News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Peeving

Started by LMNO, December 01, 2014, 01:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'd like to suggest a new word, or at least a standing definition of a word, to be used (if so desired) at PD.

"Peeving" v. A post where the author is frustrated, annoyed, and generally aggravated about a minor behavior or situation of a personal nature.  The post is most often hyperbolic in nature, and likely polemical.  The author is fully aware that the post is riddled with bias, may be petty, and is more of a gripe or complaint rather than an observation or constructive thought.

A post which is peeving does not require the following responses:

-Unsolicited advice
-Arguments against the premise
-Semantic parsing

Example:
[Peeving] I'm ok with the fact that you have a self-imposed dietary restriction.  I'm even ok that it is ridiculous, and has no basis in medical fact other than it helps restrict caloric intake.  But for the HOLY LOVE OF GOD, that doesn't make it ok to come to my city on a holiday vacation where we go out to eat, and bring it up EVERY SINGLE TIME you look at the fucking menu, and then argue with the waiter that the chef can make a lamb stew without carrots, JUST FOR YOU.  You are THE FUCKING WORST.  Just look at the fucking menu, order what fits your needs, and maybe ask for a substitution, so long as you're POLITE about it.  THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR STUPID FUCKING DIET.  [/Peeving]

LMNO

In other news, my brother and sister-in-law stayed in my house for five days over the Thankgiving holiday.  We went out to eat occasionally.

hooplala

I like this idea.

Was the carrot hater your brother? Or sister-in-law?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Well I actually hate carrots and find your bias against my people to be almost racist in its nature.

Also maybe you should try not liking carrots.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2014, 01:43:14 PM
Well I actually hate carrots and find your bias against my people to be almost racist in its nature.

Also maybe you should try not liking carrots.
:argh!:

It was my SIL.  Apparently, her diet has a "no root vegetables" clause.  She could eat all the bread she wanted to.  But no butter.

No butter? I didn't have the heart or the patience to explain to her why her broccoli rabe with basted ribeye steak was so delicious.

hooplala

No root vegetables, but all the bread she can eat... Was the intention to lose weight?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

I honestly can't say how the hell her diet made sense.

Eater of Clowns

Allium free living for healthy bodies!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 01, 2014, 02:22:14 PM
Allium free living for healthy bodies!

Good point!  She had no problem with onions.

Doktor Howl

I am peeving that LMNO hasn't answered my last PM to him, and my horrible slander is therefore on hold.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Oh, I thought you already had that pic.  Will send.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 01, 2014, 02:27:51 PM
Oh, I thought you already had that pic.  Will send.

Oki doke.

Still peeving.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."