: Rev. Dr. Narot on November 19, 2010, 08:27:08 AM
It's a front "human rights organization", paid and stayed by the Church of Scientology, to save humanity from the evils of psychiatry, and guide them towards Xenu. There's actually a few fun exhibits, such as a hands on "electro-convulsive-therapy" machine, torture tools of the trade, top secret US government mind control research documents, and the kicker, a live, viewable telephone helpline for victims of psychiatry / future slaves to L. Ron...

I don't think you quite get Scientology's purpose... and for this I salute you.

OK, I had some drinks, inform of the evils of Xenu, and his ancient atomic bomb / soul unleashing chaos. I have read that OT3 junk on a few occasions, BUT, only prior to actually going to a few of these places, meeting some Scientologists, and seeing it on Hollywood Blvd. (free e-meter "body thetan extractions"). Flatly, it makes me feel sick inside, and freaked out to even think about it. I just imagine the faces of these auditors, desperate to get those trapped souls out of me, and my brain feels like its exploding.

:ohnotache:
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Don Coyote

Don Coyote

That the mental power mouse thing? :lulz:

Telarus

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 22, 2010, 12:45:03 AM
That the mental power mouse thing? :lulz:

++VR Goggles.

HOLYSHIT
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

Cigar smoking man's Mate kinda reminds me of someone, but I just can't put my finger on it.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

While I am glad to discover that I can actually grow one of these things, I think the facial hair's gotta go on December 1st.

A lot of the comments I've been getting have been along the lines of "It doesn't look... so terrible."

I think a proper trimmer would probably help it out, but it's a bit late in the experiment to go buy one.

Don Coyote

a pair of scissors and a comb is too much?

Cramulus

no, it's too late in the experiment for it to make a difference

Pope Pixie Pickle

pssht. The Beardological Society demand the following-

That you trim that thing.

and secondly, that it stays.

good beard needs DEDICATION,  i tell thee.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would highly recommend shaving the goatee part. For various reasons. The moustache is lovely, and even the soul patch could stay, but the beard... overall effect is heavily influenced by that thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Waiting for LMNO "Twelve-Stepper" PhD to come along and tell us how we can all quit our facial hair, one day at a time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

Hey. Quitters never win, man.
   /
:hippie:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 05:04:33 PM
Waiting for LMNO "Twelve-Stepper" PhD to come along and tell us how we can all quit our facial hair, one day at a time.

He didn't so much quit as get silently shave - assaulted by a razor - weidling femme fatale.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat