News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

OMGASM at BlackIronPrison.com

Started by Cramulus, January 16, 2008, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I've started a centralized archive of writings related to this big project we've been talking about recently.

http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=OMGASM

This is important because when we recruit people, we need a quick way to tell them about it without forcing them to dig through our forums and read lengthy threads.

There's a ton of information we discussed that we need to distill into independant bites of information. This will be something we can direct people towards when they want to get on-board.

EVERYONE who has posted or thought about this project is encouraged (uhhhh REQIURED! ~lol~) to help out in building the wiki supporting it. See here:

TO-DO LIST

- We need to figure out what the OMGASM front page should contain. I think it should host all the propaganda we might use to snooker people into our clutches. Images, essays, rants, the sort of things that get people fired up. Stuff we encourage people to edit and repost on other Discordian forums. HOW CAN YOU HELP? Go through the threads about this project and paste relevant posts or ideas in this thread. Someone who wants to help will upload those ideas to the wiki. If you have free time, be that guy. Don't worry if it looks pretty, we'll clean that up later. If you're the kind of person who's good at layout and design, do that.

-I think the front page should have a history which explains the origins of this idea. There was an FSM thread which started the ball rolling and challenged us to one-up them...and now the ball is rolling. HOW CAN YOU HELP? Write the history of the project. Or at least make some notes on the History page for people to edit into an article later...

-Right now we need more images and stuff like that - Vex has started us rolling, could someone please upload his images to the wiki? Barumunk, you're a graphic designer right? Other image people should get on board too! HOW CAN YOU HELP? If you don't have graphic design skillz, find relevant graphics and upload them to the wiki!

-There are no current Golden Apple Seed Missions. This is a big flaw in our project - before we start broad recruiting pushes, we need to have some things in place for people to participate in. HOW CAN YOU HELP? Write up a mission for other Discordians. More importantly, get a Digg and del.ico.us account and tag existing missions (when they appear).

I've used the word OMGASM for lack of a better name. I think Vex proposed The Game at some point, but as a correlary between this project and The MachineTM.

Triple Zero

1. i collected relevant links on this page:

http://del.icio.us/tag/gasm

4. there are already a few semi-missions, they're on the above page. just tag "gasm" on a link, a blog post, forum post, whatever.

also i don't really like the word "sects" on the wikipage, can't it be "cabals"?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

oh jeez you're right. Cabal is a MUCH better word than sect.

I typed all that shit at work while taking a break from being INCREDIBLY bogged with deadlines and malfunctioning printers and other publishing bullshit. So it's in no way in a final-form.

I highly recommend you make some edits yerself, as there's a lot to do and I don't have the time to make the edits that need to be made. Does that work?

Cainad (dec.)

I can has BIP wiki account? :aww:
"Create account" is suffering from a bad case of nonexistence.

barumunk

hey great i love rolling balls!   :D

Well I had an idea for BIP, and it was sort of covered in the golden sphere of possibility, but I was wondering (and would like to) rewrite a version of BIP but as a starting point invert all the "negative" words with positive version.... not to replace BIP OBVIOUSLY but as a (sub)version <-----------hahaha i like that word!!!!

... anyway, what you guys think (the idea of it that is)

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

AFK

Quote from: Cainad on January 17, 2008, 05:11:46 AM

You have to ask one of the Sysops.  Those being Synaptyx, LMNO, Prof Cram, and myself.  So, I shall set you up.  Expect a PM shortly. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Cross posting:

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 15, 2008, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2008, 02:09:00 PM
This reminds me...assuming the power doesn't go down again (not exactly a given at the moment) I'll scout out 10 or so Discordian websites and drop off the addresses in the O:MF forum.

Good idea... we should figure out which we already have active members in and which we need to infiltra... err join. Also, should we have an area in specific to direct people to? Maybe a subforum with sticky essays that we want these people to read, in order to understand what we're planning on doing? I think that Welcome blurb I wrote a while back would be good to modify slightly and post, along with your infowar essays, maybe some of the applicable essays from BiP and I thought I might do a couple essays 'expounding' on some Discordian Lore as it applies to us... maybe ;-)

Also I have a recruitment one I'm working on (how-to).

I'm hoping our eventual aim would be to make a Discordian version of the Encyclopedia of the Afghan Jihad (an 8000 page reference guide to terrorism, written by Al-Qai'da's top operatives and circulated among all recruits via CDs) so I totally agree with this idea.  Cram's idea to use the Wiki, as mentioned in the TFY,S forum, to create a stable base of knowledge which can get everyone 'up to speed' quickly is an excellent idea.

That was part of the larger project I didn't want to mention before, because it would be a lot of work.

Cramulus

Quote from: barumunk on January 17, 2008, 06:22:24 AM
hey great i love rolling balls!   :D

Well I had an idea for BIP, and it was sort of covered in the golden sphere of possibility, but I was wondering (and would like to) rewrite a version of BIP but as a starting point invert all the "negative" words with positive version.... not to replace BIP OBVIOUSLY but as a (sub)version <-----------hahaha i like that word!!!!

... anyway, what you guys think (the idea of it that is)

lol - yeah be our guests and edit / release as much as you want! Pretty much all of the BIP pamphlet is Kopyleft, meaning you can edit it as you see fit. Uhm, except for Roger's rants. I think that if you mince his words, he'll skewer you through the internet somehow.

But this topic was talking about the OMGASM project. Do you feel up to helping out with graphics and writings and spreading the Good Word and stuff?

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 17, 2008, 01:37:34 PM

You have to ask one of the Sysops.  Those being Synaptyx, LMNO, Prof Cram, and myself.  So, I shall set you up.  Expect a PM shortly. 

I'm a sysop now??

I'm pretty sure I'm not. At least, I don't see any account creating tools.

AFK

Yeah, I took the liberty to make you one.  Because you seemed to have the most gumption and drive to actually put stuff on the thing.  It seemed to make sense. 

barumunk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 17, 2008, 01:58:13 PM
But this topic was talking about the OMGASM project. Do you feel up to helping out with graphics and writings and spreading the Good Word and stuff?

Yup i most def do.  :D

and a frind of mine locally (hasnt posted hear really) is also a graphic designa nd keen to participate, which is cool. count us in.

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

AFK

So I gather one method for networking is going to be through flyers, writings, etc.

Of course another method would be to find groups of established Discordians on the net.  The obvious places will be message boards, but as we know there don't seem to be very many.  But perhaps there are cabals that have websites, complete with contact information, but maybe aren't communicating through message boards.

What I'm getting at, is that at some point, and I maybe getting ahead of the game here, we will want to develop some sort of list or database of contacts for these groups of Discordians.  Probably the easiest and most straightforward way to do this is to identify "leaders" from these groups and get their e-mail addresses.  Then you can send out mass e-mails. 

Eventually, I think it would be really cool to develop some sort of newsletter or newspaper where different cabals and groups can submit what they are up to, rants, events., etc.  It was something I wanted to do with The Discordian Network before the site crashed. 

Anyway, just thinking out loud here. 

Cain

Its a good idea, I think.  And once you have that list, try to get it to as many people on the list as possible too.  Create interconnections.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 17, 2008, 01:37:34 PM

POKE. Me too... I thought I had an account, but it claims not to know anything about some user named ratatosk :(
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

barumunk

yeah that sounds cool/great  i also thingk it's a good idea to catagorize them by geographic locations.. so people know if there are other people round to do non-interweb mindfucks!!  :evil:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 17, 2008, 02:43:38 AM
oh jeez you're right. Cabal is a MUCH better word than sect.

I typed all that shit at work while taking a break from being INCREDIBLY bogged with deadlines and malfunctioning printers and other publishing bullshit. So it's in no way in a final-form.

I highly recommend you make some edits yerself, as there's a lot to do and I don't have the time to make the edits that need to be made. Does that work?

yup i edited it.

(i just didn't wanna edit it yesterday because--secretly (nobody could tell, right?)--i was posting while high+drunk, and i didn't really wanna edit a wiki in that state)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.