News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

16 year old girl threatened with rape for challenging Bachmann.

Started by Suu, May 25, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
Who's excusing anybody? I'm just surprised that people being assholes on the internet is even news. Internet comments are cheap and people say the most vile shit possible when they're anonymous... But if the person they're responding to is 16, you have the opportunity to GET OUTRAGED AND MAN THE HARPOONS. If being 16 really shields you from assholes, then we should all being posting as 16 year old girls.  :lol:

It was verified precisely who she is, by CNN.

But okay.  I'm going to take this new paradigm and run with it.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

A few articles say that the comments she's talking about were posted on Tea Party blogs.

Them, I'm not gonna sludge through.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 25, 2011, 09:32:42 PM
A few articles say that the comments she's talking about were posted on Tea Party blogs.

Them, I'm not gonna sludge through.

Who cares?  Blatant intimidation is now part of the political process again!  We haven't had THAT in 50 years...And it's not even restricted to race!  It's anyone you disagree with.

I am SO DOWN with this.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't really understand how "people are assholes on the internet" makes it so we shouldn't criticize or condemn people who to threaten to rape a young teenager because of her political beliefs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
Who's excusing anybody? I'm just surprised that people being assholes on the internet is even news. Internet comments are cheap and people say the most vile shit possible when they're anonymous... But if the person they're responding to is 16, you have the opportunity to GET OUTRAGED AND MAN THE HARPOONS. If being 16 really shields you from assholes, then we should all being posting as 16 year old girls.  :lol:

I threaten to rape 16 year old girls all the time.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2011, 09:36:13 PM
I don't really understand how "people are assholes on the internet" makes it so we shouldn't criticize or condemn people who to threaten to rape a young teenager because of her political beliefs.

BECAUSE YOU

Are hopelessly 20th Century in your thinking

AND

It's all in good fun.

I am going to use this idea in the next election.  I'm willing to bet that I can stir up some GOOD antics on the North side.

The Good Reverend Roger

All I have to do is look up the law on "inciting a riot", and make sure MY actions stay on this side of the line.

POPCORN FOR EVERYBODY!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

IT'S GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE!
                          \
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

It's interesting .. we've seen a few stories like this in the last year, haven't we? Jessi Slaughter and Rebecca Black come to mind. It's like we haven't collectively established the appropriate response for a child being super annoying on the internet.

I agree that it's badwrong to troll kids, especially threaten them with violence. I also think that regardless of age, when you post something controversial on the net, you should be prepared for the fallout. (please do not read that as excusing people for being rude to kids) People were real jerks to Jessi Slaughter, but on the other side of the coin, she also shouldn't have told anonymous that she was going to "pop a glock in your mouth and make a brain slushee." This is why I wish there was a course in elementary schools about how to use the Internet and how to relate to the Internet.

@Nigel: I did not say we shouldn't criticize or condemn people

Luna

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2011, 09:44:41 PM
It's interesting .. we've seen a few stories like this in the last year, haven't we? Jessi Slaughter and Rebecca Black come to mind. It's like we haven't collectively established the appropriate response for a child being super annoying on the internet.

I agree that it's badwrong to troll kids, especially threaten them with violence. I also think that regardless of age, when you post something controversial on the net, you should be prepared for the fallout. (please do not read that as excusing people for being rude to kids) People were real jerks to Jessi Slaughter, but on the other side of the coin, she also shouldn't have told anonymous that she was going to "pop a glock in your mouth and make a brain slushee." This is why I wish there was a course in elementary schools about how to use the Internet and how to relate to the Internet.

@Nigel: I did not say we shouldn't criticize or condemn people

No joke.  The crap I see some of the kids I know post on Facebook alone is enough to make me cringe.  (You're JOB HUNTING, you think they're not gonna CHECK?  Learn to privacy, idiot.)

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Wait.

A 16 year old attempting to take part in the political process is the same as Rebecca Black?

Well, here's the payoff:  She won't do it again, will she?  Lesson learned.  Open your mouth, live in fear.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 25, 2011, 09:48:30 PM

Wait.

A 16 year old attempting to take part in the political process is the same as Rebecca Black?

Well, here's the payoff:  She won't do it again, will she?  Lesson learned.  Open your mouth, live in fear.

Yeah, that seems like a stunningly inappropriate comparison.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 25, 2011, 09:48:30 PM

Wait.

Reference was to a wild rumor that Rebecca Black (who is, IIRC, 13) is pregnant, with all the assorted name-calling that would bring out in the uptight.

Lately the violent rhetoric amongst the base in the right has become more pronounced. Bad Cop has been particularly vitriolic as of late.

The Good Reverend Roger

And I hope this is a lesson to all the other 16 year olds out there:

Shut up.  Don't get involved.  Keep your head down...The nail that sticks up gets the hammer.

Because that's what America™ is all about, and I - for one - applaud this.  We don't need random citizens jamming their stupid faces in our government, do we?  No, we elected them, and they can do whatever they want, and shouldn't have to take any guff from some pimple-faced retard who just took a "civics" class.