News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Might nip off to villagers work holiday party at some point but im otherwise here til 7 ish. At which point i must go to copley and show manager of a bar and grille some receipts and say give me mah monay!

Other than that i dont understand why electronic music instrumentals insist on being so goddamn tedious. :turns off raidio na gaeltachta:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 09:13:28 PM
OIC.

Sorry for the TMI. Reading PD makes me think and I don't really pay attention to what I type or how much I over-share 'cuz I'm busy thinking about stuff.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

Oh, no worries CPD! :) Not TMI at all, lol. I just wasn't sure how to respond, lol. My default when that happens is "OIC". :lol:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 09:47:16 PM
Oh, no worries CPD! :) Not TMI at all, lol. I just wasn't sure how to respond, lol. My default when that happens is "OIC". :lol:

Mine is 'cool beans'. I have no idea where I picked it up.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

I had a chemistry teaching in high school who used that one. :lulz: I'm rather fond of it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mangrove

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on December 13, 2012, 09:28:14 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:55:28 PM
Lol, a pizza tax slice? I kind of love it. What'd you get a degree in?

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

I keep meaning to go back, but I'm broke and lazy.

Did it work?  :wink:

I went to work with a silly 'Santa loves me' badge that I found on Mrs Mang's bookcase. Think she got it at J C Penny. Anyway, someone sees the badge and says "Hey, that looks really cool...what does it say?" She squints to look and reads it "Santa loves me!"

I look at her quizzically and say "Santa? I thought it said Satan. I was given this by a coven of dyslexic devil worshippers."

My work colleague fell about laughing, but the woman concerned failed to get the Santa/Satan gag and didn't know what dyslexic meant. Joke roont.

Aww. No it didn't by the time they got to PA I was halfway to Iowa and by the time I got to Iowa, they decided I'd run off and joined a cult and thus my soul is forfeit forever. :P My mom still sends me an e-mail once in awhile to tell me if I don't get baptized I'm going to hell. So I send her one back reminding her that I baptized myself with some home-made holy water and not to worry, the forest spirits will shelter my soul when this fleshy prison can no longer contain my soul.  :lulz:

According to my priestly friend, anyone is entitled to perform a baptism. As long as it includes water, marking the cross and the phrase 'Father, Son & Holy Spirit/Ghost' it counts. [I'm less sure about saying 'Big Daddy, Junior & The Spook' but I can always ask him this weekend.]

I don't whether this will satisfy your mother, but as far as my seminary trained gnostic friend is concerned, you are good to go.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Quote from: Mangrove on December 13, 2012, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on December 13, 2012, 09:28:14 PM

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

Did it work?  :wink:

I went to work with a silly 'Santa loves me' badge that I found on Mrs Mang's bookcase. Think she got it at J C Penny. Anyway, someone sees the badge and says "Hey, that looks really cool...what does it say?" She squints to look and reads it "Santa loves me!"

I look at her quizzically and say "Santa? I thought it said Satan. I was given this by a coven of dyslexic devil worshippers."

My work colleague fell about laughing, but the woman concerned failed to get the Santa/Satan gag and didn't know what dyslexic meant. Joke roont.

Aww. No it didn't by the time they got to PA I was halfway to Iowa and by the time I got to Iowa, they decided I'd run off and joined a cult and thus my soul is forfeit forever. :P My mom still sends me an e-mail once in awhile to tell me if I don't get baptized I'm going to hell. So I send her one back reminding her that I baptized myself with some home-made holy water and not to worry, the forest spirits will shelter my soul when this fleshy prison can no longer contain my soul.  :lulz:

According to my priestly friend, anyone is entitled to perform a baptism. As long as it includes water, marking the cross and the phrase 'Father, Son & Holy Spirit/Ghost' it counts. [I'm less sure about saying 'Big Daddy, Junior & The Spook' but I can always ask him this weekend.]

I don't whether this will satisfy your mother, but as far as my seminary trained gnostic friend is concerned, you are good to go.

I didn't use the cross or father, son, stuff; I'm afraid. I'm a pagan. I called upon the Goddess :P Then I used the holy water to asperge my bedroom and water the plants. I told my mom the rest to drive her crazy. I was 19 at the time. It worked like a champ.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was gonna put all my euro charm beads online, but I ended up mostly fucking off instead, and now I have just enough time to do my shipping and then it's time to go take the foster kids I'm coaching bowling.

I guess I can do it this weekend.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

:lulz: That's hilarious, CPD.

Whelp, I did exactly three things on my to-do list, all of which require practically no effort. I need to step on this shit. Food and reading, in that order.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Financial aid, dawg.

You'll probably make as much as you do now, and sure you have to pay most of it back, but the upside is that you'll be able to afford to.

Plus, way less bullshit to deal with. Your job sounds like it's full of idiots and ass. Not in a good way.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:17:53 PM

Financial aid, dawg.

You'll probably make as much as you do now, and sure you have to pay most of it back, but the upside is that you'll be able to afford to.

Plus, way less bullshit to deal with. Your job sounds like it's full of idiots and ass. Not in a good way.

Yeah. I don't qualify for a whole lot of aid since I'm a single, white, childless woman in Georgia but I'm looking into it. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:51:32 PM

I say that too, and I know exactly where it came from (although I don't know where the saying originates... I bet LMNO knows. It sounds like it might have something to do with big gay cowboys) because I worked in a coffee shop when I was 18, and we had these tins of chocolate and mint covered coffee beans called "cool beans". For some reason it was hilarious to pick up a tin and say "cool beans" in response to stuff. Hi-larious. I'll tell you.

It was actually not funny at all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 10:21:04 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:17:53 PM

Financial aid, dawg.

Yeah. I don't qualify for a whole lot of aid since I'm a single, white, childless woman in Georgia but I'm looking into it. :)

You should qualify for exactly the same level of aid that I'm getting. They don't give you more for being black or having kids. My single, childless, white male friend gets exactly, to the dollar, the same aid I get. We also get the Oregon Opportunity Grant, which is an extra $1000 per year for being poor. Whoo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Needless to say, that makes it significantly less easy for me to go to school than it makes it for him. :lol: But hey, I'm the one who decided to have kids BEFORE going to college.

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 10:21:18 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:51:32 PM

I say that too, and I know exactly where it came from (although I don't know where the saying originates... I bet LMNO knows. It sounds like it might have something to do with big gay cowboys) because I worked in a coffee shop when I was 18, and we had these tins of chocolate and mint covered coffee beans called "cool beans". For some reason it was hilarious to pick up a tin and say "cool beans" in response to stuff. Hi-larious. I'll tell you.

It was actually not funny at all.

That's no fun! People do that with 'sub sauce' at my work. It doesn't even make sense. O.o