News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Don't Break The Chain

Started by Cainad (dec.), January 30, 2015, 04:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 04:59:19 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2015, 03:29:54 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 03:10:02 AM
It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed.

You stopped trying to be the zaniest guy in the room.

I knew you'd turn out to be okay.

But if you tell anyone I said that, I'll call you a liar.

Well yeah. You wrote it. In print it's libel.  :)

For real though, a big factor in that is that I have dropped two main things.

One is the pretense, delusion really, that I was a businessman. My company was real in the "Legal Zoom got me filed" sense, but I was not ready AND headed the wrong way.

The other is that I have decided to treat this place as I would any given church or temple I might walk into IRL. One I can scream fuckall in as loud as I may need to, but ultimately public and connected to me.

This last bit has been very significant for me, personally; just finding that the people I interact with online are also a very real community, and friends who can potentially be a big part of my life and an instrumental part of my future.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2015, 04:58:43 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 10, 2015, 05:05:57 PM
Tomorrow is the enemy.

I like this. Both as anti procrastination and I extracted a bit more from context of 'know your enemy'.. know your tomorrow or prepare.

I've settled on reading PD every day as my don't break the chain. Think I heard a quote somewhere like 9/10ths of success is showing up. It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed. It matters much more to me that I am so often provoked to thought by what I read or am otherwise exposed to here. In some ways it's more valuable to me than the IRL socializing I usually do with my time but not in every way.

Enough that I want to carve more time out of my schedule to spend here.

Sincerity makes a difference, a big one. Vulnerability is one of the hardest things to do, but also IMO one of the most valuable, because when you are being most vulnerable is when you are also showing the things that you care about most, and are most invested in, and not only are those the things that are most likely to be the best things you have worked on because you put the most into them, but also they will be the things that you are most sincere about.

Nigel I am currently the product of many, many experiences since I first posted here. I do not have the power to answer myself, with any certainty, when I ask myself what ultimately led me to this place. I am quite certain that I have grown from, and perhaps even been kept from a foolish path by, my interactions with the folks here.

I concluded that the least that I can do is actually be who I am if I can't seem to put down the Discordia and walk away.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2015, 05:02:33 AM
Cainad, the 9th is my favorite.

i have been in a writey mood lately, but with almost no time to write. Appointments here, appointments there, meetings everywhere! But I have the feeling of having much to say, so I hope I can take a minute to say it here and there.

I had just gotten into bed and realized that I'd forgotten to write an entry, so I hopped up and scribbled out whatever trash came to mind. Made a nice departure from the entries that sounds like they were written by someone with thick-rimmed glasses and a cardigan.

There's definitely no requirement to get all your thoughts down for the chain entries. If you have the urge to make words, scrawl out one terribly-formed sentence on the nearest thing you can write on.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2015, 05:13:18 AM
It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed.

One is the pretense, delusion really, that I was a businessman. My company was real in the "Legal Zoom got me filed" sense, but I was not ready AND headed the wrong way.

The other is that I have decided to treat this place as I would any given church or temple I might walk into IRL. One I can scream fuckall in as loud as I may need to, but ultimately public and connected to me.

This last bit has been very significant for me, personally; just finding that the people I interact with online are also a very real community, and friends who can potentially be a big part of my life and an instrumental part of my future.

There never really was an IRL. It always was just people communicating.

Hm.. well just great! Now I've got some nonsense about 'The Mythical Kingdom of Irl" running around in my brain. It's just not going to stop with the ideas.. I can't develop them all. Ah well   :lol:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 05:14:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2015, 04:58:43 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 10, 2015, 05:05:57 PM
Tomorrow is the enemy.

I like this. Both as anti procrastination and I extracted a bit more from context of 'know your enemy'.. know your tomorrow or prepare.

I've settled on reading PD every day as my don't break the chain. Think I heard a quote somewhere like 9/10ths of success is showing up. It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed. It matters much more to me that I am so often provoked to thought by what I read or am otherwise exposed to here. In some ways it's more valuable to me than the IRL socializing I usually do with my time but not in every way.

Enough that I want to carve more time out of my schedule to spend here.

Sincerity makes a difference, a big one. Vulnerability is one of the hardest things to do, but also IMO one of the most valuable, because when you are being most vulnerable is when you are also showing the things that you care about most, and are most invested in, and not only are those the things that are most likely to be the best things you have worked on because you put the most into them, but also they will be the things that you are most sincere about.

Nigel I am currently the product of many, many experiences since I first posted here. I do not have the power to answer myself, with any certainty, when I ask myself what ultimately led me to this place. I am quite certain that I have grown from, and perhaps even been kept from a foolish path by, my interactions with the folks here.

I concluded that the least that I can do is actually be who I am if I can't seem to put down the Discordia and walk away.

I personally have found that assholes who challenge my assumptions have made a better me of me, which is essentially why I stick around here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 11, 2015, 05:17:44 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2015, 05:02:33 AM
Cainad, the 9th is my favorite.

i have been in a writey mood lately, but with almost no time to write. Appointments here, appointments there, meetings everywhere! But I have the feeling of having much to say, so I hope I can take a minute to say it here and there.

I had just gotten into bed and realized that I'd forgotten to write an entry, so I hopped up and scribbled out whatever trash came to mind. Made a nice departure from the entries that sounds like they were written by someone with thick-rimmed glasses and a cardigan.

There's definitely no requirement to get all your thoughts down for the chain entries. If you have the urge to make words, scrawl out one terribly-formed sentence on the nearest thing you can write on.

