News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

The world didn't end! Yet another nutjob declared the rapture for Feb.

Started by zen_magick, January 02, 2013, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zen_magick

I know longer remember how many end of the world's I've lived through. I truly hope this upcoming rapture happens cause at least a whole host of people I can't stand will be gone.

Personally I'm still pissed about Y2K I had a Van and was ready to get that big screen TV at last.

Currently watching Portlandia and realizing that Boulder, CO has spread across the country and praying to all the gods/goddesses to wipe this planet clean before the yuppies have me deprogrammed.

With that said HAPPY NEW YEAR YOUZ ALL!!!

Z_M
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Big rock falls out of the sky, everyone dies.

No, seriously, it's an alleged asteroid impact.  You know how it is...every time an asteroid is due to pass near Earth, people speculate it's actually going to hit, and NASA are covering up that fact for the government.  Because only NASA have access to the advanced technology required to track asteroid trajectories, like computers, star charts, telescopes and maths.

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh i see. Asteroid impacts are now synonymous with the millenialist concept of the rapture just like a george romero concept is synonymous with the last book in the bible. People are getting a bit lax in their terminology when it comes to eschatology are they?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Dammit. I wanted Fred Phelps to float up in the air and explode when he left the atmosphere.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Id like it better if everyone got raptured but them. It would be funny.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2013, 03:03:41 PM
Big rock falls out of the sky, everyone dies.

No, seriously, it's an alleged asteroid impact.  You know how it is...every time an asteroid is due to pass near Earth, people speculate it's actually going to hit, and NASA are covering up that fact for the government.  Because only NASA have access to the advanced technology required to track asteroid trajectories, like computers, star charts, telescopes and maths.

Funny thing is, we only watch about 5% of the sky, last I heard.

Lot of rocks out there.  On the other hand, if NASA did see a rock on a collision course, why WOULD they tell anyone?  Would you really want to know?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I don't think they could hide it, unless NASA either hid knowledge of it from the start.  As soon as everyone knows about it, their claims can be verified.

And since we know about this asteroid, it's not the one that's going to kill us.  Like sharks, it's the one we don't see.

Pergamos

To guarantee that the Christian end of the world never comes we need someone who firmly believes that it is coming.  According to the bible we shall not know the hour or day of its coming, so as long as someone knows each day, they have to be wrong.

Nephew Twiddleton

Too much effort. Ill go with some ill defined date in about a billion years with the cause being increased solar luminosity.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on January 02, 2013, 11:43:28 PM
Too much effort. Ill go with some ill defined date in about a billion years with the cause being increased solar luminosity.

So, Tucson.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

It will tucson everywhere. You dont want to see tucson itself at that time. Oh no.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on January 03, 2013, 04:36:00 PM
It will tucson everywhere. You dont want to see tucson itself at that time. Oh no.

Tucson is unchanging.  When the stars all burn out, and the curtain is drawn on creation, Tucson will still be there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Speaking of end times, here Tapley explains how the video Gangnam Style is actually a divine revelation from God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U0bk3gsv1gA
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."