News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

Started by Cain, June 21, 2010, 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Huh. Solution was far more mundane. Wasn't sure you could do that with that spell, though.

And his method of disposing of V was very clever, indeed.

The Wizard Joseph

I've ta I en my first bite of the fruit and will most likely be occupied with this most excellent and well written fiction.

Harry rubbed his forehead, grimacing. Don't believe everything you think, one of his books had said.

I'll let you know when I'm done binging!  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

This is wrapping up mighty tidily.  Not that parts don't resonate, but I caught as light whiff of deus ex machina in Draco's conclusion.

The Wizard Joseph

Took a break for a bit to digest. Then just finished ch7. The one where Harry and Draco have a nice little sociopathic jousting match and become 'friends'. I have not read the books and sense many subtle in-references that I have no context for, but I very much like this. Whenever, if ever, I commit to reading the original works through it's all going to be colored by this..marvelous thing.

I'm not even sure where to begin trying to relate what this is doing to my mind. Perhaps best I just get it all read first.

Comed-Tea given to someone who is neurologically unfazable would be instructive. Assuming that it cannot fail to work then the effect required to dribble it would tell me if the intent is surprise, impossible in the subject, or the dribbling or spittake it's self.

It worries me that a probability manipulation device of such magnitude is in the hands of this little power stacking munchkin version of Harry!

The consequences are all on the vendor really.  8)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

So, this finished.

Somewhat ambivalent about the end. Probably due to the "more in a year" bullshit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.