News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Are you sure?

Started by Adios, August 27, 2010, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Are you sure there is no such things as ghosts?
Are you sure the paranormal doesn't exist?
Will you mock me for knowing otherwise?
Have fun then.

You have not seen. You have not experienced. You choose to not accept such things.  Pleas feel free to mock me. I know the site I post this and I expect it. Please continue along in your certainty that such things simply don't exist because you have never experienced them.

But remember to not come to me when you do. I will not have sympathy or understanding for you, as you have not had for me.

Fly away in your certainty. Enjoy that. I wish to hell I could.

Don Coyote

I will leave this sitting here.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1. Scene V abt. 1601

I think that should say where I stand on the matter.

Adios

Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 05:27:36 AM
I will leave this sitting here.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1. Scene V abt. 1601

I think that should say where I stand on the matter.

It's pretty ambigious.

Don Coyote

I agree with you.

Now I don't immediately jump to the 'omg paranormal' reasons, but I've seen and felt things.

Nephew Twiddleton

I believe you Charley.

Just out of curiousity, is this going to make it into LoN? Cuz it sounds like it could be pretty good.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 05:36:07 AM
I agree with you.

Now I don't immediately jump to the 'omg paranormal' reasons, but I've seen and felt things.

So have I. Anyone who decides we are wrong is no different than those who spout shit because Rush said it. Just because they haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on August 27, 2010, 05:41:05 AM
I believe you Charley.

Just out of curiousity, is this going to make it into LoN? Cuz it sounds like it could be pretty good.

Yes it will. Spooky shit all the way.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 05:42:59 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on August 27, 2010, 05:41:05 AM
I believe you Charley.

Yes it will. Spooky shit all the way.

Awesome!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Thurnez Isa

1) no, but find it unlikely
2) Question too vague
3) believing, of course not.... "knowing", possibly

You can't rail against "certainty" then you claim you "know". You can say "this what I believe I saw, but claiming certainty on something like this is a little much.

I hope you understand what I mean. I wish I could phrase this better... my mind is extremely jumbled tonight, as it was earlier today, for reasons I rather not discus.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 27, 2010, 05:47:42 AM
2) Question too vague

You can't rail against "certainty" then you claim you "know". You can say "this what I believe I saw, but claiming certainty on something like this is a little much.

I hope you understand what I mean. I wish I could phrase this better... my mind is extremely jumbled tonight, as it was earlier today, for reasons I rather not discus.

I saw what I saw, whether you agree with it or not. I have seen things more than once, but then afain, I am not a close minded person.

Phox

Maybe it isn't my place to speak up, but I most certainly believe that you have seen things. I have seen and felt many things in my short time. I have felt the presence of pure evil, and its the only time in my life when I was truly terrified. It was this experience that convinced me that there are two things in this world of ours at least that certainly exist, true evil... and a soul.

Adios

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on August 27, 2010, 05:56:06 AM
Maybe it isn't my place to speak up, but I most certainly believe that you have seen things. I have seen and felt many things in my short time. I have felt the presence of pure evil, and its the only time in my life when I was truly terrified. It was this experience that convinced me that there are two things in this world of ours at least that certainly exist, true evil... and a soul.

Tank you. Continue to keep your mind open to possibilities.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've seen ghosts. I don't know what they are, but I know something exists that fits the description of "ghost". I was a diehard skeptic, too, until I moved into this house.

I haven't seen them since the remodel. I really have no theories about this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 05:50:20 AM
2) Question too vague

I saw what I saw, whether you agree with it or not. I have seen things more than once, but then afain, I am not a close minded person.

I hate typing this cause it so stock....

I have not seen, or read of any evidence to convince me that spirits, or ghosts, which are undocumented and outside of the realms of study, exist.
If evidence comes along then I would say something could be likely.
That is not being closed minded.

Plus I don't know what you saw so I am in no position to have any opinion of it.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 27, 2010, 06:04:01 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 27, 2010, 05:50:20 AM
2) Question too vague

I hate typing this cause it so stock....

I have not seen, or read of any evidence to convince me that spirits, or ghosts, which are undocumented and outside of the realms of study, exist.
If evidence comes along then I would say something could be likely.
That is not being closed minded.

Plus I don't know what you saw so I am in no position to have any opinion of it.

Not to be hurtful, but your opinion has no meaning to me on this topic. If you ever experience any of this, then perhaps it will. I am not bound by your lack of experience. Instead I am influenced by the experiences I have personally had.