News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

The Peedy Forums Elsewhere on the Internet

Started by Cramulus, November 30, 2008, 01:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

OM's not a term specific to the forum, however.  Its mentioned in Illuminatus and later Discordian books, they may have picked it up there.

Also, how do all you people manage to dig through LJ for all this stuff?  Going there hurts my head.

Valerie - Gone

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 08:40:20 PM
OM's not a term specific to the forum, however.  Its mentioned in Illuminatus and later Discordian books, they may have picked it up there.

Also, how do all you people manage to dig through LJ for all this stuff?  Going there hurts my head.
Aw, damn. I was wrong in my thinking then. I need to read the Illuminatus...

I'm subscribed to Urusula Vernon and that was where the comment was. I don't go digging through LJ for anything.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Cain

Quote from: Valerie on January 27, 2009, 09:16:44 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 08:40:20 PM

Aw, damn. I was wrong in my thinking then. I need to read the Illuminatus...

I'm subscribed to Urusula Vernon and that was where the comment was. I don't go digging through LJ for anything.

http://kamita.com/misc/illuminatus/illuminatus.html

Ah.  Still, that goes for other people on here as well.  Basically, I want to insult LJ.  I'm sure there are many nice people on there, but the layout does my head in.  As does much of the content.  At least, the content I see.

Valerie - Gone

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 09:28:26 PM

Ah.  Still, that goes for other people on here as well.  Basically, I want to insult LJ.  I'm sure there are many nice people on there, but the layout does my head in.  As does much of the content.  At least, the content I see.
Holy crap. Is that all three of the books? That's kinda crazy. Thank you.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Cain

Cramulus

Cain

Blogging
Livejournal: for people old enough to know better!

the last yatto

QuoteWhat I have found is that this analogy is a an unenlightened one, for it tells of failure to achieve enlightenment, and you had better not try again

BIP IS NOT WRITTEN BY HOMER :argh!:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 27, 2009, 11:43:07 PM
QuoteWhat I have found is that this analogy is a an unenlightened one, for it tells of failure to achieve enlightenment, and you had better not try again

BIP IS NOT WRITTEN BY HOMER :argh!:

:lulz:

Telarus

Lol, Cool Idea. The Scythian references were cool, too. I dropped a comment that let her onto the fact that the Scythian FireGoddess Tabhiti/Rhea has quite a few connections to Eris/Enyo.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

the last yatto

Quote from: Cramulus on January 24, 2009, 12:19:19 AM
http://clemtaur.livejournal.com/14579.html

has a bunch of good calvinball larp posters

:fap:

ps someone should give them an updated url, the one they have for the pdf is marked for death
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Quote from: Valerie on January 27, 2009, 11:09:39 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 09:28:26 PM

Holy crap. Is that all three of the books? That's kinda crazy. Thank you.

Best part about that site is the search function, for when you're looking for a specific quote or scene, and don't care about hundreds of fake band names.

Cramulus

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

not that I'm aware of! Found this via google alerts.