News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cain

FINALLY, SOME NEW ANTI-MCCAIN WINGNUTTERY!

Not really.  Well, not yet.  But just wait.  I've been hearing about McCain went crazy in Vietnam is the modern day Manchurian Candidate (from the nuts at the National Review and ronpaul4president.com mostly) and now he has the backing of his former jailor at the Hanoi Hilton.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25418965/

QuoteHAIPHONG, Vietnam - John McCain has an unusual endorsement — from the Vietnamese jailer who says he held him captive for about five years as a POW and now considers him a friend.

"If I were an American voter, I would vote for Mr. John McCain," Tran Trong Duyet said Friday, sitting in his living room in the northern city of Haiphong, surrounded by black-and-white photos of a much younger version of himself and former Vietnam War prisoners.

The wingnuts are going to have a field day with this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on June 26, 2008, 05:30:41 PM
Oh its fascinating, until you have to live and work and play with those fuckers. I actually had to explain to half my D&D group that neither Obama nor Hillary are Communists nor Fascists.  *d4 to the forebrain*

I've been telling MY D&D group that they ARE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 26, 2008, 06:39:14 PM
The big problem is that there are always morons out there to spread the shit.

Case in point: A friend of mine is slowly turning into a republican conservative.  When I go and visit him, he actually uses Hannity and Limbaugh as citations and references.

He actually tried to say that if Obama became president, he would put Hillary on the Supreme Court.  And no, he wasn't joking.

Sounds like it's time for an intervention.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 27, 2008, 09:56:02 PM
I've actually taken to getting my election information from Fox News. Their bias, at least, is blatant and reliable, so I can just read between the lines. With CNN, I don't really know what they're trying to do sometimes.

And bloggers don't know anything.

Plus; it's not literature.

Cain

BREAKING: IF OBAMA IS ELECTED PRESIDENT, GANGS OF AIDS INFECTED GAY NEGROES WILL RAPE YOUR CHILDREN.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/KevinMcCullough/2008/06/29/why_obamas_condoms_dont_work

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on June 30, 2008, 02:27:18 PM
BREAKING: IF OBAMA IS ELECTED PRESIDENT, GANGS OF AIDS INFECTED GAY NEGROES WILL RAPE YOUR CHILDREN.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/KevinMcCullough/2008/06/29/why_obamas_condoms_dont_work

QuoteFor the last seven years Congressman Waxman has annually held up funding for abstinence - claiming it didn't work. Of course logical people everywhere are still scratching their heads at that one, because it is 100% scientifically provable that abstinence - when practiced is always 100% reliable.

People actually get away with writing shit like this?

Cain

LMNO

But is it literature?  And does it know all internet conventions?

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on June 30, 2008, 04:29:59 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 30, 2008, 02:27:18 PM

QuoteFor the last seven years Congressman Waxman has annually held up funding for abstinence - claiming it didn't work. Of course logical people everywhere are still scratching their heads at that one, because it is 100% scientifically provable that abstinence - when practiced is always 100% reliable.

People actually get away with writing shit like this?

Technically the sentence is correct, BUT the emphasis needs to be on the words when practiced.  The problem is that almost no one practices it.  And it has also been proven that keeping kids in the dark about sex is worse than telling them about their options.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

No, the sentence conflates "funding for abstinence programs" with "the act of abstaining".

These two statements are both true:

"Programs telling a teen not to have sex are not effective."

"100% Abstinence prevents teen pregnancy."

The rightwingasshat made up the strawman sentence "100% abstinence is not effective" out of the two above statements.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on June 29, 2008, 02:24:27 AM
FINALLY, SOME NEW ANTI-MCCAIN WINGNUTTERY!

Not really.  Well, not yet.  But just wait.  I've been hearing about McCain went crazy in Vietnam is the modern day Manchurian Candidate (from the nuts at the National Review and ronpaul4president.com mostly) and now he has the backing of his former jailor at the Hanoi Hilton.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25418965/

QuoteHAIPHONG, Vietnam - John McCain has an unusual endorsement — from the Vietnamese jailer who says he held him captive for about five years as a POW and now considers him a friend.

"If I were an American voter, I would vote for Mr. John McCain," Tran Trong Duyet said Friday, sitting in his living room in the northern city of Haiphong, surrounded by black-and-white photos of a much younger version of himself and former Vietnam War prisoners.

The wingnuts are going to have a field day with this.

The 'Have a buddy in the VC' didn't help Kerry. During the whole 'swiftboat' episode, a former VC said pretty much the same thing.

"Even though we were mortal enemies and were firing at each other all day....I'd still vote for him!"
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

nostalgicBadger

Quote from: LMNO on June 30, 2008, 02:23:26 PM
Quote from: nostalgicBadger on June 27, 2008, 09:56:02 PM
I've actually taken to getting my election information from Fox News. Their bias, at least, is blatant and reliable, so I can just read between the lines. With CNN, I don't really know what they're trying to do sometimes.

And bloggers don't know anything.

Plus; it's not literature.

stfuj
meh.

Sweeper137

Quote from: Dysnomia on June 26, 2008, 05:29:46 PM
I was going to shop something saying he's secretly white...but I found this instead.

u forgot to add the gats and a cadillac with 24s in the background but its close
Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system. ~P.J. O'Rourke