News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

The Dreaming LARP

Started by Cramulus, January 27, 2010, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Quote from: Cramulus on March 14, 2010, 01:59:57 PM
Unless you went to Washington and performed the Dreamscaping ritual, in which case please post pics

otherwise please do not edit the map to arbitrarily add territories

it is planned for tomorrow, link to ritual text?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Quote from: Pēleus on March 16, 2010, 04:01:55 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 14, 2010, 01:59:57 PM
Unless you went to Washington and performed the Dreamscaping ritual, in which case please post pics

otherwise please do not edit the map to arbitrarily add territories

it is planned for tomorrow, link to ritual text?

ahh! you know, I didn't know you were actually in Washington and were planning on playing

in that case, it's totally cool to add the map marker & move the Butcher's final kill before leaves the country to wherever you guys are

the last yatto

yep, and park is much friendly then downtown crackhead alley
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Dimocritus

Just signed up. I'm really brand new to this LARPing you speak of, so it may take me a little while to actually get moving. Give me a few sit-downs to get bette aquainted with the rules. Also, advice will be taken if offered.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Richter

Quote from: dimo on March 16, 2010, 06:56:07 AM
Just signed up. I'm really brand new to this LARPing you speak of, so it may take me a little while to actually get moving. Give me a few sit-downs to get bette aquainted with the rules. Also, advice will be taken if offered.

Next Tuesday 3/23 - Boffer Workshop.  Bring about $5 for foam + pipe (Less if the reciept from "Lowes" says less) and we'll show you have to make some weapons! 
Meet the other players, see the mess I call "Home", and we'll see if we can't scare up interest for some play afterwards!  :mrgreen:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on March 16, 2010, 12:13:49 PM

Next Tuesday 3/23 - Boffer Workshop.  Bring about $5 for foam + pipe (Less if the reciept from "Lowes" says less) and we'll show you have to make some weapons! 
Meet the other players, see the mess I call "Home", and we'll see if we can't scare up interest for some play afterwards!  :mrgreen:

That sounds good, but where do you live at? I'm kinda without transport, but if it's not too far, I may be able to talk a friend into coming along.

Richter

Quote from: dimo on March 16, 2010, 05:46:54 PM

That sounds good, but where do you live at? I'm kinda without transport, but if it's not too far, I may be able to talk a friend into coming along.

I'm in Providence, details on the site. 
I work in Warwick though, so I could pick you up.  One, if not all of us may head to Cranston after, so we can see about transport back for you too, no worries.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on March 16, 2010, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: dimo on March 16, 2010, 05:46:54 PM

I'm in Providence, details on the site. 
I work in Warwick though, so I could pick you up.  One, if not all of us may head to Cranston after, so we can see about transport back for you too, no worries.

If you want, PM me your number. I had it from that first night we hung out, but forgot to save it. That way we can talk details and whatnot.

Oh, and I'm really broke, so I may just end up a spectator on Tuesday, but I don't really mind. Just getting my feet wet, after all.

Cramulus

had an awesome gathering last night at the kick off party!

here's the blog entry about it: http://dreamings.ning.com/profiles/blogs/south-ct-meet-and-greet-and

I've also posted seven videos, you can see 'em here: http://dreamings.ning.com/video/video

here's our boy Richter, aka Zed, one of the finalists / winners at the tournament.

here's richter, putting the stick to a Vision named Marl during a duel.

(from left to right) Marl, Sarumil, Zed, Agitato, and I decided it was time to Close the Portal.

And here are the Shades - the monsters we had to fight in order to Close the Portal.

AND THEN WE GOT DRUNK

Dimocritus

Cool beans Cram!

Congrats on getting this whole thing started! Just saw that you guys did this yesterday and I was all like: "Crap! I could've made it up there in time!" but I had a gig, so I wouldn't have been able to make it anyhow. Next time.

EDIT: Not that I fully understand exactly what you're doing, 'cuz I don't. But it looks like fun regardless.

Triple Zero

That looks awesome, Cram!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Last night, there were about seven of us participating in a boffer-making workshop and a sort of improvised Dreamwalk, which I will write up as something more official later (along with another Dreamwalk I have nearly completed; I'll send them both to Cram for his approval). I also claimed the main landmark of my campus (the windmill) as land for the Lost Souls, of which we have four.

Overall it went absolutely swimmingly, much better than the Irrational Anxiety Fairy that sits on my shoulders was telling me it would.

Richter

Now that I'm conscious again...

The gathering at Cram's was serious good times.
I hear there were some last minute cancellations, but things ran smoothly with 9 people.  No broken skills, glaring problems, or major downfalls.  There was also a lot of discussion about the dream walk set up, level of challenge, etc.  The level of in game chatter and roleplay was awesome too, especially for the first run.  We were all scheming, collaborating, or arguing right off the bat.  Trash talk with a god,  :lulz:.  

If there was any drawback, it was the wet ground.

Edit: spelling

Jasper

Quote from: dimo on March 20, 2010, 03:14:40 PM
EDIT: Not that I fully understand exactly what you're doing, 'cuz I don't. But it looks like fun regardless.

I'm not entirely sure either, but it sounds like an augmented reality LARP with a heavy psychological bent.

I think.

Actually I'm guessing.  Someone point to an explanation plz?

Telarus

It is (among other things) a Larp that you can solo because there is an ongoing online narrative.

It's a P2P LARP with BOFFER SWORDS.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!