News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Mine too, Nigel,  mine too.  :sadbanana:

They live pretty affluent lives for being so damn poor.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on April 18, 2015, 07:22:00 AM

Seriously. I just had this awful conversation with it about why it's not OK to make fun of people for things they have no control over, like being straight and cis, and it was like "No,  it's OK to make fun of people as long as they aren't oppressed for things I think I'm oppressed for" and I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH what have I even tried to instill in you, you total entitled asshole.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

See, this is why we need a reality show just for this kind of special snowflake. Allow the transethnics and otherkin to live out thier imagined fantasies of living in poverty or being a wolf and see if by the end of the episode they're not running for the hills screaming"WHY DID I WANT THIS!? WHY DID I WANT THIS!?"
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Demolition Squid

I was similarly obnoxious when I was a teenager. Until I had to do it myself, I didn't realize how fucking hard it is just to get by.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 07:32:08 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on April 18, 2015, 07:22:00 AM

Seriously. I just had this awful conversation with it about why it's not OK to make fun of people for things they have no control over, like being straight and cis, and it was like "No,  it's OK to make fun of people as long as they aren't oppressed for things I think I'm oppressed for" and I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH what have I even tried to instill in you, you total entitled asshole.

:lulz:

Bruno

If I had known what an Emo was (if there was such a thing) when I was a teenager, I probably would have considered myself one. I might even still qualify today at the age of 43.

AMUSING ANECDOTE: I recently discovered that my proto-combover hairdo, if combed down and to the right rather than back and to the left, as I usually wear it, is, in fact, Emo hair.

I think it must be destiny or something.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on April 18, 2015, 09:01:25 AM
I apologize for my generation, Nigel.

Thank you. That makes me feel a little bit better, because it gives me hope that some of them will actually pull their heads out of their asses.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 02:51:29 PM
If I had known what an Emo was (if there was such a thing) when I was a teenager, I probably would have considered myself one. I might even still qualify today at the age of 43.

AMUSING ANECDOTE: I recently discovered that my proto-combover hairdo, if combed down and to the right rather than back and to the left, as I usually wear it, is, in fact, Emo hair.

It's never too late!

Hey, we're the same age. When's your birthday?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In other news of shit just not working, I tried to phone in my doxycycline refill. Automated system tells me I have no refills. The pharmacy only gave me 30 pills because my insurance company would only cover one month's worth, but I have .32 refill on the bottle.

Now I  have to drive to NW Portland and wait while they figure it out. Sigh.

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

It's never too late!

I turn 43 in July.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 18, 2015, 05:02:09 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

It's never too late!

I turn 43 in July.

OH GOD NEVER MIND YOU ARE LIKE A YEAR YOUNGER. I CAN TECHNICALLY EVEN CALL YOU KIDDO.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NOT REALLY.

Congratulations on making it to your 40s! That's quite an accomplishment for many of us, given unwise living in our younger years.

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 18, 2015, 05:16:09 PM
NOT REALLY.

Congratulations on making it to your 40s! That's quite an accomplishment for many of us, given unwise living in our younger years.

Still trying to decide if it was a good idea.