I am somewhat reminded that part of the Borneo trip is a field journal, and that one of the requirements is recording BOTH my observations AND my impressions/reactions. Separately. That might be a good exercise.

hirley0

Feb 11th 0k this is what i do not do well | ad TBD> {ad 250

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 05:20:04 AM

Hm.. well just great! Now I've got some nonsense about 'The Mythical Kingdom of Irl" running around in my brain. It's just not going to stop with the ideas.. I can't develop them all. Ah well   :lol:
y at 04:29:10 am
to begin with today is the 11th of February {got it
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 09:20:04 pm
   I assume that the spacing is going to get lost | dT=6m44s ?
    Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on Yesterday at 09:13:18 pm
           So i will try to use courier Or courrier new | dt=14m-1s
        Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 08:59:19 pm
                    Look? i have no idea wher this is going | dT=1h29m25s
            Quote from: Doktor Howl on Yesterday at 07:29:54 pm
                         total #  of Li's = 10 ? {got it? | dt=19m52s
                Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 07:10:02 pm

ay at 04:41:12 am had to adjust the Size {so sorry
at 04:43:25 am  it did NOT work
4:45:31 am  courier don't size ? still trying to do this how ever

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: hirley0 on February 11, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
Feb 11th 0k this is what i do not do well | ad TBD> {ad 250

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 05:20:04 AM

y at 04:29:10 am
to begin with today is the 11th of February {got it
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 09:20:04 pm
   I assume that the spacing is going to get lost | dT=6m44s ?
    Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on Yesterday at 09:13:18 pm
           So i will try to use courier Or courrier new | dt=14m-1s
        Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 08:59:19 pm
                    Look? i have no idea wher this is going | dT=1h29m25s
            Quote from: Doktor Howl on Yesterday at 07:29:54 pm
                         total #  of Li's = 10 ? {got it? | dt=19m52s
                Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on Yesterday at 07:10:02 pm

ay at 04:41:12 am had to adjust the Size {so sorry
at 04:43:25 am  it did NOT work
4:45:31 am  courier don't size ? still trying to do this how ever

I understood most of that Hirley0. Do not feel like you must communicate in uncomfortable fashion. I will do my best to understand you and try to ask meaningful questions if I can't parse things. Just let me know if I get something wrong. I expect to do that a lot at first.

Are you synesthesic? Is there a key to your color choices? Your coding mode of comms has fascinated and often, I must admit, confused me since I first got here.

Give me some time and I'll try to learn your lingo.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Chelagoras The Boulder

DON'T. Trust me, that way lies only madness.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 12, 2015, 04:06:52 AM

Yeah you been there? That's my hometown. I visit every now and then. It's nice in the summer!  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Chelagoras The Boulder

Yea, but winter has those plagues of dead animals brought on by The Glow Cloud. ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

hirley0

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 11:42:30 PM
0k its soon post time 4:32 | However My computer clock Runs Fast
& GAINS TIME EACH DAY . it really is a HaHaHassel for me.
besides this ? My guess is the board time follows UTC by seconds
thus i seldom get 4:32 to be 4:32 exactly

anyway about Language | when ask | who i am | I USually reply
that i use the 28 letter alphabet to spell my name | {does not  compute

another does not compute problem is my machine Language
the 1st computer i ever had was an RCA 1802 So NOP = 00
No Operation was 00 & not intel'$ 90 { An octal based character set
whereas the 1802 was HEX { it made Machine Language Understandable
& thus i never really ever bother with the non¢ents of intel or ASKkey
or any of it as far as that goes? 0ppsi ran over post time {{ Try 4:44
6 So it mostly about characters, CODE v Letter CODE  { got lost
7 don't know how to convert character to code anymore hunt & peck
8 & only 2 min left to post time &i only type very slowly at on line / m
9 so i'LL jus close soon & try to update in the TNM thread

hirley0

:lol: 
9 As i see it you still have electricity | one of my main questions
8 in Life is what area of the Globe / Will be last to exit when  it
7 comes to the era of lights out? | that of course may not happen
6 Should this be the case however, i would like to hedge my .com
5 bet and post a bit in the area | to turn the lights out last | EoL
4 for some reason i ofen think of Brazil as a good bet | Long Term
3 but when i search around for a SMF that is hassel free { not found
2 i did find a site in Spain, however AM reluctant to think of Spain
1 as an answer to the Quest. bac2IQ chat. I took the test {Jr :
0 found a way to cheat {got ban {{ never finished {{{ not A conCern

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 12, 2015, 04:06:52 AM

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: hirley0 on February 12, 2015, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 11:42:30 PM
0k its soon post time 4:32 | However My computer clock Runs Fast
& GAINS TIME EACH DAY . it really is a HaHaHassel for me.
besides this ? My guess is the board time follows UTC by seconds
thus i seldom get 4:32 to be 4:32 exactly

anyway about Language | when ask | who i am | I USually reply
that i use the 28 letter alphabet to spell my name | {does not  compute

another does not compute problem is my machine Language
the 1st computer i ever had was an RCA 1802 So NOP = 00
No Operation was 00 & not intel'$ 90 { An octal based character set
whereas the 1802 was HEX { it made Machine Language Understandable
& thus i never really ever bother with the non¢ents of intel or ASKkey
or any of it as far as that goes? 0ppsi ran over post time {{ Try 4:44
6 So it mostly about characters, CODE v Letter CODE  { got lost
7 don't know how to convert character to code anymore hunt & peck
8 & only 2 min left to post time &i only type very slowly at on line / m
9 so i'LL jus close soon & try to update in the TNM thread

Ok. Will continue conversation on your threads. My time gets short too and typing on an Android phone is still a bit of a hassle. We will see as it goes!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl