News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Hey wait

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 17, 2010, 09:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on April 19, 2010, 05:54:04 PM

wonderful.
:)

when's number 2 coming out?

Tomorrow.  I have something else to write today.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I watched Deadwood last night, and it dealt so beautifully with bureaucracy. By shooting it in the face. Sometimes I wish it was still that simple.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I  mean, aside from the rampant rape, murder, slavery and genocide that was also going on at the time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 19, 2010, 06:37:01 PM
I watched Deadwood last night, and it dealt so beautifully with bureaucracy. By shooting it in the face. Sometimes I wish it was still that simple.

Bureaucrats get a bad rap.  They may be inefficient, but they are the last impersonal form of government left.

And, let's face it...do you REALLY want personal attention from your government?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2010, 06:38:20 PM

Bureaucrats get a bad rap.  They may be inefficient, but they are the last impersonal form of government left.

And, let's face it...do you REALLY want personal attention from your government?

I get that occasionally, unfortunately. And no, I don't want it. THANKS PORTLAND.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2010, 06:38:20 PM

Also the least efficient form. This is also a good thing.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Jenne

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 19, 2010, 06:37:01 PM

I fuckin' miss that fuckin' show.  (Yes, I was a fan of the "fuck" counter...sorry)  But man, WHY'd they have to go and CANCEL THAT ONE?

:x

Cramulus

Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2010, 02:06:33 AM

I fuckin' miss that fuckin' show.  (Yes, I was a fan of the "fuck" counter...sorry)  But man, WHY'd they have to go and CANCEL THAT ONE?

they didn't cancel it, it was too expensive to make.

I hear rumor there might be a deadwood movie a brewin for HBO, to wrap up the loose ends

Jenne

Quote from: Cramulus on April 26, 2010, 05:03:54 AM
Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2010, 02:06:33 AM

they didn't cancel it, it was too expensive to make.

I hear rumor there might be a deadwood movie a brewin for HBO, to wrap up the loose ends

Pish posh.  That's what they said about ROME!  *still waiting for follow-up to that clusterfuck*  LOVED Rome.  Why I stick with HBO is beyond me.

I would love a Deadwood movie, though.

LMNO

I stuck with HBO because of Treme.  And, well... True Blood.  Cuz it's got boobs, gayness, and the occasional blood orgy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't have cable, so I watch everything on Netflix. At my FBF's house. I originally thought my 52" TV would be great for movies, but I think I've only ever watched one movie on it.