News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Khore in the Chapel Perilous

Started by Khore, December 14, 2011, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khore on December 14, 2011, 07:37:38 PM
"subhuman foreign whiners" you say... hm... to stupid to answer. I belived that Discordianism was a "superior" religion for clever people. Now im know that stupidity is the principal error of human being. The problem is that you dont know that we, ALL, are stupids and then whiners too. You think... what? you think? If you could speak spanish, i could loling hard with you but you cant :cry:

Sorry, we Americans only speak the language GOD gave to us.  We leave the monkey-jabbering for you offshore types.

I am impressed, though.  You speak English almost as if you actually understand what you're saying.  The more clever dolphins can give that illusion as well, or so I hear.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Khore

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khore on December 14, 2011, 07:48:08 PM
Hahaha, you funny too my friend.

Well, that's the whole trick behind Discordianism, isn't it?  Laugh until you can't stop screaming.  Laugh until your guts bleed.  Keep fucking laughing, but always remember this:  If you think it's just a joke, then you'll never get the fucking punchline.

Coming into Discordianism to get your head straight is like crawling out onto the highway to learn how to walk.  All that "chapel perilous" shit is emo garbage for waterheads and whiners.  If you're a FREAK and a MUTANT and a MONSTER, then YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE.  If you don't know who or what you are, then you are probably better off in counseling. 

Or not.  It's all the same to me if you're partying in the club car, or standing on the tracks.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2011, 07:40:12 PM
"subhuman foreign whiners" you say... hm... to stupid to answer. I belived that Discordianism was a "superior" religion for clever people. Now im know that stupidity is the principal error of human being. The problem is that you dont know that we, ALL, are stupids and then whiners too. You think... what? you think? If you could speak spanish, i could loling hard with you but you cant :cry:

Sorry, we Americans only speak the language GOD gave to us.  We leave the monkey-jabbering for you offshore types.

I am impressed, though.  You speak English almost as if you actually understand what you're saying.  The more clever dolphins can give that illusion as well, or so I hear.

I'm pretty sure that if I can barely tell whether or not you're being serious here, there's no way someone who isn't a native English speaker is going to pick up on the potential sarcasm/intentionally over-the-top humor. Not telling you what to do or say, just pointing out that this sort of response, if misinterpreted, is unlikely to make non-English speaking discordians look favorably on us or even bother to take the time to figure out what we're all about here. It would be a shame if we ended up alienating a huge percentage of the world's potential bipeds just because we can't adjust or tone down our particular brand of humorous assholishness long enough for them to understand WHY we're like that.

I know that if I went to a mostly spanish-speaking discordian forum and tried to join the dialogue only to be told that I was a subhuman foreigner that didn't speak god's intended language, I might not be able to understand the underlying nuance in a language not my own, and probably wouldn't bother sticking around long enough to figure it out.

Just sayin'.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Khore

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2011, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: Khore on December 14, 2011, 07:48:08 PM
Hahaha, you funny too my friend.

Well, that's the whole trick behind Discordianism, isn't it?  Laugh until you can't stop screaming.  Laugh until your guts bleed.  Keep fucking laughing, but always remember this:  If you think it's just a joke, then you'll never get the fucking punchline.

Coming into Discordianism to get your head straight is like crawling out onto the highway to learn how to walk.  All that "chapel perilous" shit is emo garbage for waterheads and whiners.  If you're a FREAK and a MUTANT and a MONSTER, then YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE.  If you don't know who or what you are, then you are probably better off in counseling. 

Or not.  It's all the same to me if you're partying in the club car, or standing on the tracks.
Only a few words:

The use of E-Prime cancel your curse.
Chapel Perilous is real, and is as real as the ego or your mother.

Believe me, is real. And you have your reality tunnel and i have my reality tunnel. Dont worry, be happy. Ok?

Freeky

That picture makes me laugh so hard.  :lulz: 

Khore

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 14, 2011, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2011, 07:40:12 PM

Sorry, we Americans only speak the language GOD gave to us.  We leave the monkey-jabbering for you offshore types.

I am impressed, though.  You speak English almost as if you actually understand what you're saying.  The more clever dolphins can give that illusion as well, or so I hear.

I'm pretty sure that if I can barely tell whether or not you're being serious here, there's no way someone who isn't a native English speaker is going to pick up on the potential sarcasm/intentionally over-the-top humor. Not telling you what to do or say, just pointing out that this sort of response, if misinterpreted, is unlikely to make non-English speaking discordians look favorably on us or even bother to take the time to figure out what we're all about here. It would be a shame if we ended up alienating a huge percentage of the world's potential bipeds just because we can't adjust or tone down our particular brand of humorous assholishness long enough for them to understand WHY we're like that.

I know that if I went to a mostly spanish-speaking discordian forum and tried to join the dialogue only to be told that I was a subhuman foreigner that didn't speak god's intended language, I might not be able to understand the underlying nuance in a language not my own, and probably wouldn't bother sticking around long enough to figure it out.

Just sayin'.

TRUTH. I confuse, i dont know if "The Good Reverend Roger" is kidding, or, if he is serious.
I think he has a lot of anger.

LMNO

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Khore, TGRR is probably the all-time world champion of assholishness (and I say that as a measure of respect and admiration) but he is the furthest thing from a bigot or a xenophobe.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

True enough, but that's hardly a reason to run off people who want to be part of this place without giving them any time at all to understand how we roll.

I mean, if we're only interested in people who already get it immediately upon arriving here then we're pretty much fucked.

Khore

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 14, 2011, 08:22:01 PM
Khore, TGRR is probably the all-time world champion of assholishness (and I say that as a measure of respect and admiration) but he is the furthest thing from a bigot or a xenophobe.
Thanks for the info. As i guess, he is only "joking" hehe

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 14, 2011, 08:30:36 PM
True enough, but that's hardly a reason to run off people who want to be part of this place without giving them any time at all to understand how we roll.

I mean, if we're only interested in people who already get it immediately upon arriving here then we're pretty much fucked.

I've been waiting for the "you aren't being nice" moment all morning.

Here's the thing; this entire forum consists 99% of people calling each other on their shit.

If someone shows up full of shit, and isn't called on it or can't handle being called on it, how does anyone benefit?

If this guy can stick it out long enough to become a regular, he's probably someone people here want to know. If not... well, there's totse2.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."