News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:46:53 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 09:27:09 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:25:01 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:03:21 PM
I've decided, after much agonizing, that I am going to say fuck it to my timeline and just take all the classes I'm interested in at the community college. Most of them will apply to my BS just fine, and this way I don't have to miss out on interesting classes just to meet an artificial deadline.

I feel less stressed now.

Good.  Life's an experience, not a destination.

Damn.  I should write those little pseudo-profound plaques that people hang in their kitchens.

:lulz:

"...And when I looked back, there was only one set of footprints.  And I asked Jesus "Why did you abandon me?", and he said, "You need to shower more often."

"A Tidy Kitchen is an Easy Place to Get Rid of the Evidence."

"Home is Where the Beatings Are."

I don't understand why you don't take up needlepoint. You could make a fortune.

HEAR THAT, PEOPLE?

GIVE ROGER NEEDLES!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 24, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
Not sure. Wikipedia wasnt clear on that point. But malignancy occurence is at .05% she did say she would have to get an endoscopy every two years.

That's the occurrence for her high-risk category? Is that annual or lifetime? If it's lifetime, I would say it's really in the category of "something to not bother worrying about" because that's a third of general female population's lifetime risk of, say, ovarian cancer.

Endoscopy every two years will be a PITA, but well worth it for early detection.

Ah, here, I looked it up and that's annual risk, but the good news is that it looks like the high mortality rate is usually due to late detection: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/barretts/

You probably don't need to stress about it too much... more of an inconvenience than anything else.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 10:15:57 PM
I've decided, after much agonizing, that I am going to say fuck it to my timeline and just take all the classes I'm interested in at the community college. Most of them will apply to my BS just fine, and this way I don't have to miss out on interesting classes just to meet an artificial deadline.

Damn.  I should write those little pseudo-profound plaques that people hang in their kitchens.

"...And when I looked back, there was only one set of footprints.  And I asked Jesus "Why did you abandon me?", and he said, "You need to shower more often."

HEAR THAT, PEOPLE?

GIVE ROGER NEEDLES!

Hmmmmm

maybe on second thought...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah im not terribly worried about it now. Just wicked tired. As soon as she lets me know whether she still needs me to come over or not that will determine when i leave work. (tired enough that ill keep working so i dont have to not sit)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Pixie Pickle

|I want to do this. I want really offensive or aggressively "don't be a fucking slob!" type messages, done in an incredibly twee or girly aesthetic. Hell if Roger writes em I'll make em.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on October 24, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

|I want to do this. I want really offensive or aggressively "don't be a fucking slob!" type messages, done in an incredibly twee or girly aesthetic. Hell if Roger writes em I'll make em.

DEAL.  If you can sell 'em, keep everything for yourself.  This shit just drops out of my head, there's no effort to it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 10:23:10 PM

HEAR THAT, PEOPLE?

GIVE ROGER NEEDLES!

Hmmmmm

Mod Podge. What could go wrong?

Not rhetorical. I really want to know how to fuck shit up with Mod Podge.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

I do not care about my American History class. I feel bad that I don't care.

Don Coyote

Also, math professor broke minds today when asked how to graph the imaginary roots of a parabola on an real 2d coordinate plane.
"I can't graph in 4 dimensions, but it's ok because you don't have 4th dimensional eyes"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 25, 2012, 12:34:32 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 10:23:10 PM

HEAR THAT, PEOPLE?

GIVE ROGER NEEDLES!

Hmmmmm

Mod Podge. What could go wrong?

Not rhetorical. I really want to know how to fuck shit up with Mod Podge.  :lol:

I mod podged somebody's entire car once. I am pretty sure they would have fucked me up if they had the chance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 25, 2012, 12:43:12 AM
I do not care about my American History class. I feel bad that I don't care.

I know what you mean. That's why I have only taken one history class in my entire life.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 25, 2012, 12:56:11 AM
Also, math professor broke minds today when asked how to graph the imaginary roots of a parabola on an real 2d coordinate plane.
"I can't graph in 4 dimensions, but it's ok because you don't have 4th dimensional eyes"

I don't know what that means. What math class are you in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can smell my wound. I can smell it all the time.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 25, 2012, 03:11:48 AM
I can smell my wound. I can smell it all the time.

Course ya can.  It's like shoving a penny up your nose.