News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Swingers

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, May 24, 2015, 11:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on May 26, 2015, 01:12:20 AM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 26, 2015, 01:09:29 AM
Quote from: Meunster on May 26, 2015, 12:57:58 AM
So what exactly is a swinger?

Urban dictionary just says someone who sleeps around, but I didn't think there's communities of that.

Otherwise monogamous couples who like to have sex with other people. Differs from poly because it's pretty much just sex.

That's weird as fuck. How can you enjoy sex when it's with someone you just met?

Oh, there are swinger clubs, where everybody knows each other. And group sex, etc.

The rule is that you can't get emotionally attached to people other than your main partner. Just fuck them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 26, 2015, 01:35:55 AM

Urban dictionary just says someone who sleeps around, but I didn't think there's communities of that.

Otherwise monogamous couples who like to have sex with other people. Differs from poly because it's pretty much just sex.

That's weird as fuck. How can you enjoy sex when it's with someone you just met?

Oh, there are swinger clubs, where everybody knows each other. And group sex, etc.

The rule is that you can't get emotionally attached to people other than your main partner. Just fuck them.

Um, maybe it's just my view, but isn't sex without emotions even less pleasuring then masterbation?
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on May 26, 2015, 02:00:55 AM

Um, maybe it's just my view, but isn't sex without emotions even less pleasuring then masterbation?

Some people seem to be into that. Personally, I've tried it, and it just makes me feel weird and depressed. Like, sex is supposed to be a bonding thing for us humans, it's one of the things that it does naturally, and while it's possible to disconnect the chemical sensations from the person I'm having them with, it seems to be really not good for me psychologically at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 26, 2015, 03:01:22 AM

Some people seem to be into that. Personally, I've tried it, and it just makes me feel weird and depressed. Like, sex is supposed to be a bonding thing for us humans, it's one of the things that it does naturally, and while it's possible to disconnect the chemical sensations from the person I'm having them with, it seems to be really not good for me psychologically at all.
Fine, I think we're ready for that ridiculously over-consumed punch-line:  given how I'm not yet equipped to do better, the best I can be is a serial monogamist.  That is not to say polyamory beats swinging, I just want to figure how holy a threesome needs to be in order to count for either, or, how fast can I switch between partners before I no longer qualify for monogamy.  But there I go, lowering the bar again, right?  Just say the word and I'm out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LuciferX on May 26, 2015, 10:37:44 AM

Fine, I think we're ready for that ridiculously over-consumed punch-line:  given how I'm not yet equipped to do better, the best I can be is a serial monogamist.  That is not to say polyamory beats swinging, I just want to figure how holy a threesome needs to be in order to count for either, or, how fast can I switch between partners before I no longer qualify for monogamy.  But there I go, lowering the bar again, right?  Just say the word and I'm out.

What the fuck is even wrong with you? You just seem to be here to snipe at other people's  sexuality and relationship preferences. None of this has ANYTHING to do with "holiness" or monogamy being better than polyamory or any such shit, the whole conversation is about people violating other people's boundaries. Which you seem to be all about, given your posts in here. Fuck off.

Doktor Howl

Sorry to see this.  I was enjoying your recent period of lucidity.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 26, 2015, 02:01:41 PM

What the fuck is even wrong with you? You just seem to be here to snipe at other people's  sexuality and relationship preferences. None of this has ANYTHING to do with "holiness" or monogamy being better than polyamory or any such shit, the whole conversation is about people violating other people's boundaries. Which you seem to be all about, given your posts in here. Fuck off.

He was the only one who brought up monogamy being better. I don't even.

The Johnny

Just a small compilation for the lulz

1: I hate to say it, though it is abundantly clear, monogamy remains the path of least resistance to developing meaningful relationships.

2: Yea, I'm cool with a split too, however, the bolded is false beyond what you can conceive, Mnkay? :roll:

3: Really, honey, I think monogamy admits to more than that to which you or I may realize.

4: Right on.  The condescension is only proportional to the extent that you may have denigrated my understanding of the subject.

5: I tend to celebrate difference, and yes, that makes me quite alone.  For one, because monogamy admits the victory of love over any imaginary division we so delicately contrive.

6. Fine, I think we're ready for that ridiculously over-consumed punch-line:  given how I'm not yet equipped to do better, the best I can be is a serial monogamist.  That is not to say polyamory beats swinging, I just want to figure how holy a threesome needs to be in order to count for either, or, how fast can I switch between partners before I no longer qualify for monogamy.  But there I go, lowering the bar again, right?  Just say the word and I'm out.

Conclusion: I think its trying to communicate, what should we do?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Moar liek monotony, amirite?

minuspace

So, I love all the attention I'm getting (not really)...  In my experience, focusing on one partner at a time has yielded best results.  Even when a relationship was considered "open", one person (and probably both) would always end up feeling jealous when they had to share.  And that messed things up.  I don't know if that kind of possessiveness is just infantile egocentricity that can be overcome, or if it's hard-wired to lower parts of the brain.

It weird because on the one, just loving the one you are with would seem ideal, and on the other, if it's so good, why would one be afraid to share it?  Again, I think that matter should be one of free choice, but it hardly seems to be that way.  I blame the troubadours for extolling the virtue of everlasting romantic love as an attainable goal.  It's just toxic.  That being said, I served six (6) years of that sentence already and it's been driving me a little nuts, sometimes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on May 27, 2015, 12:42:34 AM
I blame the troubadours for extolling the virtue of everlasting romantic love as an attainable goal.  It's just toxic.

Go soak your head.  It's awesome.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think he's trying to shit on QG and I for not being monogamous, but it's really hard to tell.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 27, 2015, 03:53:07 PM
I think he's trying to shit on QG and I for not being monogamous, but it's really hard to tell.

On FB, I have people shit on me for being monogamous.  He makes about a much sense as they do.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Because it's never enough to be happy with how and who you fuck, you have to make sure everyone else is doing things your way too.

hooplala

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 27, 2015, 09:33:01 PM
Because it's never enough to be happy with how and who you fuck, you have to make sure everyone else is doing things your way too.

I think that's how religion started.  "Hey, god told me you can't stick it in her ass. He said it, not me."
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman