News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Censorship Over Some People's God/whathaveyou?

Started by maphdet, April 24, 2010, 04:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maphdet

I just thought that it was fucked up that the network actually censored what the creators gave to them. All over what? A bunch of fear?
WTF?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/arts/television/23park.html

sorry if this has been discussed already, I couldn't find it.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Reginald Ret

The terrorists have won.
Again.
Without even trying.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Iason Ouabache

Comedy Central shit their drawers over a non-threat. They are a bunch of pussies.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

If I read the article right, they were pussies in 2006—that's when the censorship took place.

Most recently, they showed Mohammed in a bear costume and some NY Muslims issued a veiled threat.

So it seems their testicles DID descend a bit since then.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

I laughed when I read the way they worded the threat.

"Look, I'm not saying we'll kill you.  But we might."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 24, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
I laughed when I read the way they worded the threat.

"Look, I'm not saying we'll kill you.  But we might."

I read it more as "We can't trust the members of our religion to be rational".
Molon Lube

Jasper

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Lord Quantum

So in other words, these people are openly admitting that Islam is in fact nothing more than a bunch of Arabian dudes with guns waiting for an excuse to murder someone? I bet Glenn Beck has already done a story on 'em.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Triple Zero

Quote from: Lord Quantum on April 25, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
So in other words, these people are openly admitting that Islam is in fact nothing more than a bunch of Arabian dudes with guns waiting for an excuse to murder someone? I bet Glenn Beck has already done a story on 'em.

retarded un-thought-out remarks like this are what gets people to vote Geert Wilders.

s/islam/christianity and see what you get.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Lord Quantum on April 25, 2010, 07:19:14 PM

No,  they are admitting that some Muslims are violent crazy fuckers, same as any religion, and that what South Park did is likely to provoke those violent crazy fuckers.  They themselves are a part of Islam and are pretty clearly denying that they are Arabian dudes with guns looking for an excuse to murder someone.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Kai

I think if the censoring was intentional it would be excellent satire.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish