News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I forgot, once again, that posting a vent on Facebook is the best way to get reams of unsolicited and usually irritating advice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2014, 08:36:38 PM
I forgot, once again, that posting a vent on Facebook is the best way to get reams of unsolicited and usually irritating advice.

Well, when that happens, I usually...

TGRR,
Suicidal on his GOOD days.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2014, 08:25:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 07, 2014, 04:33:07 PM
Also I don't know how to tell these glass people that I am not interested in their shit anymore.

QuoteDEAR GLASS PEOPLE:

The Bead Wife has changed careers.  Her new career depends on her devoting herself 100% to her education.  As such, she has no time for writing tutorials...And even if she did, the idea of a deadline is laughable unless she is being paid to create said tutorial.  The very fact that you believe that putting a deadline on any part of her life without a prior agreement and compensation indicates that to you, she is a resource and not a person.  This being the case, I would respectfully suggest that you "find anotha sucka", as the kids say these days.

For I am a worldly man, and me and the kids are "tight like that".

However, you and The Bead Wife are NOT "tight like that", and your behavior is offensive as hell.  If you want a tutorial, YOU go write it.  As for The Bead Wife, she's busy and doesn't need your shit.

Venomously Yours,
The Good Reverend Roger
acting in the capacity of The Bead Wife's Spiritual Advisor

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I like to think of myself as a public service.

Also, I wanted to write more Kitty Parson today, but then everything at work went all weird and it took far longer than I thought to throw Filthy Assistant under the bus.

:(

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 08:55:50 PM
Also I don't know how to tell these glass people that I am not interested in their shit anymore.

QuoteDEAR GLASS PEOPLE:

The Bead Wife has changed careers.  Her new career depends on her devoting herself 100% to her education.  As such, she has no time for writing tutorials...And even if she did, the idea of a deadline is laughable unless she is being paid to create said tutorial.  The very fact that you believe that putting a deadline on any part of her life without a prior agreement and compensation indicates that to you, she is a resource and not a person.  This being the case, I would respectfully suggest that you "find anotha sucka", as the kids say these days.

However, you and The Bead Wife are NOT "tight like that", and your behavior is offensive as hell.  If you want a tutorial, YOU go write it.  As for The Bead Wife, she's busy and doesn't need your shit.

Venomously Yours,
The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I wanted to write more Kitty Parson today, but then everything at work went all weird and it took far longer than I thought to throw Filthy Assistant under the bus.

I'm sorry to hear you only had time for work-related activities during your workhours.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 08:55:50 PM

QuoteDEAR GLASS PEOPLE:

Venomously Yours,
The Good Reverend Roger

Awwww.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

On the other hand, the 17th...

You ever see movies, where there's a corporate heavy who shows up and causes all manner of trouble?

That's me, a week from Monday. I am going to Ohio to deliver threats of Doom to the manufacturer of the jet mill that's been causing us so much trouble.  And while I know that I will be shot by the hero or eaten by an alien before it's all over, I shall enjoy my status as The Villain until that occurs.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have suddenly rediscovered a love for my job.

I haven't felt this gleeful in YEARS...Especially after the conversation that led up to this.  My boss just went full Sith.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 10:29:01 PM

You ever see movies, where there's a corporate heavy who shows up and causes all manner of trouble?

That's me, a week from Monday. I am going to Ohio to deliver threats of Doom to the manufacturer of the jet mill that's been causing us so much trouble.  And while I know that I will be shot by the hero or eaten by an alien before it's all over, I shall enjoy my status as The Villain until that occurs.

:lulz:

Aucoq

QuoteDEAR GLASS PEOPLE:

Venomously Yours,
The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Correction:  Hannover, MA, not Ohio.  Easy mistake, anyone could have done it.  :lulz:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 08, 2014, 04:14:28 AM

Correction:  Hannover, MA, not Ohio.  Easy mistake, anyone could have done it.  :lulz:

I know when I lived in PA I confused the two states all the time. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They're practically the same thing!  :lol:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Get to work, the new kid has fucked up the register and the mid-shifter is all WTFBBQEXPLODEY from trying to keep new kid from actually setting the store and/or the customers on fire. Mid-shifter fills me in, says we're good on everything, goes home to beer and a good cry, poor guy is gonna snap. I get slammed and find out we're out of a bunch of stuff, including the daily special. I laughed and texted my boss. His fuck-up, he opened. He blames me and stops answering my texts when I tell him what else we are out of. I have to tell him what we're out of because he's the only one who can authorize getting stuff from other stores and/or buying it somewhere. So I slog through the night falling farther and farther behind because we're packed and I keep having to stop to find stuff or substitutes for stuff we are out of. The customers love this. My boss randomly decided instead of closing at 10pm, I was closing at 11pm. He told me this at 9:30pm. Whatever, I'll be late with clean-up anyway.

Douche-canoe parks his Lexus across three parking spots in front of my store, and a party takes up the rest of the parking. I don't see another customer from 9:30, on. Gave me time to clean all the shit no one else ever cleans. Mopped up. Drawer came out over. I said fuck it and went home anyway.

Tomorrow we do it again. :D

At least no one finger-painted with shit on the toilets this time.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Eater of Clowns

FUCKS SAKE THAT PUTS ME IN THE BLAST ZONE
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Bleh, 12 hour shift over.  I don't feel half as tired as I did 4 hours ago...I'm going to blame adrenaline, from riding back.  I probably should really get some sleep though...