News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

I'm at Oz Kink Fest, ask me anything

Started by Placid Dingo, September 19, 2011, 02:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I was going to write up some stuff, just because I find alt cultures interesting.

But I figured I'd leave it here instead to avoid tmi and see if anyone actually gives a shit.

I've done three interesting courses: rope basics; erotic writing and a discussion circle on Polyamory.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Kurt Christ

Go ahead and write it up. Spoiler it if you really think it'll get under folks' skins, but it's not like we don't get our share of weird here to begin with.
How was the erotic writing course?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

East Coast Hustle

this sounds utterly disgusting, and not in a good way.

I mean, these things are all great in concept but it's been my experience that the kind of people that go to things like swinger parties and sex clubs and kinkfests are all hideous and should only ever be viewed naked by other people that are equally hideous.

Basically, the pretty people don't have to go to big events to seek out partners, because partners seek them out.

That said, if you learned any knots that are more useful for that sort of thing than the basic bowline I might be interested in them.

ECH,
discriminating against hideous "poly" people since 1995
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 19, 2011, 03:10:45 AM
I mean, these things are all great in concept but it's been my experience that the kind of people that go to things like swinger parties and sex clubs and kinkfests are all hideous and should only ever be viewed naked by other people that are equally hideous.

:cry:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Iptuous on September 19, 2011, 03:24:46 AM

:cry:

He said people, Ippie.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Kurt Christ on September 19, 2011, 02:52:40 AM
Go ahead and write it up. Spoiler it if you really think it'll get under folks' skins, but it's not like we don't get our share of weird here to begin with.
How was the erotic writing course?

Course was good. I really haven't read a lot of erotic fiction so it was useful. The one thing they did a really good job in emphasizing was that the sex scene had a very specific function of developing or reveling facets of your characters, or producing a meaningful change in plot. That if you take out the sex, the work shouldnt make sense any more. It should be fundamental.

I can't do small ideas, so I've got novel size work coming out of this. Maybe a nanofailmo.

Placid Dingo

this sounds utterly disgusting, and not in a good way.

Basically, the pretty people don't have to go to big events to seek out partners, because partners seek them out.

That said, if you learned any knots that are more useful for that sort of thing than the basic bowline I might be interested in them.

ECH,

Knots; I didn't get much of super value. I'm pretty new to rigging so I'm gettIng the basics down, and learning the jargon.

I'm here with DingoGF, so I'm not really seeking any 'action'. That said, as I understand it, there's parties as part of the festival with performance but no play (kinky stuff, spankings etc). Also, at private parties in this area, generally the rule is there is kink OR sex allowed, but not both. Regardless we're not off to any parties that I know of. Just going to a lot of courses that teach basic techniques etc, or discussions. Possibly also to the markets, but there's enough places to buy relevant paraphernalia that there's not much point.

Placid Dingo

The rope course was interesting. I did a course with a guy called Hajime Kinoko while I was in Japan (he's On youtube) and he was very specifically about the techniques used to do one kind of semichallenging tie. This course though really stepped away from technique an explored ideas of energy in relation to rope, the manipulation of mood through the psychology of rope. They use a lot of Eastern ideas like chi, maai (間合い a kendo concept based on striking distance). Basic safety was covered, how not to fuck up someone's nerves etc.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Don Coyote

DON'T YOU REMEMBER THE THE CRACKER WARS??????????????? :x :x :x :x :x :x

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Faust on September 19, 2011, 10:08:46 AM

ECH,

And now I understand where my innate dislike of crackers comes from. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 19, 2011, 09:54:34 AM
The rope course was interesting. I did a course with a guy called Hajime Kinoko while I was in Japan (he's On youtube) and he was very specifically about the techniques used to do one kind of semichallenging tie. This course though really stepped away from technique an explored ideas of energy in relation to rope, the manipulation of mood through the psychology of rope. They use a lot of Eastern ideas like chi, maai (間合い a kendo concept based on striking distance). Basic safety was covered, how not to fuck up someone's nerves etc.

Sounds fairly interesting, that bit. If you end up learning any knots or other specific technical info and feel like sharing, please do. Feel free to PM me if you think it's either too technically specific or too TMI for the forum at large.

Placid Dingo

Just came back from an Impact Play course. Got to see a handful of different spanking techniques applies an pay around with using different whips. It takes a lot of energy to swing one properly. Again the interesting thing for me was the psychology of the action; they said that if you increase your partners stress they will feel the pain less intensely. If you increase their fear/anxiety (in the given example, by using an inturruoted or unpredictable pattern of hitting) they will experience the pain with greater intensity.

The Polyamory discussion was valuable, largely from the perspective that it's taken me a long time to understand sOme basic things about relationships, specifically, you respond to and work with the emotions in a relationship whether they technically make sense or not. Contextually this was about jealousy but it was a good general point. Also discussed the difficulties presented with setting rules (speakers very against hard rules) and how most issues are able to be dealt with if the intentions behind an action were correct.

Erotic writing was great. Introduced to my first taste of Anais Nin. The main point made was that your story shouldn't make sense without the sex; it should represent an integral part of the plot or character development. I have a good thing starting with this. Anyway I think one of these overviews is me repeating myself.

One more course, and then possibly a play party and I'm done.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM
Just came back from an Impact Play course. Got to see a handful of different spanking techniques applies an pay around with using different whips. It takes a lot of energy to swing one properly. Again the interesting thing for me was the psychology of the action; they said that if you increase your partners stress they will feel the pain less intensely. If you increase their fear/anxiety (in the given example, by using an inturruoted or unpredictable pattern of hitting) they will experience the pain with greater intensity.

could you expand on that?  in the context of spanking, i would think that the stress one experiences is the fear/anxiety.
surely, they don't mean that if you want to tone down the pain a notch, you should remind the recipient that he or she has a large report due at their work tomorrow?   :lol:

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Iptuous on September 19, 2011, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM

could you expand on that?  in the context of spanking, i would think that the stress one experiences is the fear/anxiety.
surely, they don't mean that if you want to tone down the pain a notch, you should remind the recipient that he or she has a large report due at their work tomorrow?   :lol:

Hah. He didn't expand on the definition of stress, but I think he may have been referring to the sense of being stressed by being hit as a kind of ordeal.

Whereas the anxiety is very specifically to do with creating a sense of uncertainty by hitting with an inconsistent and unpredictable pattern.

Hitting cold (so hitting with force immediately instead of easing your partner into it) is an example of high stress, which will offer some of this feel good chemicals to reduce the pain.

Whereas even with a kind warm up, a partner hit with no pattern and no sense of the timing or force of the coming hit will be anxious and may experience the same pain at a higher perceived intensity.