News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Fashion Design: Steampunk

Started by Kaienne, September 25, 2007, 06:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Kaienne on September 25, 2007, 03:23:06 PM

The word Steampunk describes the world setting in which things that are adjective to it appear. In a post apocalyptic world, a gas mask might be necessary, as the air is probably unbreathably dirty. Clothes would be ripped and patched and mended and repaired numerous times, and since new stuff isn't being churned out of the factory, decoration would often come in the form of salvage. Since it's imperative to travel light and move often, as safety is not a common factor, one wouldn't have the luxury of being able to keep photo albums or scrap books; as such, were one of the inclination to carry a visual record of where they've been and what they've gone, tacking on a trinket here and there would be a natural recourse. Mixed in with fashion is utility; accessories such as elbow pads (and the gas mask, and goggles, etc.) are not only stylish, but also protect one while, say, salvaging through ruins or trying to fight or escape robbers, which may happen on a regular basis.
The point to the design is to appear like one is from such a harsh world; not that you drive a train or own a steam-powered refridgerator.

Holy fuck, you're worse than a LARP-er.

Cramulus

Kaienne

Quote from: LMNO on September 25, 2007, 03:28:40 PM

Oh God, not a LARPer! That's the worst insult you could possibly call me! O, how now I see the error of my ways, thanks to and only because of you applying to me a label belonging to a subculture that is easy to discriminate against because of their enjoyment in putting attention to detail into something they love! Oh God, why did I ever dare to not be normal?!
I'm gonna go out and buy a set of GAP clothes and get a desk job, right now! Thank you, LMNO! You've saved my life!

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on September 25, 2007, 03:39:07 PM
Awesome picture.

Bahahahahaha, I fuckin' lmao'd.
In a constant state of losing The Game.

Payne

You're just coming over as an idiot. Again.

Just saying.

Kaienne

Quote from: Payne on September 25, 2007, 03:45:23 PM
You're just coming over as an idiot. Again.

Just saying.

I'm happier being an idiot than a bland, boring asshole.

Payne

LMNO

Quote from: Kaienne on September 25, 2007, 03:43:21 PM

Oh God, not a LARPer! That's the worst insult you could possibly call me! O, how now I see the error of my ways, thanks to and only because of you applying to me a label belonging to a subculture that is easy to discriminate against because of their enjoyment in putting attention to detail into something they love! Oh God, why did I ever dare to not be normal?!
I'm gonna go out and buy a set of GAP clothes and get a desk job, right now! Thank you, LMNO! You've saved my life!

Always happy to help.

:digtbk:

Kaienne

Quote from: LMNO on September 25, 2007, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Kaienne on September 25, 2007, 03:43:21 PM

Always happy to help.

:digtbk:

:fnord:

LMNO

Quote from: Kaienne on September 25, 2007, 03:58:56 PM
:fnord:

Looks like I've made you happy, too.

That's nice.

Although, it may be an indicator of your personal hygine.

Incidentally, where are you posting from right now?

Kaienne

I'm visiting someone out of town at the moment. I have limited internet access- up to an hour- at the library in Toronto, but I don't go every day, so typically by the time I'm done checking up on all the stuff I'm keenly interested in, I don't have time for passing fancies like this place. Here, though, I've got lots of time to bother you buggers.

The Littlest Ubermensch

:popcorn:

15 pages or bust!

TLU
-Thinks that regardless of the outfits coolness, the additional bullshit is unncecessary.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
   \

Cain

I actually liked the second and third photos.

Anyway, all I ask is that we at least try to keep the mess confined to the two threads it is already in.  Please?

LMNO

Kaienne